Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I being punked? I'm sure I'm being punked...

I lol'ed. Thanks for the laugh.

This forum is getting beyond ridiculous. Lord please rain down upon us with some new information soon. I can't take another question about an Iphone or a Fitbit. Or a cougar. Or a cornfield. Or a car accident. Or a sports bra. Or dog poop.
I can only image how LE feels, fielding all sorts of calls from the absurd to the just plain outrageous. Now that the reward is over $300K, they must be getting hundreds of tips. I agree that it would be great to get something new to go on.

I'm not assuming anything at all. I only brought forward that in July there were two abduction attempts with the same description of vehicle and perp. THEN today we learn there was a report of a suspicious black SUV driving in Mollie's neighborhood. That's all. I try to stay fact based. :cool:
My post was in response to Stormy21.

LE likely wouldn't do multiple searches on the property of someone who is giving information about someone else.

JMO

Unless the person they are obtaining info on is a friend or family member who has access to the property. Not saying that is the case in this situation JMO.

This is IOWA. Big appetites, hearty meals, lots of hard work with your hands. People who work from the shoulders down. 300lbs would not stick out in a crowd. God bless Iowa!
If “working hard from the shoulders down” gets you a 300 pound body, I’m skipping my morning run tomorrow and replacing it with tongue twirls. :)

Since people seem incredulous that the FBI would talk to a witness more than once, here's a data point: I, personally, have sat through multiple 12-hour FBI interviews with a witness who was not only formally cleared, but given immunity for the testimony. I'm sure if busybodies were watching who walked into the office over those weeks, they would have posted about this completely innocent person's guilt. But it was just someone who happened to know a lot about the subject matter and the company. So unless LE comes out and names someone a POI or a suspect, they could just be a helpful witness.

Just checking in. Why are we talking about black SUV's, 300lb men, traveling along I-80? Any local around tonight? Was LE searching today?
LE did speak to WC for a few minutes today. A woman in the neighborhood of Mollie's boyfriends brothers house said she saw a black SUV circling around the night she went missing, between 11:30pm-1am (not sure if the car was circling that whole time, or that was around the time she noticed). The 300 lb man refers to a report of a man in a dark SUV who chased a young girl. Can't help with the I-80 part, though, I got slightly lost on that part.

How about the passport, for her upcoming trip?
Wondering if she had a new photo taken for this passport; if so, where it was taken; and where she went to pick up the passport.
I wondered this. getting a passport photo could draw attention to being gone and when the cars weren't in the drive it could have been assumed was gone for vacation and broke in with no intent of anyone being there to abduct.

It isn't clear they are doing those searches on his property at all. It is known that the searches on Friday were more than a mile away, as just one example. We also know that the previous week they searched a different hog farm. And I will point out, he doesn't own a hog farm. The hog place adjacent to his property is what is known as a hog finishing plant. It is owned by a company that owns 100 such hog finishing plants in Iowa. Why the media wants to keep referring to his property as a hog farm or even him as a hog farmer is beyond me.

Lol I know why the media is doing it, and I think you do, too. But yeah, I agree with the point you're making here.

Possible that the person in that vehicle may have been "casing" houses for burglary.

There were no vehicles in the driveway, especially not the work vehicles.

Does anyone think that it's possible someone came to the door attempting to break in and met Mollie and just took her?

Or, alternatively, someone was in the house when Mollie returned from the jog (she would still have had her armband with cell and earbuds attached).

No scuffle - perhaps they had a gun.

The timing could have been after Mollie finished homework and put the dogs to bed.

She may still have been wearing jogging clothes as she hadn't showered or changed yet.

I'm curious as to whether anyone is thinking this way?

Yes, I too am wondering this. I had the same line of thought... quiet looking rural house, she did not have the car she uses there, etc. Perhaps someone looking to burglarize a house, maybe looking for guns they could sell? Possibly needing some quick drug money? It’s conceivable that someone only meant to rob the house, had no idea Mollie would be in there, panicked and killed her.

I wonder if it could be connected to that hardware store vandalism after all? Did I read that a window was broken or something? I know tools are popular items to steal because they can be sold for quite a bit of quick cash. I wonder if the hardware store has any video footage?

NE Ankeny incident appears to have happened around 7pm on Friday 24th July.
Miner, MO PD on facebook has video footage and screenshots of the alleged perp and his van. Video footage is dated 17th July at around 4:19pm. Interesting that the two men have similar subscriptions.

Looking on the map though, there's quite a distance between the two places. Brooklyn is not far from Ankeny at approx 68 miles. Miner, MO is 484 miles (roughly 7 1/2 hours away.)

Since people seem incredulous that the FBI would talk to a witness more than once, here's a data point: I, personally, have sat through multiple 12-hour FBI interviews with a witness who was not only formally cleared, but given immunity for the testimony. I'm sure if busybodies were watching who walked into the office over those weeks, they would have posted about this completely innocent person's guilt. But it was just someone who happened to know a lot about the subject matter and the company. So unless LE comes out and names someone a POI or a suspect, they could just be a helpful witness.

O/T but just curious - why would somebody who is completely innocent need immunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member