Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe somebody swung by later in the evening and picked her up. She put the dogs away, walked out the door and got into a car, then off into the night she goes. I'd like to know a lot more about this SUV...

MT would also have had to place the dogs in the basement before leaving the house for her jog/run.

Playing hunches and Good Advice don't "get the weeds out of the corn."

Since I had these all set for multi-quote, I've decided to just respond this time instead of deleting all of them because it took me too long to get to the end of the new posts.
Random question/concern from someone with horrible eyesight: if she doesn’t have her contacts in and her glasses were taken/removed does anyone know how bad her eyes are? I know eyesight gets worse with age so she has that on her side but it makes me concerned that she is without her contacts and possibly glasses. Also, nobody with glasses goes out in the rain without cover if they can help it.

IMO
Looking at a picture of her wearing her glasses, she looks very far-sighted (just like her father). She could probably run without them, but it might be a bit uncomfortable.

The time frame doesn't seem to match a time when MT would be out and about: between 11:30 pm and 1:00 am. It's possible that vehicle might have roamed earlier (jog time) but if so and MT was abducted on the street by person(s) in the vehicle I doubt they would have hung around the streets of Brooklyn in to the wee hours. It is possible that vehicle waited until the wee hours to abduct MT from the house. We're left with more questions, more speculation.

How many black SUVs are registered in Iowa and surrounding states? How many variances of that group? "A black SUV" is quite a generic description. Did the witness report a make, model, large, small, occupant(s) visible, how many, etc. Did they park, continue endlessly, anyone exit/enter the vehicle, etc.

Still, we can't dismiss the report.
Since sex trafficking hasn't been mentioned lately, I'll throw in - maybe he had a quota to meet, and just MT wasn't enough after some near misses.

Possible that the person in that vehicle may have been "casing" houses for burglary.

There were no vehicles in the driveway, especially not the work vehicles.

Does anyone think that it's possible someone came to the door attempting to break in and met Mollie and just took her?

Or, alternatively, someone was in the house when Mollie returned from the jog (she would still have had her armband with cell and earbuds attached).

No scuffle - perhaps they had a gun.

The timing could have been after Mollie finished homework and put the dogs to bed.

She may still have been wearing jogging clothes as she hadn't showered or changed yet.

I'm curious as to whether anyone is thinking this way?
The dogs don't sleep downstairs, they were said to most likely sleep with her.

Here’s another case of an attempted kidnapping, of a boy in Harrisonville, MO. Article is dated 5-25-18. Also a black van!
Harrisonville boy tells police masked man tried to kidnap him
Now he would have been hard to forget if he was the same guy! Can you imagine the nightmares a kid would have after being chased by a masked 300 pound guy with suspenders and a straw hat? :eek:

I think it’s stalled for two reasons. One, the public hasn’t been let in on much. I personally feel that if we knew whether or not she went miss on the jog or at the house, the discussion would gain focus. And two, we can’t post much here per rules. Even public online oddities can’t be discussed if they involve anyone at all beside “the pig farmer.”

I wonder if it could be connected to that hardware store vandalism after all? Did I read that a window was broken or something? I know tools are popular items to steal because they can be sold for quite a bit of quick cash. I wonder if the hardware store has any video footage?

Snipped by me. A picture of the store damage has been posted up thread by SharonNeedles. It's very minor damage, a glass door pane that has been smashed a little. But judging by the photo, there's no hole big enough to reach in or crawl through.

Here it is again for reference:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/hwarestore-jpg.141083/

NE Ankeny incident appears to have happened around 7pm on Friday 24th July.
Miner, MO PD on facebook has video footage and screenshots of the alleged perp and his van. Video footage is dated 17th July at around 4:19pm. Interesting that the two men have similar subscriptions.

Looking on the map though, there's quite a distance between the two places. Brooklyn is not far from Ankeny at approx 68 miles. Miner, MO is 484 miles (roughly 7 1/2 hours away.)

I get Friday July 27.

