Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm a bit skeptical about the Fitbit at this point.
Right. Like I sort of wish no one had mentioned it to the media, because it may have alerted a perp to remove it or dispose of it. Or, they could even theoretically put it on their own arm and walk around occasionally indoors just to throw things off.

LE had to show probable cause to get the judge to sign off on search warrants. Does anyone know if any of the search warrant affidavits for the searches LE agencies have done to date r/t MT's disappearance are public record, or were they sealed?

Another thing to remember, Mollie came home from work at 5:30 pm that day. She didn't run until around 7:30 pm, a good 2 hours later. What was she doing in that 2 hour time frame?

Finishing her homework would make a lot of sense.

Idk about y'all but I would probably prefer to do homework before going on a big run. Go for the run to relieve the stress of said homework then reward myself with dinner at mom's house to end the day.

Still, no idea when/where she disappeared. The Snapchat throws me into a loop.

If Mollie sent it to the boyfriend before 7:30 pm, that means he waited at least 2.5 hours (at 10 pm) to open it, and I just have a hard time believing a 20-something year old male with a gf of 3 years would ignore his cell for that long. It's possible though.

I keep seeing the time 9:45 pm being batted around (not in context of the snapchat I don't think). Maybe that's when he saw it. Or maybe the boyfriend fell asleep or was engrossed in a movie or something and didn't see the text.

Yep. Do we know anything about those cases? Like how he was connected to the victim...and whether it was the same person or different ones? And what behaviors he showed that made them uncomfortable and led to him being guilty?
I believe this is outside the realm of what we are allowed to discuss here.

It closed at midnight, the call to police was at 12:35am.
Yes, this! It is in the call logs that the Poweshiek County Sheriff posts on their Facebook page.

Molly looks like her personality is so sweet, infectious and warm and her dad reiterated this. I often wonder about how women react in these life threatening situations. I wonder if they are capable of reversing the perps intentions by humanizing the situation. I have to believe this about this beautiful young lady. I would think someone could easily fall in love with her (as BF said who wouldn’t love “someone like her”) Everyone please pray right now, HARD that she is working hard to stay alive and get home with her beautiful heart and soul. And I pray if she is alive, he takes the money and let’s her go home....

The pig farm is 15 miles from Brooklyn, correct? Cheney is a convicted stalker? What brought LE to the pig farm? Was it her fit bit? Her phone?

Seems he has been cooperative, he gave them his phone, let them search his property without a warrant and went in to the fire house for 2 hours of questioning.

I don't blame him for not wanting to take a polygraph. There is nothing for him to gain in it, they won't stop bugging him if he passes or fails. He is like the farmer in Abby and Libby's murders, his house is close to where they think some evidence may be.

Right. Like I sort of wish no one had mentioned it to the media, because it may have alerted a perp to remove it or dispose of it. Or, they could even theoretically put it on their own arm and walk around occasionally indoors just to throw things off.

That's not the reason.

OK, say the Fitbit was on and asking the GPS coordinates be sent to the server. Then the police would have specific GPS coordinates, which are pretty accurate (a few meters.) They'd have a farm or hogpen or whatever to search, at least they'd know the last known location of when her Fitbit asked her phone to send data to the cloud. There are lots of reasons - Fitbit was dumped, phone was dumped, everything was dumped, phone turned off, there may or may not be evidence but you'd still have a location.

Why search multiple pig farms?

Didn't I read where they also served a warrant on the pig farmer? If so, his letting them voluntarily search his property prior was fruitful enough to obtain said warrant, and/or they have OTHER direct evidence potentially linking him to a crime.

Search warrants require a pretty high burden.

JMO.

They could also be grasping at straws; they may have zip, except for one guy with a few stalking convictions and that is the only thing they have.

Very true. What a depressing thought.

He's been through the system more then a few times on serious charges so I wonder if he won't lawyer up shortly, at which point LE will kind of have to show their hand.

The pig farm is 15 miles from Brooklyn, correct? Cheney is a convicted stalker? What brought LE to the pig farm? Was it her fit bit? Her phone?

Seems he has been cooperative, he gave them his phone, let them search his property without a warrant and went in to the fire house for 2 hours of questioning.

I don't blame him for not wanting to take a polygraph. There is nothing for him to gain in it, they won't stop bugging him if he passes or fails. He is like the farmer in Abby and Libby's murders, his house is close to where they think some evidence may be.
All good points. Not wanting to take a polygraph, especially for a guy who is familiar with law enforcement (with his previous cases), isn't a big deal.

Didn't I read where they also served a warrant on the pig farmer? If so, his letting them voluntarily search his property prior was fruitful enough to obtain said warrant, and/or they have OTHER direct evidence likely linking him to a crime.

Search warrants require a pretty high burden.

JMO.

I don't think they had a warrant, they wanted to search the pig area without a warrant. Which became a search of his house and a confiscation of his phone overnight because he agreed to a search.

Big surprise he doesn't want to "just come in for a polygraph."

Just a thought - to all those who think she disappeared post-run but when she was potentially walking to her mom’s to get the car - something just sticks out to me. Didn’t she leave her keys at her bf’s house? In my experience, I would have a car key on my main key chain. Especially if the car was being shared, each person would have a copy on their keychain, reduces the risk of losing the only set, etc.

LE had to show probable cause to get the judge to sign off on search warrants. Does anyone know if any of the search warrant affidavits for the searches LE agencies have done to date r/t MT's disappearance are public record, or were they sealed?
With an ongoing case like this, they would be sealed. We'd know about it if the media had this information.

I agree that it is curious that LE has had so much contact with this guy. To tell him that we're going to be talking to him again, and tell him when, definitely seems like they are turning the screws. This type of thing would rattle most people, especially people who have potentially been involved in a (serious) crime. Perhaps they are hoping that if he is in fact involved, he will respond with an overt act that will aid in the investigation (dump evidence, return to crime scene, etc.). If this is the case, then he is almost certainly being surveilled.

Given their level of interest in him/his property, I would be shocked if LE didn't have WC under 24-7 surveillance right now. That could explain why they haven't issued warnings of danger to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!