Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the age of the human at time of death. I just posted an article. I did a quick search and it could be easier and quicker than we think to determine the age of a human being by a visual inspection of their skeleton. As long as the pubic bone area is present.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. It sounded to me like the police made this determination though, and not an expert in this sort of thing. I would expect that if they found decomposed remains, or a skeleton, it would take some time for that call to be made.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I didn't understand why they would search WC's if they believed they might find something without a warrant. I think he may know information they are trying to get out of him or they are gathering more information to come back with a search warrant?

LE has plenty of time to keep an eye on WC if they think hes the perp. WC not going anywhere. LE won't rush to judgement. I wouldnt be surprised if LE has already put a GPS underneath his car like they did Goldenstate Killer and others. Watching WC every move like they did Scott Peterson. These seasoned detectives know what to look for when interviewing this is what they do and are trained for this guy is sending some red signals just like that netflix making of a murderer guy geeesh I can't even remember his name was it Steven? Sticking GPS on person of interest or suspects car to track is common these days

Was the body found along the interstate? If so then it could belong to someone missing from another state, but I agree it's hard to believe it's not her. Who else fitting Mollie's description has gone missing recently?

NamUs Search Results for Caucasian females missing, age 18-22 in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa:
Missouri: Desirea Ferris missing since 5/1/2017, age 18
Illinois: Alexis McDonald missing since 2/16/2018. age 18
Iowa: Mollie Tibbetts missing since 7/18/2018, age 20

This all happened so fast I didn't catch "mid-twenties" and just searched ages 18 - 22.

REVISED SEARCH age 18-27 adds the following:
Illinois: Cheyann L Klus missing since 12/1/2017, age 22 when missing, now 23

Last edited:
2 hours away sounds so close when you can go huge stretches out there and never even notice a change of landscape...2 hours seems so close to me. sigh. MOO

I have said it once and I will say it again: I believe she is alive. There is more reason than not to believe so. This one gives me hope compared to other cases.

Nevertheless, some family is getting closure now, and it's very sad.
How could that be? I just can't believe a 20 year old could voluntarily go missing and her family, those she lived with, local police, state police, FBI and all her friends don't have a clue. How far could she get in jogging outfit? What would she use for money? How would she travel? That's hard for me to accept. She would have to be Houdini.

While I still think it's a known acquaintance involved, I like the way you're exploring additional possibilities. It could also be a postal employee or package delivery person, a service person of some kind, who works in the area and has had an opportunity to observe or interact with Mollie, but lives elsewhere.

Unfortunately, it also has to be considered who might have the knowledge and means to impersonate someone in a position of authority. Sometimes LE or similar are impersonated with the hope that a potential abduction victim will be more trusting.

So question - on the link for missing persons, under incident type, there are three that stuck out to me: (1) Endangered/Physical; (2) Other adult missing; and (3) Involuntary Disappearance. Any idea why MT is listed as #2 "Other adult missing"?
I am not 100% but I think that might be the catch all category for people that don't fit into the other categories.

Horrible to think about but what if she was alive for some time after she disappeared.
It’s a plausible scenario, but in most cases of abduction that end in murder, especially sexually motivated ones, the victims are killed relatively quickly. I’m just playing the odds, but there are always exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298