Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - I've been lurking this for a long time and finally decided to make an account. There are some cases that really cling to me and this is one of them. Every morning when I wake up I immediately check to see if there's any update with Mollie, I cannot stop thinking about her :( Hoping there are some answers for her family very soon.

Welcome to Websleuths Salt! Thank you for joining us and for caring about Mollie. I’m doing the same as you checking to see if there is any news.

Dear Alethea,

Your insight as an attorney is very much appreciated on these threads.

Thank you for your knowledgeable and compassionate posts.

I totally agree. The knowledge of members who are legal professionals is invaluable and much appreciated.

How about the passport, for her upcoming trip?
Wondering if she had a new photo taken for this passport; if so, where it was taken; and where she went to pick up the passport.

The passport is mailed to you. I think you can even take your own pics if you follow the passport pic rules. Size, smile?

Hi all - I've been lurking this for a long time and finally decided to make an account. There are some cases that really cling to me and this is one of them. Every morning when I wake up I immediately check to see if there's any update with Mollie, I cannot stop thinking about her :( Hoping there are some answers for her family very soon.

Welcome, Salt_,

We share your compassion for Mollie.

Thank you for your caring message for her.

I am so glad you are here.

Thinking about this case...

What if LE released information from their 'solid timeline', such as when MT went jogging, or that MT returned to the house after jogging, slept and left the house in the morning to go to pick up the car at her mother's house?

If you were provided any of that information in whatever combination that makes sense what would you do then? What could you sleuth from that point that you couldn't sleuth now?

Let's say, you now know MT returned from her jog, did some homework, ate dinner, slept, woke up at 6 am, showered, dressed, ate breakfast, placed the dogs in the basement then left the house to go to her mother's house to pick up the car.

Now what? What do you sleuth?

Also a reasonable chance that the lady witness who saw the black SUV mixed up her dates and that what she may have seen was a FBI SUV out patrolling the area.

This was exactly my first thought. Especially since it is "new" information that I'd have thought would have come out before now. But, maybe it was reported immediately and just not leaked.

LE did speak to WC for a few minutes today. A woman in the neighborhood of Mollie's boyfriends brothers house said she saw a black SUV circling around the night she went missing, between 11:30pm-1am (not sure if the car was circling that whole time, or that was around the time she noticed). The 300 lb man refers to a report of a man in a dark SUV who chased a young girl. Can't help with the I-80 part, though, I got slightly lost on that part.
Here is the link to the 300 lb man story. He was driving a black suv and tried to grab a jogger in MO. The jogger escaped. The story was intriguing because the MO could have been used to grab MT. Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

Yes, I noticed that as well, not that posts necessarily mean anything...but I feel it does. I was looking back at post of friends I've lost to suicide. Most are pretty cheerful, which is why the recent comment from the man bothered me that she looked without a care in the world. I may have missed it, but has there been any evidence she was abducted? Does she have favorite spots to go to from when she was little etc? When my neighbor Rashaan Salaam committed suicide, he went to an old favortie spot. Secret hiding places (I lived in rural Australia so we had our spots)?

I still have no idea about who Mollie is as a person. Sometimes more details are disclosed regarding relationships with others. Does she have any friends at her school? I can't recall one of them discussing how she was away from home, may have missed that also. This info would be helpful if they really wanted us to know Mollie. The family mentioned she was a fighter? How? In what way and what happened in her life prior to describe her in that way....usually implies a major struggle (illness, depression, addiction, bullying) what was her struggle at one point. Just some random thoughts of mine. May be totally irrelevant haha.
Very insightful comments.

BBM. I think you'd either need to look up news articles from previous summers to see what turns up OR you could find and area you feel is comparable and search that area to see if you find a generally comparable number of stories there. Some of the ones listed are clearly not connected based on the POI and circumstances, though.
In rural Iowa this story repeats itself every year. I don’t think most of them end up being confirmed, also it’s normally a white panel van following kids - which has already been reported multiple times this year. I don’t know what to make of it, just feel sorry for anyone that drives a white van.

Thinking about this case...

What if LE released information from their 'solid timeline', such as when MT went jogging, or that MT returned to the house after jogging, slept and left the house in the morning to go to pick up the car at her mother's house?

If you were provided any of that information in whatever combination that makes sense what would you do then? What could you sleuth from that point that you couldn't sleuth now?

Let's say, you now know MT returned from her jog, did some homework, ate dinner, slept, woke up at 6 am, showered, dressed, ate breakfast, placed the dogs in the basement then left the house to go to her mother's house to pick up the car.

Now what? What do you sleuth?

It wouldn't necessarily change what I would be able to gather information about, but it would certainly change the things I'm wondering about a little bit because it doesn't quite fit with other things such as last contact with anyone being the night before (AFAIK). I would expect there to be more of a digital trail in the morning via social media, even if it is just retweeting something or liking a couple things on Facebook or whatever. I would look a little further into the weather that morning, maybe...

I'd still be wondering a lot of the things I'm already wondering and have no way to find out though.

In rural Iowa this story repeats itself every year. I don’t think most of them end up being confirmed, also it’s normally a white panel van following kids - which has already been reported multiple times this year. I don’t know what to make of it, just feel sorry for anyone that drives a white van.
Yeah I agree that it's common, I just don't have data to back it up (and frankly am not interested in looking it up because I think it's sadly not atypical).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc