Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't heard much specific about search locations from the original searches with a ton of people in the early days and some later rumors and of course the pig farm/ Highway 21 searches. However, I imagine there was a lot of searching in those first few hours and days along that route, but it would be hard to know what you could find given the bad weather. Probably not a lot, unfortunately, with all the wind and rain.

I don't think this falls into rumor, just speculation, but in one of the early threads someone Google Mapped the route from her house to her mom's and we noticed that the route showed traffic right in front of the high school. I'll see if I can go back and find that. We speculated it might have been searches but I can't remember if any locals weighed in on that.

I don't think we ever got confirmation on why exactly there was traffic in ft of HS. There was some speculation that it was LE but others said it was media. I do recall someone local saying they believed there was CCTV on HS property.

Interesting you say this. I was wondering about the Bluetooth connection, and I see it can be tied to a MAC address.

One way or another, they should be able to do some tracking of her Fitbit.

MAC addresses are not the same. They're tied to the device itself and don't change. IP addresses are for routing data and do change. To give an example: the MAC address of your laptop will be the same no matter where you are, but the IP will be different depending on whether you are at home, at Starbucks, etc.

The fact that the FBI agent told WC he'd be back for more questioning on Sunday seems to show they are really putting the heat on him.

JMO but I think they are putting the heat on him because they are taking heat for being without an arrest up to this point with the mass media and now international attention. I actually feel for the guy, he seems to be their scapegoat at this point, if they couldn't get enough to detain him after he willingly let them search and document his home, sat through two hours of questioning, and had his phone overnight than a polygraph makes him no more guilty than he was before.

Been thinking about what she was wearing when she was last seen. Or as far as we know because that dang red shirt is still floating around as a possibility. It was quite warm that day and although she was a seasoned runner, wouldn't she still be kind of sweaty after a run? She ran at that time in the evening because it was cooler, but it was still plenty warm and I would guess she would probably want a quick shower ASAP. So if her running clothes aren't accounted for it would be fair to think that is what she last seen in/when it happened.

Then I think of my 15 year old daughter. I think I know all of the clothes she has, but do I know them all to the point I would realize if something was or wasn't there? Especially if said daughter was missing?

When she was first quoted as saying that, my ears perked up as well because it definitely seems to fit more in line with the fact that she was expecting her for dinner and she never showed. Did she give it a few hours and then swing by the house and when Mollie wasn't there she called LE sometime in the night but she didn't call DJ because she knew he was out of town? Is this a detail that is purposely being withheld by LE for when they have a suspect detained...hmm.

The 18th as the reporting date is interesting. I don't know what the reporting rules for missing persons is in Iowa (will check and report back) but in my state its 24 hrs before you can fill out a report. Maybe this is a small town and so they took the report sooner rather than waiting.

Weird they keep going back to the pig farm. Look what a special agent said July 27:

"They also searched a pig farm several times near Guernsey, Iowa, about 10 miles south of Brooklyn. Richard Rahn, special agent in charge of the Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation, told ABC News it's "not uncommon" to go back to a site and conduct additional searches as tips come in.

Rahn declined to reveal what clues, if any, investigators may have found at the pig farm. But he said one thing is for certain -- Tibbetts isn't there.

"I can tell you she's not there
. Aside from that, I'm not sure what I'm able to release, but she's certainly not there," Rahn said in an interview July 27.

The disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

This is mere coincidence. But when did that big bike ride take place- the one shortly after Mollie’s disappearance? When Jake went missing there was some other annual biking event. Do we know what that event was? I wonder if anyone rode both these events. It’s not related... but I just thought of it and couldn’t not post the observation...

Maybe those who are leaning more towards the “known” suspect camp can help me out here. I have no idea what happened (clearly) and am torn when thinking through all of the possible scenarios. However, what I can’t work out is why the stranger angle is being so discounted. Specifically, this reminded me of the jogger in Princeton, MA who was attacked and killed. Although Princeton is larger than Brooklyn (~3k), it’s by no means a “large” town (at least imo). Could the same thing not have happened? Just curious on why the consensus across these threads seems to be leaning more towards known assailant/suspect.

I still think it's a known acquaintance, and possibly then--if tech signals lead there--it could be someone in some way connected to WC or his social circles or the farming operations.

But I suppose in the unlikely case it's more of a professional criminal, they could've intentionally dumped the fit bit and phone on the property of someone they knew had a record of some kind. That seems improbable though.

But since LE took his phone and analyzed its content, they may now have additional data about his whereabouts over the past few days.

Polygraphs may be worthless, but denied polygraphs are golden.

Not even admissible in court in most states. A denied polygraph tell you nothing, cause it could be his Lawyer told him not to cooperate (although he doesn't seem like he lawyered up), or it is a pain, or the person is paranoid, or weird.

Or he could be guilty, but I would put no stock it anything like that.

I believe I read in an article that the bartender/owner who closed up the bar on the night of the 18th noted that the store had been vandalized when she left the bar that evening. Is there a way to find out what time the bar closes? Most close at 2 am but I hate to make assumptions.

2 a.m. is correct. Front Street Tap. The town's only bar, aka "The Bar with No Stools."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!