Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about the timing and place of the abduction.

I was favoring an abduction after 10pm and before 7.30am, but I'm now changing my mind to before Mollie returned home from the jog.

In the house there are two powerful dogs who are likely to be protective of Mollie. Who would know the dogs would be in the basement right at the time Mollie is abducted? Yet it's very convenient for an attacker that the dogs were in the basement.

There's also been talk on here that it could be someone who knew Mollie's bf and his brother and fiancee were out of town. But if Mollie is taken while on the run no one needs to know that the house is otherwise empty of humans and that they'll have extra hours before Mollie is missed.

So this could point to someone with a lesser connection to Mollie and a lesser knowledge of what's happening in her life that week and that particular evening. It could still be a peripheral character in the town, or the local towns, and what I'm seeing in G maps of the roads suggests to me that is more likely than a complete outsider, but an abduction while still out on the run reduces so many 'problems' and 'coincidences'.

This explains the jogging clothing being the main outfit LE have mentioned in connection with Mollie. It explains why we don't really have any solid claim of someone having a text or snapchat 'conversation' with Mollie after 7.30pm. The snapchat sent to DJ could have been sent earlier, the suggestion that it was a 'goodnight' snap seems to have disappeared lately so if DJ thought Mollie was going on the jog at 7.30 and didn't even check for more messages from Mollie after that, she might have sent one more to him between 7.30 and 7.45pm that he didn't pick up until 10pm. This explains why Mollie didn't go to her mom's for dinner or even leftovers. The only thing it doesn't explain, that I can think of, is the part about Mollie returning and doing homework after the run, but the homework could have been an error or a fishing expedition by LE.

We don't know the time of the homework. I think it's plausible that she did it in the 'evening', not 'late evening'--and then went out for a run--aiming toward a late dinner at her mother's.

In our daily routine we encounter people from many walks of life. I inevitably meet someone who creeps me out.

I truly believe that the opportunist or the stalker is adept at observing a potential flaw in our attention spans or our very predictable routines rouses their deviant urges to go into overdrive.

I also believe there was a close acquaintance or a local who on occasion attempted to engage her in private conversation but she knew they were scary creepy. Again in the Holly Bobo case her abductor Zac was an early candidate to be interviewed by LE but sadly it took much longer for him finally to be brought to justice.

I hope by interviewing family & friends then respectfully reading her social media that it offers up some names.

I have no POI at this time just the strong belief that it was a local or a acquaintance who is responsible.

If this person has indeed not been mentioned to LE it is because the person holding the perps secret is in denial and will not come forward.

Just My Opinion

Nothing unusual happened, except for the hardware store being vandalized that evening. Other than that... it was pretty quiet.

In my book, if a small town like the one I was raised in or the one I live in now, has both a break in at a local store and a person disappearing in the same night...then there's nothing usual about it.

Usually when you look at the crime reports for small towns, even break ins are few and far between. I am sure police are looking for a connection. Like could someone have been stealing tools useful for restraining another person...or for cleaning up a mess. I hope that's not the case and it's just a major coincidence though.

TR, I wish I could "Like" this post (and Safeguard's original post) 100 times! I'm frankly horrified by the nature and degree of personal info I see my friends and family posting to their SM...especially the amount and type of highly personal information they put out there about their CHILDREN, HELLO. It is deeply troubling to me that our society does not seem to place any value whatsoever on privacy. Seems like there are no boundaries anywhere and danger all around.

Agreed. Everything you post can be scrutinized and analyzed, for any purpose. Posting photos while on vacation? Nobody is home, you can be robbed. That's just an obvious example but look at how much we think we know MT from looking at her SM pages, and you can apply that to anyone.

aafattoreNew Member
New
There was a post a few days ago, the day of the last hog farm search. The poster said he/she was part of that last search and mentioned that the findings, if any, would be discussed at the press conference yesterday. Wondering if that person has posted again since....

I copied this post from the last thread because it was closed before I could respond. I believe the poster (who is in the process of becoming a VI) said they would share more IF more information was shared during the PC. They posted after the PC and basically said they are following LE’s lead and would not release more information.

I also remember reading somewhere along the way that they used fire fighters and emts for the searches that day, which further indicates to me that LE was trying to keep control of whatever information came out of the searches.

While I wish LE would share more information, I respect that folks on the periphery follow their lead. And I always love having a VI on a case.

What I find most interesting is WHERE LE was searching. As I posted before, it's in the opposite direction of Mollie's running routes. IMHO, they are on to something. I would bet you lunch that they have some GPS info from Mollie's cell phone and Fitbit and the FBI techies have closely approximated the phone's last location. I wonder if they have recovered it. All MOO.

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

To PNW-10 ~
Smartarse - lol!

