Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, in corporate fraud cases you can have employees who did not commit any crimes or intentionally violate any regulations but they may have unknowingly assisted in a regulatory violation. An employee may be less forthcoming if they think something they say can later be used against them. Federal prosecutors will give witnesses "Queen for a day" protections where they agree they will not use anything said against the individual.

In other situations, a witness may have been involved in some unrelated minor crime (like drugs) and prosecutors can agree to not prosecute you or not use your statements in any prosecution (use immunity). For example, your witness saw a shooting and the reason she was on that corner was to buy drugs - the prosecutor would agree to not use that admission against her in a drug case if she'll testify about what she saw in the murder case. There are varying levels of immunity and a lot will depend on the case and the prosecutor.
Wow, thanks for giving an example of immunity and innocence that was about 500 timer better than mine. All I could think of was the Aussi doc and the need for Diplomatic Immunity with the Thai government which was an exceptional situation and poor example. But your explanation and examples are perfect!!

Last edited:
Take out your maps. Someone in the KC MO/KS area has access to all these areas via Interstate (expect Minor Mo which is quite a ways away).

Is this just paranoia?

June 13, 2018, Attempted abduction of woman college student 'walking', Springfield MO (I44)
Attempted abduction near Downtown Springfield

June 29, North Kansas City, MO, Attempted abduction of girl jogging (I35)
Police seek tips, witnesses of Northland attempted abduction

July 12, Lawrence KS, Attempted assault of woman jogging (I35 to State 10)
Woman fights off man who tried to abduct her on Lawrence trail, police say

July 17, Minor Missouri, Attempted abduction of woman jogging, black SUV (I-55 S of St Louis)
Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

July 18-19, Brooklyn IA, Molly Tibbets, jogging (I-80)

July 27, Attempted abduction of girl walking dog in Ankeny Iowa; black SUV (I-35)
Police: Man approached, chased girl on Ankeny's northeast side Friday

Aug 4-5, 2018, West Bend IA, Women aged 20-25 found dead (I380)
Was the white woman that was found deceased today on this route or is that too far East?

I have been a member here for a little over 6 years, and lurked for quite a while before that. I have followed quite a lot of cases here, though I periodically slip away until something else brings me back. This case brought me back this time, as well as some updates on a cold case from 1972 in my city. Just wanted to say, in cases like this one, I think of an old friend here, who I never met, but always valued his insight, and know that he would be here if he could be. I am sure many of you know who I am talking about....Foxfire. I believe he is up there in Heaven now, watching, and if, God forbid, the worst has happened to Mollie, I am sure he was right there to welcome her with open arms. Rest easy, my friend. We will carry on for you...

Last edited:
I know WC reported he was questioned for 2 hours once at the police station, correct? LE also reportedly has conducted over 200 interviews so his would be 1. The FBI has now stopped by his house to question him, in plain view of the media, for 5-10 minutes twice. I don't even understand why/when that would happen. If he was being seriously considered, wouldn't ongoing interviews/questioning happen at the station and recorded/on the record?

As a lay person, something doesn't sit right and I'm leaning toward the contact being staged or intended to gather information about what he may have witnessed on the 18th and since then as opposed to him being viewed as a POI. Jmo.
I honestly don't know what to make of the situation with him. But I do know that law enforcement has to do something with him and quick. He will be a tip killer in that if people think that law enforcement is focusing on him and think he is responsible then people who might tip in some other individual or tip in something they saw won't do so since they would think law enforcement already has their person. And if he is their guy they need to label him as such so they don't get piles of useless tips that waste everyone's time. This episode has gone on far too long and law enforcement is going to hinder their own investigation if they don't do something soon one way or the other.

Also hoping thread can stay open tonight...it is hard on those of us who are night owls and did not break rules :(

Ah... but it gave me time to get caught up and to get some sleep! More seriously, I’ve been following this since the 20th when Mollie’s photo starting showing up in my fb feed, and I feel for Mollie’s family, friends, and loved ones who get no break

It wouldn't necessarily change what I would be able to gather information about, but it would certainly change the things I'm wondering about a little bit because it doesn't quite fit with other things such as last contact with anyone being the night before (AFAIK). I would expect there to be more of a digital trail in the morning via social media, even if it is just retweeting something or liking a couple things on Facebook or whatever. I would look a little further into the weather that morning, maybe...

I'd still be wondering a lot of the things I'm already wondering and have no way to find out though.

I might expect a digital trail in the morning, such as texting to her mother or bf, but not necessarily. If such an action was not part of her typical routine then we'd have nothing further from which to sleuth.

I might expect a digital trail in the morning, such as texting to her mother or bf, but not necessarily. If such an action was not part of her typical routine then we'd have nothing further from which to sleuth.
Not so much texting, but stuff like liking Facebook posts, or hearting Instagram pictures. Stuff that is just scroll and click. Or snapchat interactions, like viewing friend's messages or whatever. Low effort but stuff I think people really commonly do when they've just got up in the morning.

Also I haven't seen a time anywhere for the AM text from her BF, and I'd be more curious about that.

In rural Iowa this story repeats itself every year. I don’t think most of them end up being confirmed, also it’s normally a white panel van following kids - which has already been reported multiple times this year. I don’t know what to make of it, just feel sorry for anyone that drives a white van.
The white van story is an urban legend which occurs in almost all states, and in other countries too.

Wow, thanks for giving an example of immunity and innocence that was about 500 timer better than mine. All I could think of was the Aussi doc and the need for Diplomatic Immunity with the Thai government which was an exceptional situation and poor example. But you explanation and examples are perfect!!

I thought your example was good! People want protection even if they are doing good and trying to help - you don't want to be responsible if something goes wrong. Legally it just comes up more often in LE letting a couple little fish swim if it means they catch the big kahuna. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932