Police: Man approached, chased girl on Ankeny's northeast side Friday

Well I don't know what to think or type. This is just spiraling very much out of control. I think I need a break for a few. There are too many missing, too many unaccounted for and little to no answers all around. And I don't just mean in Iowa, obviously. Anxiously awaiting the id on the young woman found earlier today that was not Mollie. She is someone's daughter, sister, friend, etc. :(

Here's what I have on black SUV's/Vans as soon as you are finished with your break :p:

May 25 (date of article) Harrisonville, MO
12-year-old boy says a man who wore killer bear mask and black clothing tried to kidnap him.

July 17, Miner, MO
Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large
Police said a young female was running down David Lane when a man in a black van pulled up, and told her to get in and started cursing at her.
"He has what appears to be a white beard or a white goatee," said Griggs. "He does have tattoos on his arms. He weighs about 300 pounds according to the victim. He is wearing suspenders and a blue shirt underneath that with a straw hat."
VIDEO: Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

July 18, Brooklyn, IA
Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says
A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.
Between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., the woman said she observed the suspicious vehicle. She told Fox News that she reported it to the FBI when she was questioned.

July 28, Ankeny, IA
Ankeny police seek man who allegedly approached, chased girl
Black SUV approached and chased a young girl.
A white male with a mustache and beard was driving a black SUV, with black wheel rims, when he approached the girl. He got out of the vehicle and walked toward the girl.

Here's what I have on black SUV's/Vans as soon as you are finished with your break :p:

May 25 (date of article) Harrisonville, MO
12-year-old boy says a man who wore killer bear mask and black clothing tried to kidnap him.

July 17, Miner, MO
Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large
Police said a young female was running down David Lane when a man in a black van pulled up, and told her to get in and started cursing at her.
"He has what appears to be a white beard or a white goatee," said Griggs. "He does have tattoos on his arms. He weighs about 300 pounds according to the victim. He is wearing suspenders and a blue shirt underneath that with a straw hat."
VIDEO: Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

July 18, Brooklyn, IA
Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says
A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.
Between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., the woman said she observed the suspicious vehicle. She told Fox News that she reported it to the FBI when she was questioned.

July 28, Ankeny, IA
Ankeny police seek man who allegedly approached, chased girl
Black SUV approached and chased a young girl.
A white male with a mustache and beard was driving a black SUV, with black wheel rims, when he approached the girl. He got out of the vehicle and walked toward the girl.

Did you see my timeline a couple pages back?

I lost track, but there are many reports of attempted abduction of jogging, walking women in KS, MO, IA this summer. Black SUV in some..

How abnormal/normal is this?

BBM. I think you'd either need to look up news articles from previous summers to see what turns up OR you could find and area you feel is comparable and search that area to see if you find a generally comparable number of stories there. Some of the ones listed are clearly not connected based on the POI and circumstances, though.

I lost track, but there are many reports of attempted abduction of jogging, walking women in KS, MO, IA this summer. Black SUV in some..

How abnormal/normal is this?
Very normal imo. I usually mention this in every case that the “attempted abductions” will light up like a Christmas tree and do light up just like the RSO maps, moo.

ETA: this is not to say that none of these are of any value. These are exactly the types of incidents we should continue to look at imo.
Additionally, often it is the “creepy white van”.

Last edited:
I wonder how many bratwursts that 300 pound man has been eating.
Without blowing a suspender? I’d say 10. Over 10 and those suspenders are history. And seriously, at 300 pounds, what are they really holding up? Certainly not his pants.
I guess right now they’re holding up our morale. :) And that’s a good thing because this scenario is a tough one!

I think it’s stalled for two reasons. One, the public hasn’t been let in on much. I personally feel that if we knew whether or not she went miss on the jog or at the house, the discussion would gain focus. And two, we can’t post much here per rules. Even public online oddities can’t be discussed if they involve anyone at all beside “the pig farmer.”

Oops I was looking at August month. DUH! Yep Friday July 27. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc