Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have been told that WC gave permission for a search without a warrant. Would anything they find without a search warrant be allowed in a trial? I read an article stating that
FBI served a search warrant to go in the house Mollie was staying when she disappeared. I'm not bringing this up to go down the rabbit hole of suspicion against those who live in the home. I'm wondering if those with more knowledge about search warrants can explain if they would need one if the owners gave consent in the event that a crime occurred in the home for trial purposes? Basically, was having to serve a search warrant to search the home a way to cover their bases in the event they find something of evidentiary value?
Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

LE can use evidence not found under the search warrant if it falls under certain categories, such as the plain view exception (ex. police do not have a warrant to search someones house, but plainly see someone being shot through a window). And yes, to your second question, it probably was. Though why they needed a search warrant when I would assume they already have consent, I do not know.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. WC ends up much wealthier in the near future. My guess is that they are grilling him hard, not because they suspect that he committed a crime but because they suspect that he may know who did.

Could be totally off base of course since this is all just complete speculation as we await more detail on the case.
I got this vibe too. His comment to Fox along the lines of '...some guy grabbed her...' has haunted me. Not sure why anyone would say such a thing to press. It almost seemed like he was taunting. Have other thoughts on this but probably outside of TOS.

If this is not okay, please take it down.

So, I was looking at the one on the 18th fand someone did call law enforcement to report something suspicious at 7:41 pm. (19:41). When I checked the address online, it looks like it's in Montezuma, right by a body of water that is next to a park/wooded area. I thought this was interesting. It would have still been daylight at this time, so I wonder what would make someone suspicious. It's really just something that stuck out to me and something that I wonder if it will turn out to be significant. Most likely not though.

Here are screenshots of the call log and the map where I believe the address to be in relation to Brooklyn.

That is incredibly odd because of the “reported” (which I understand is unreliable) timing of the possible run! Thanks for bringing it up!

I got this vibe too. His comment to Fox along the lines of '...some guy grabbed her...' has haunted me. Not sure why anyone would say such a thing to press. It almost seemed like he was taunting. Have other thoughts on this but probably outside of TOS.

I guess I had a different take on this -- Imagine you are an innocent man with a couple of shady incidents (stalking) in your past which has caused the media to decide that you must have done it. They are hounding you relentlessly asking you to prove that you did it and if you did not do it, who did. The media, like a dog with a bone, is not going to stop chewing on that bone until something better appears in their line of sight. I just figured that he got frustrated and just said something like 'I didn't do it, some guy [probably] grabbed her.' (Which makes sense since the media, not the police, have decided that she was taken during her run.)

That moment when you have a theory but can't find anything on MSM to back it up, arrghhhh!

When the FBI said they were "getting to know Mollie" I think that was more important than I initially gave it credit. Knowing Mollie better would help answer the following question:

Q. Mollie is out running. A car pulls up beside her & the occupant(s) offers her a lift. Would she get in the car if:
(a) She knew the person well
(b) Barely knew the person, but recognised them
(c) Had no idea who the occupant was
(d) The occupant was an official of some description (which often instills a feeling of safety)

I'd love to know the answer to the above so I can squash a theory I am trying to ignore.

I was thinking what if a car pulled up next to her and the perp had a gun or a stun gun (like the Dugard case) and incapacitated her somehow.

My thoughts go in so many directions here...

Regarding the FitBit. I wonder what model it was. I have one of the original/less expensive ones where you can pull the piece out of the wrist band to charge it. If she had one like that, and the piece that does all the recording/monitoring was separated and tossed it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack..it’s so small.

And I believe I read something like this in an earlier post. When LE said they were trying to “get to know Mollie”...I wonder if she was tricked...someone asked her for help. Like a friend or an aquantance saying that “a friend was really down and contemplating suicide” etc etc “can you please come with me to help him/her” and she willingly goes to “help” this person (being her personality seems to be one who is willing to help others), and then finds herself in a bad situation when this person turns on her? Or could it have been the perp themself saying they were going to harm themselves and Mollie willingly jumped at the chance to try and help, then realizes she was duped.

The huge reward has got to draw someone out. It just has to. Otherwise I have to conclude that this is a true "unknown". Seriously. People need and want money. It reaches deep down to make them turn over every rock, look in every nook, every abandoned building, every boxcar, every trailer. Where is she???

The reward in Abby and Libby's case is just as large and has not succeeded in discovering their killer. Money isn't always the answer to everything.

While the media is presenting Cheney as the prime suspect, the FBI's actions do not support this since the FBI generally spends more time than it takes to grill a burger when they grill a key suspect...

MSM doesn’t have a choice here. There’s a public demand for news/stories about MT but LE is keeping everything so tight lipped they don’t have anything else to go report. So they write stories with misleading headlines like “CONVICTED STALKER INTERVIEWED BY POLICE IN TIBBETS CASE”.

Even though there is currently no concrete connection between WE and the disappearance, articles are written that way to infer that and thus induce general public who doesn’t follow the case or know better to click thinking they will be reading a juicy scoop that breaks the case open.

This is just hearsay, but the word out about is that it had been struck by lightning and was waiting to be fixed.
Possible, yes. But this is a new building so most likely had all the bells and whistles for the local conditions including lightening/tornados and whatever natural disasters strike in this region as this company is very impt to the area. Outside lights seem to be working just fine on the building according to some recent pictures in the press. Why were the cameras only knocked out? Maybe they were waiting for the security company to fix the cameras? Just another question in a long line of questions. I am not sure of the zoning in the town, but to have a commerical building smack in the middle of a street of what looks to be all houses (you can zoom down the entire street on google maps and get a sense of area quite clearly) is something that I wondered whether it was strange compared to the rest of Brooklyn. Maybe the BF brothers house was zoned commerical and that is why the business was located at that address? Just more questions to add to the long long list.

MSM doesn’t have a choice here.

That's bull. The MSM has a choice. If there's nothing to report on, there's nothing to report on. That they choose to make up "suspects" (which have they have done repeatedly, in many cases) is their choice, and apparently the successful lawsuits against them for demonizing Jewell, etc. have not taught them anything.

Possible, yes. But this is a new building so most likely had all the bells and whistles for the local conditions including lightening/tornados and whatever natural disasters strike in this region as this company is very impt to the area. Outside lights seem to be working just fine on the building according to some recent pictures in the press. Why were the cameras only knocked out? Maybe they were waiting for the security company to fix the cameras? Just another question in a long line of questions. I am not sure of the zoning in the town, but to have a commerical building smack in the middle of a street of what looks to be all houses (you can zoom down the entire street on google maps and get a sense of area quite clearly) is something that I wondered whether it was strange compared to the rest of Brooklyn. Maybe the BF brothers house was zoned commerical and that is why the business was located at that address? Just more questions to add to the long long list.

I have been wondering this too re the cameras. I know *nothing* about tech (can’t even get my new iPhone to sync with iCloud, but in my defense, the guy at the Genius Bar couldn’t either) but would the camera thing be under an “IT” purview?

(Edited to fix spelling of a word.)

Last edited:
Correct. Fail the polygraph = you are guilty, pass the polygraph = you are guilty and can manipulate the polygraph. That is why lawyers recommend their clients not take them.

Exactly and is why I would never voluntarily take one ever. They are not reliable. Period.

And also for other reasons like has been said numerous times that LE will sometimes lie to a suspect during interrogation. So you cant even trust LE with telling you accurate results of the test they are giving you.
You may have passed it with flying colors and they could lie to you and tell you that you failed.

And if there is a leak to the news media (also known to happen) of lied about test results then you could have your life ruined by lied about test results.

Nope. No way would I ever voluntarily take one no matter how innocent I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca