Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another slim possibility is that she was hit by a drunk driver and her body is either in tall grass or a corn field making it hard to find...

Have they had search dogs in the area?

We had a similar accident happen here in SD, where a woman was running on a gravel road and got hit...
UPDATE: Suspect admits to drinking before fatal hit-and-run near Worthing
...possible...good idea
..but that means should would likely not have known/heard a car approaching
when I run or my daughters, I tell them to be aware and music not too loud so you can hear cars approaching
...I make dang sure I can hear cars approaching when I'm riding/running--I want to be able to see them so I can stay clear
...what are the chances:
she would not have been able to hear cars?
running where a car could hit her?
not able to get out of cars' path?
etc
your link seems to be at nighttime--low visibility--hard to judge distances for the walker/runner

Mollie:
She likes to go whenever the sun's not down," Jack told ABC News in a recent interview. "She knows Brooklyn extremely well, better than I do, and I’ve lived here my entire life."
The disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Sorry to butt in like this with an obvious question but I'm overloaded this morning. TIA
Am I correct in thinking that psychology was MT's declared major? And was her homework on the Roman Empire?
just wondering as this entire thing reads like an extremely fast-paced book, unfortunately of the non-fiction verity :(
Her family has said she’s a psychology major. Whether she filled out the official declaration paperwork or not isnt know. Some schools don’t have you do that until sophomore year. Some allow it from day one. A class on the Roman Empire is probably a general education requirement

After following the Jacob Wetterling case for several years, I am not going to put too much stock in LE focusing on this WC character without firm and convincing evidence.

Yes, they let the killer go even though he had the profile

I was thinking the same thing. Dan Rassier was interviewed, interrogated, suspected, harassed and accused for years because he lived right off the road from where Jacob was abducted. Who else would have been on that road late at night in small town Minnesota except for someone who lived there? It ruined his life as a music teacher, they dug up his farm, and he lost most of his friends. And............he had nothing to do with the disappearance and death of Jacob.
They let the real killer go even though he had the profile.

Dan got teacher of year at his school and he was town treasurer so not sure how much he lost

I don't find it unusual that WC refused to take a poly. What I find interesting is LE asked him to take one! And LE keeps going back. And searching over and over. I wish we knew if the tip that led to that area was electronic or not.

As we know likely may have occurred in past cases that LE, when they decide to focus on an individual because they "like" them for the crime, will relentlessly pursue despite stand-back-common-sense. I call it 'The butler did it!' syndrome.

Sometimes, statistics and odds are NOT in favor of who-dun-its.

Last edited:
Ahh Finally catching up here..sheesh 13 threads already !! Hard to keep track.
I started following as soon as she was reported missing but ended up having to have surgery so am just now up and moving around and able to stay awake long enough to read !!
I can't help but feel that WC reminds me a lot of R Logan in the Abbby and Libby case. RL was put through the ringer (local and SM) and I felt so bad for him.
I do, however, feel that LE is on that property for a solid reason and I understand their silence as to not give details out but it would be nice to know exactly what it is that keeps them going back there.
I will continue reading more of the Press release and news articles to see if anything jumps out at me now that my mind is clearer and no more pain.
Carry on you wonderful sleuthers !!!
Praying they find Mollie soon !! As a parent, I can only imagine the pain they are going through.

I think they want to speak to WC again because he seems like the obvious suspect. But maybe too obvious in my opinion.. like the person in a movie that they want you to believe did it but in actuality, had nothing to do with it. I have a feeling it’s someone she knew/was close to..I don’t know why, just something I’ve felt since I started following the case.
I agree. WC has priors that shine a bright light on him, and his affect triggers a great deal of suspicion. That said, I agree with your theory, and it’s been mine from the beginning. I think the Perp is someone her age, and a known to her. Amateur Speculation and opinion only.

This is so sad. News reports say they are searching ponds, fields, and from the air. If they can find her I suspect they will file charges. I feel so bad for her dad. They have such a beautiful father/daughter relationship. It must have been so special when she was his best man last month. I can only imagine how he is suffering.

Between the press conferences, the large reward for MT's safe return and the repeated message of "let Mollie go", it seems that LE has a very strong reason to believe that she may be held alive somewhere.

This, coupled with the repeated questioning of WC and asking him to take a polygraph would indicate that the authorities might suspect that either he or somebody he knows might be suspected of abducting her and holding her against her will.

What makes this all very muddy to me however is the repeated theme by Crime Stoppers, LE and even her own father of "somebody close to MT" possibly being responsible for her disappearance as there is zero evidence that WC was close to MT in any way.

Since the camp she works at is at a regional medical center, might there be cameras there that might be reviewed to see if anyone was loitering around the area where she worked? That person might have then followed her home.

Last edited:
bbm

Sorry to butt in like this with an obvious question but I'm overloaded this morning. TIA
Am I correct in thinking that psychology was MT's declared major? And was her homework on the Roman Empire?
just wondering as this entire thing reads like an extremely fast-paced book, unfortunately of the non-fiction verity :(

This will have been a book of pages replete with scribbling that morphs at random and whenever, drawing and leading a chaotic path of 18-way intersections and dead-ends, speculation and conjecture, hope and despair and... a need to go back twenty pages just to prove to one's self that you've not gone insane, that it's the story-line as provided and that you've chosen to enter the dark, dusty rabbit hole of mystery and puzzlement.

JMO I doubt she was hit by a car but also doubt one could hear cars while wearing headphones.

I fear that if this guy is soon cleared, more or less, that the only news going forward will relate to larger reward...whch seldom helps find anybody.

This case is basically impossible to discuss on this site due to the complete lack of factual information being released. I've got 3 different suspects/theories in mind but can't discuss them in any useful manner due to these restrictions.

So we are left with the same handful of speculations being repeated over and over, hundreds of times. "Hit by car", "Attacked by wild animal" ect. All of which make almost zero logical sense given even the little bit that is known.

The huge reward has got to draw someone out. It just has to. Otherwise I have to conclude that this is a true "unknown". Seriously. People need and want money. It reaches deep down to make them turn over every rock, look in every nook, every abandoned building, every boxcar, every trailer. Where is she???

On the one hand it seems like a genuine boneheaded move to leave evidence laying around on your property if in fact you had done something illegal. To me, that sounds more like someone being set up, intentionally.
On the other hand, WC being so overly "confident" that they (LE) wont find anything... sort of creeps me out.
Then on the other hand, the FBI are a lot smarter than me and know a lot more about this case than I do, and they're wanting to speak to WC yet again?

FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts

James Worley invited the FBI to search his property without a warrant saying he had nothing to do with it and they'd find nothing. Many times, serials are so arrogant they feel they're untouchable. Of course, he shooed them off once they got to close to the buried freezer where he put his victims.

Why do you say this?
Because it's absolutely true. I'm seeing a lot of mischaracterization here about the relationships between rural communities, and as a local to this area I'm telling you that's just not how it is. Brooklyn is four miles north then west from the I-80 exit at Hwy 21. WC lives between Guernsey and Deep River about 10 miles south of I-80 along Hwy 21. A fact of life living in these rural communities is that quite often we need to go to larger communities - Brooklyn is not one of those larger communities. And in fact, Brooklyn is primarily tied to Grinnell while rural people in WC's vicinity are dependent on Montezuma.

I seriously lived in this area for over 10 years without ever venturing into Brooklyn and that was only because a guy I work with lives there hosted our Fantasy Football draft. There's nothing there and no reason for WC to have any ties to that community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!