Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE already knows they will be the first to be criticized. They already know how the public will be upset by not doing or saying xyz to the public.

If the family trusts LE and how they are handling the case, then we should too. If there isn’t a problem then why create one?

Has it been factually established as to who is actually the last person to see Mollie alive?

I've seen conflicting reports of neighbor(s) seeing her on her "jog" but don't know if it's just rumor.
LE seems to be confident in their timeline. So they must know who saw Mollie last, even if that information isn't being made public.

With respect to WC, it may not be that they think he is involved, but that someone with whom he is associated/connected could have information or be involved. That way, kill two birds with one stone - see if WC can give you any information (someone’s whereabouts, etc.) while simultaneously monitoring person X to see how they behave knowing WC is the subject of focus.

I do believe Mollie was taken during her run.
DJ says he opened her snap at 10pm, but doesn't mention when it was received. He also said they had been chatting earlier, so this may have been a "cya later" type thing just before she headed out to run.
Mom says Mollie's running clothes are missing. Not that there in a heap on the floor, or in the wash, they're missing. Along with her earbuds and the armband and her cellphone.
As for the homework being done "late" on her comp. I'm not sure what LE mean by "late". Late for me would 9pm, late for them might mean 7pm.
Dogs were in basement, a place they're put when people are gone. Makes sense that she put them before heading out.
She was last seen on her run and not after, including not responding to texts from DJ or brother.
I don't think she ran by Dave Collums, he's clear he didn't see even after LE told him she ran by. Could be she had already been picked up by that point and was in a moving vehicle.
Someone said something about storm cellars, and I think that's a good idea to start checking out online. Sadly, most places didn't require permits for those things until the 70's. Old wells would be another place. The thing with most abductions is that the person has been preparing things for some time, then he waits for a suitable victim. He doesn't grab the victim and then decide what to and how to do it, he's already got it ready.

Both Vanessa

Except in the cases of Vanessa Marcotte and Katrina V, their bodies were quickly found on the trails they jogged. In this case, nothing has been found on the paths Mollie may have jogged.
That’ last true. But the fact that the victim was likely transported away from the area, does nothing to detract from the stranger theory.

Both Vanessa

Except in the cases of Vanessa Marcotte and Katrina V, their bodies were quickly found on the trails they jogged. In this case, nothing has been found on the paths Mollie may have jogged.
This is very true.

So, if we assume for now she disappeared with both her phone and her FitBit at least initially on her person, then wouldn't LE know (even though we don't) if, when, and roughly where she went from being on foot to being transported by vehicle and/or or separated from her devices?

No worries. However note that I don't think the Fitbit is always forcing GPS data to be transmitted, since it is so battery intensive and many times people don't care about tracking their exact route on a map. You have to manually enable and disable it when you start/stop an exercise.

I've used it a few times, it useful for certain things because it gives you a very exact idea about how far you've hiked, plus a map, your stride, etc. If MT had a regular running route, I'm not sure what value turning GPS on would have because you'd know the route was exactly x miles already.

RBBM

Mollie may have been challenging herself to run faster and farther. I go many of the same routes when I walk, and I will always turn my Garmin Forerunner on no matter what. I do this to keep track of how many days/week I go. Also, I like to see if my time has improved.

Here's another thought: what if there is someone else local, who is in Mollie's networks, who is unaccounted for right now? They very well may not be connected, but they just don't know where the person is? I.e. they could be on a trip to another state, but they could also be holed away in a tent in the local woods.

Is there any one who has been around lately who now isn't?

Where I live, we have an app called Nextdoor for neighbors and community to share information.
(in reply to TeaTime's post. Not sure why it didn't come through.)

Both Vanessa

Yes. Here I think it's possible the body was moved because it was on or near the home/land/business of the stranger that did it.

I agree that clearly they have a reason to have come to that property multiple times and its not his prior record (or we'd see them at the homes of the registered sex offenders too). However I guess I just don't see, if they already have some evidence he is involved, why not just make the arrest. He has to know he is being watched, so its not like they are waiting for him to lead them to the body. Why not arrest him and use the location of the body as a negotiating factor in the charges instead? I don't know, for some reason (probably just the lack of details in the case) I just am not convinced he's the guy, but of course I'll believe the evidence regardless!
I’m not convinced he’s the guy either. But perhaps they don’t have enough evidence to make an arrest, and they aren’t even sure if he’s the one responsible. Applying pressure might lead to a response that points them in one direction or another. That is of course, if that is what LE is trying to do here.

Wonder if most female runners would even notice a stalker? All the ones I see have on headphones and are often even trying to text...one woman (extremely skinny...I mean maybe 80 lbs ) goes along as if in a trance near my apt, many times a day. I have had a stalker...like most cases, an ex. I do think stranger stalkers are more rare, making for better TV plots.

Yes, a TOTALLY innocent person. For example, someone growing marijuana would likely not want LE to search their property, but searching it would likely yield nothing for Mollie's case. I remember following the Liberty German/Abigail Williams case in Delphi IN. Over a 100 LE were brought in and there were more arrests as a result of increased searches. When LE was questioned about whether or not this would hamper cooperation LE stated they can't turn their back on any violation.
Yep. Agreed. It'd be a person who is confident nothing can be discovered that would tie them to any charge. I could let LE search my house and property, for example. But I know otherwise good people who might have a pot stash or something that would prevent them from being as willing. That's fair.

So, if we assume for now she disappeared with both her phone and her FitBit at least initially on her person, then wouldn't LE know (even though we don't) if, when, and roughly where she went from being on foot to being transported by vehicle and/or or separated from her devices?
LE might know where the attack likely initiated. At some point though, those devices stopped transmitting. So they would have a starting point, a timeline up until that point, then nothing after that.

RBBM

Mollie may have been challenging herself to run faster and farther. I go many of the same routes when I walk, and I will always turn my Garmin Forerunner on no matter what. I do this to keep track of how many days/week I go. Also, I like to see if my time has improved.

Your time would be recorded anyway - the Fitbit automatically figures out when you are doing any kind of physical activity. So you'd know "I took 5000 steps and it took 40 minutes." What you miss out on by not using the GPS recording feature for a Fitbit is your location, elevation, and exact pace at any given time.

I've attached two examples, excluding the map. One is what you see on your dashboard when you tell your Fitbit you are going for a walk; the other is when it automatically detects this because you have been doing physical activity for more than a few minutes.

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    234.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    142.8 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online