So far behind - supposedly, her brother dropped her off at DJ's at 5:30 p.m. on the 18th.
The neighbor saw her jogging at around 7:30 p.m.
What was she doing during the time prior to her jog?
Probs feeding the dogs, letting the dogs out to do their business, maybe a snack and doing some homework.
After putting the dogs back in the basement, she may have left her computer on/open so when she returned from her jog, she could resume working on her paper.
It seems she never returned to the house.

Another thing I've wondered about is what if she sent the Snapchat to DJ around 5:30ish when she got to his house, as if to say, I'm here now taking care of the dogs. Just because he didn't open it until 10:00 p.m. doesn't mean it wasn't sent much earlier in the day.
Also, what if the location indicator was on due to the nature of the Snap (at your house now). Does this make any sense to Snap users?
If she did send it for that reason, it seems it was lost on him since he didn't pay much attention to the communication either at the time it was sent or later.

My apologies if the above points have already been discussed as I'm way behind.

Last edited:
Plenty of unsolved cases began with weeks or months (years in some cases) of LE being cryptic and “secretive”...and led nowhere. I’ve spent years here bemoaning the handling of missing persons cases, as LE tends to stays closed mouth far too long, imo...then asks for help later when memories are long gone. There is no way to tell what is going on here.

So true! LE is not perfect; they make mistakes too (and have). I'm not trying to give LE a bad rap, but let's be honest...it happens. I'm hoping that in Mollie's case they are truly doing what's best. I know they are working around-the-clock to find her.

Nothing unusual happened, except for the hardware store being vandalized that evening. Other than that... it was pretty quiet.

I wish we knew more about this. Was the store broken into...or was the vandalism merely exterior. Was anything taken, was there surveillance video? have they charged anyone with this crime? The lack of information about this makes me suspicious. I really wonder if our local insider can get us any information on this. Also this would be a great question to ask LE about in the next presser.

TR, I wish I could "Like" this post (and Safeguard's original post) 100 times! I'm frankly horrified by the nature and degree of personal info I see my friends and family posting to their SM...especially the amount and type of highly personal information they put out there about their CHILDREN, HELLO. It is deeply troubling to me that our society does not seem to place any value whatsoever on privacy. Seems like there are no boundaries anywhere and danger all around.
One additional thought, as someone who worked with high school students for many years, is that many teens have more than one social media account on the same platform (for ex, two FB accounts). Meaning, sometimes there is one they use to be friends with their parents or other adults etc., and then there's a less public one (under their first and middle name instead of their last, for ex) where they interact with friends or sometimes use inappropriate language or talk about things their parents would disapprove of. Mollie doesn't strike me as someone who is living two lives, but there is a possibility she has alternative social media accounts out there that are listed under different variations of her name or nicknames. If there is, I would call on any of her friends who know about them to make sure they've been discovered and analyzed by LE.

Ahh. Thank you for reminding us about that, incredibly intriguing detail indeed.

I'm sure it's been discussed but did the hardware store have cameras and any idea of what was taken, if anything, from the store? Do we know a time it was vandalized? Curious that it happened during this very time!

A couple more details I don't think I've seen in the threads yet in this article:

FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
An FBI agent was seen by Fox News arriving and speaking to WC for about five to 10 minutes Friday afternoon.

<snipped>

Cheney also said that that law enforcement asked him Thursday to take a polygraph test and he refused.

He said the FBI agent told him he would return Sunday for more questioning.

ETA: I left the names in because it's a direct quote from the article, but I'm not sure if they should be changed to initials per thread guidance?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are extremely interested in WC. I suspect either fitbit or cell data puts her near his property.

Or like in the Delphi situation, something was found on or near his property (possibly dumped there by someone else] and they're trying to determine if someone he knows or someone in his family/circles is connected to it. Or whether he saw anything suspicious.

Originally I though MT had been taken from the boyfriend’s home and this was based on the inaccurate information that she’d done her homework after the run, the red shirt and the Snapchat pic being sent at 10pm.

Now that I know the Snapchat was seen at 10pm and the time sent is unknown, the red shirt seems like it wasn’t hers and that no one confirmed she did her homework after the run I think that MT was taken while out on her run based on the following facts:

- The dogs were found locked in the basement.
- Mollie’s Fitbit, earbuds and armband were not located in the house and LE think she was wearing shorts and a sports bra which also haven’t been located.
- She never arrived at her mother’s house for dinner.
- The house has not been blocked off as a potential crime scene.
- The boyfriend was cleared as a suspect.

I think one of the following two scenarios are likely:

A.) A stranger saw Mollie out on her jog and took her. Mollie is a beautiful girl wearing a sports bra and shorts and a predator would have noticed her. She likely ran along the highway where she could have been spotted by anyone driving by and they could have followed her until she got to a more remote location.

B. Someone Molly knew, perhaps at work or school knew she’d be alone and came after her. But I wonder why they’d need her to be alone if they were planning to take her on a jog? It sounds like she jogged regularly and I’m not sure why now.

Im leaning towards A even though I know it is more rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!