Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 2003 study, but I've read this general pattern still holds true. If so, it suggests in 76% of known cases, people are kidnapped by someone they know (family or acquaintance) and in 24%, it's random/stranger.

This (in addition to no signs of struggle, as of yet) leads me to lean toward known acquaintance.

"Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent); kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent); and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent)."

Thursday Edition: Kidnapping Facts

I checked, and as I suspected, the vast majority of family kidnappings were parents stealing their own young children--custody cases and such. I wouldn't be surprised if almost all the rest of family kidnappings were estranged husbands kidnapping their wives.

So, going by the stats, we'd have a slightly more than 50% chance of her being abducted by an acquaintance, and slightly less than 50% chance of it being a stranger.

A couple more details I don't think I've seen in the threads yet in this article:
FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
ETA: I left the names in because it's a direct quote from the article, but I'm not sure if they should be changed to initials per thread guidance?

Cheney also said that that law enforcement asked him Thursday to take a polygraph test and he refused.

He said the FBI agent told him he would return Sunday for more questioning.

BBM. As a Brit I have little faith in polygraph tests. They're a tool but not infallible and can be easily beaten. However, I raise my eyebrows at this latest nugget!

I think that is a really interesting tidbit of information. First, it's interesting that he is *seeming* to be so candid with reporters. Second, that they would give him a heads up two days in advance of when they'll be talking to him again. Curious...
Makes you think they have him under surveillance looking for him to make a move.

Cheney said of Tibbetts he had “no idea who she was” and said he suspects “some guy has her.”

Cheney also said that that law enforcement asked him Thursday to take a polygraph test and he refused.

He said the FBI agent told him he would return Sunday for more questioning.

Cheney is the pig farmer who told Fox News earlier that FBI investigators arrived at his home July 26 and asked to search his property without a warrant.

You should always refuse a polygraph because they're junk science, but the fact that they've spent this much time focused on him and his property is significant. And coming back to question him again on Sunday..

I wonder if they might have him under surveillance too.

Originally I though MT had been taken from the boyfriend’s home and this was based on the inaccurate information that she’d done her homework after the run, the red shirt and the Snapchat pic being sent at 10pm.

Now that I know the Snapchat was seen at 10pm and the time sent is unknown, the red shirt seems like it wasn’t hers and that no one confirmed she did her homework after the run I think that MT was taken while out on her run based on the following facts:

- The dogs were found locked in the basement.
- Mollie’s Fitbit, earbuds and armband were not located in the house and LE think she was wearing shorts and a sports bra which also haven’t been located.
- She never arrived at her mother’s house for dinner.
- The house has not been blocked off as a potential crime scene.
- The boyfriend was cleared as a suspect.

I think one of the following two scenarios are likely:

A.) A stranger saw Mollie out on her jog and took her. Mollie is a beautiful girl wearing a sports bra and shorts and a predator would have noticed her. She likely ran along the highway where she could have been spotted by anyone driving by and they could have followed her until she got to a more remote location.

B. Someone Molly knew, perhaps at work or school knew she’d be alone and came after her. But I wonder why they’d need her to be alone if they were planning to take her on a jog? It sounds like she jogged regularly and I’m not sure why now.

Im leaning towards A even though I know it is more rare.

I'm leaning like the Tower of Pisa towards your Scenario A, too, JenM.

The fact that the FBI agent told WC he'd be back for more questioning on Sunday seems to show they are really putting the heat on him.

I do think they have significant interest in him or his property...if they are even asking him to take a polygraph. Unless they have asked all neighbors in the area to take one and he's just the only one talking to reporters about it. :)

And I wonder whether they told him they'd be back on Sunday to talk to him, primarily, or to further search. Could they just be hoping that if they leave his property and promise not to come back for 24 hours that they'll be able to watch him and catch him doing something that will lend more light to this case?

The fact that the FBI agent told WC he'd be back for more questioning on Sunday seems to show they are really putting the heat on him.

If the authorities believed that she was being held alive by somebody I don't think they'd be questioning/putting heat on that POI at all for fear of him/her doing something drastic to rid themselves of evidence.

My belief is that they think WC might know somebody who'd be comfortable using his property to dispose of evidence and are hoping he might point them in the right direction.

Ahh. Thank you for reminding us about that, incredibly intriguing detail indeed.
Hmm. Meaning 1) She witnessed it and got into trouble. 2) Someone needed something before or after abducting her. 3) Local kids causing trouble. Interesting timing for sure.

The pig farmer plead guilty to two stalking cases, one in 2009 and one in 2014.
Yep. Do we know anything about those cases? Like how he was connected to the victim...and whether it was the same person or different ones? And what behaviors he showed that made them uncomfortable and led to him being guilty?

I have little faith in the polygraph. I realize it can be an effective tool but it can also be a crutch and it can also be fooled. I also think, given the interview I fianally saw with WC, he is far too twitchy and squirrelly; I thought either he needs meds he's not on, or he needs an adjustment. He's also a most convenient target, no? Your local neighborhood creepy guy.
MOO

We don't know the time of the homework. I think it's plausible that she did it in the 'evening', not 'late evening'--and then went out for a run--aiming toward a late dinner at her mother's.

Another thing to remember, Mollie came home from work at 5:30 pm that day. She didn't run until around 7:30 pm, a good 2 hours later. What was she doing in that 2 hour time frame?

Finishing her homework would make a lot of sense.

Idk about y'all but I would probably prefer to do homework before going on a big run. Go for the run to relieve the stress of said homework then reward myself with dinner at mom's house to end the day.

Still, no idea when/where she disappeared. The Snapchat throws me into a loop.

If Mollie sent it to the boyfriend before 7:30 pm, that means he waited at least 2.5 hours (at 10 pm) to open it, and I just have a hard time believing a 20-something year old male with a gf of 3 years would ignore his cell for that long. It's possible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!