Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly agree with you insofar as she was kidnapped while outside. If not on the initial jog, perhaps after returning and doing homework and then leaving for some other purpose, perhaps to retrieve the car from her mother’s house. Without the known timeline, the best we can do is guess.
My thought is that she was heading to Mom's to eat and get the car for work the next day. She never made it.

So many “what ifs” here. I can’t come up with a concrete theory that I’d bet my paycheck on. Often it’s the last person to see her or first person to “report” her missing and sometimes a random crime of opportunity. So strange. Holding out for more information to decide my theory. I’m hopeful answers will come soon but I’ve been around here a long time & seen cases take years to solve or worse, still go unsolved.

IMO

I finally talked myself into taking a break from the thread for a bit and what happens? A body is found.

Thankful it doesn't appear to be Mollie's, but so sad for the family that will be getting the awful news.

We don't. We have two conflicting pieces of information. First, three people close to Mollie have said that her computer was in use for her online course after she went jogging, and we know that she vanished along with only those things that she has with her when she is jogging.

We also know that when she stays at her boyfriend's house she typically stops at mom's house to pick up the car before dark. We know that she had a short run around 7:30.

Putting these pieces together, it seems logical that she went for a run around 7:30 with the intention to pick up the car. We have some information about her route, but not enough information. It's quite possible that she logged into her online course before she went for a run and left the browser open during her run. That could be mistaken for being online when in fact she wasn't interacting with the online course.

My guess is that she disappeared during the run close to her mom's house, and that her online course was open on her computer throughout the evening.
Interesting theory. I've taken a few online courses (didn't use same system as Iowa though - the Iowa system was described in depth many threads ago...) but our system would log you out automatically if you were inactive for a period of time. It was a source of much aggravation but the school refused to make the auto logout time longer for security reasons. Iowa is a big school network and most likely has solid security protocols in place. I would be surprised if their network admin folks couldn't tell precise login, logout, web id, and ip and probably even more things than I know about MT being online that night.

I also wonder if she didn't feel like being by herself that night and so either invited someone over or went to someone's house. Still wonder how comfortable she felt being in that house by herself for a few days. She spends her life surrounded by people (school, brothers at home, 4 people living in the BF brothers house etc.) so I would think being by herself is unusual. I also am surprised that the BF said doors were unlocked. Hearing that she was from Oakland and spends time with her father and his family there I was shocked about unlocked doors. The kindest way to described Oakland is hard core urban, even the better areas - you always are looking around to stay safe there. If she was used to this urban environment, I'm surprised house wasn't locked up.

My thought is that she was heading to Mom's to eat and get the car for work the next day. She never made it.
My issue is the electronic evidence. If it is true, and they have evidence that irrefutably shows she was active on her computer late into the night, then an earlier kidnapping simply doesn’t jibe. The door to that possibility is only open, if that digital evidence isn’t firm.

Hello everyone. LLTNS! I cant believe the last time I posted was in April. I am finally being able to throughly enjoy being with my hubby who finally retired this year.

I have been following Mollie's case in the news. I have felt from the beginning the suspect is from the area who knew Mollie would be alone, and knew the other three would be gone. In such small towns that could have been overheard at a convenience store. I do believe LE knows much more than they are saying.

I tend to believe the red shirt found has relevancy to the case because LE began to really search that area extensively. If they thought it had no link, such as, wrong size, aged, and ragged I do not believe they would have been this interested with that area. I also think the tech data is pointing them to this general area.

It wouldn't surprise me if the suspect is known to Mollie even if it is not closely. I tend to believe she made it back from her jog and was taken later. That is just speculation on my part since LE seems to want to keep the timeline a secret. I do believe they do know the approximate time the abduction took place and where. Whoever this is could have waited until she finished her jog and then waited until much later.....even in the early hours of the next morning to enter the home.

Imo, I think one of the reasons LE doesn't want to announce a specific time she was taken is because they want the suspect to think they think she was taken during her jog. If that is not the case then if he created a false alibi it would not be for the time they know she was taken. LE wants to keep him guessing on what they actually have discovered and know. I do think they do have particular POIs and are narrowing it down to one.

I think they are looking for one suspect. I do not believe more than one was involved. One person unfortunately could easily abduct a petite young woman and it has happened so many times before by one lone perp.

I wish I believed she is being held against her will somewhere, but rarely is that the outcome, and much more often the victim met their demise within less than 24 hours of being taken.

I don't know who the suspect will turnout to be in the end, but it very well could be someone Mollie thought could be trusted in her community. Maybe someone she wasn't even close to but a friendly familiar face. I think Mollie would have opened the door if she heard a knock even if it was late or early morning. She, like all there, felt safe in this small close knit community until this happened.

It also would not surprise me if the suspect is hiding in plain sight, and may have even attended searches.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I have missed all of you, and maybe I will have more time in the future to post more often. :)

Ocean

I have been following this case very closely. I also am a Iowa gal & know what small town living is about.

I read that there was a red shirt found close to where she was jogging & thought to be hers. Between where she was supposedly jogging & the hog farm.

I also know a bunch of hungry hogs will eat anything. My heart breaks for her family!!!!

It just goes over how Snapchat works (sending picture messages that expire after seen, what the company that owns Snapchat keeps in their database, etc). It mentions about how it may not be as useful as having Facebook or Instagram data and that it's better to have the actual cell phone to see what towers it pings to.
Thank you! ;)

People keep bringing up dog poop as though that will provide a timeline. They had large breed well-trained dogs. I have a well-trained large breed dog who will not have an indoor accident even if left alone for 24 hours. Nothing can be concluded about the dogs other than what can be learned from the fact that the dogs were where they were supposed to be when everyone left the house.
Thank you for putting a stake in this! I concur. I have a large breed dog and he absolutely will not go inside even if given the opportunity in the garage on newspaper (don't ask, but it was a major blizzard!). So while 24 hrs is clearly a long time for large dogs with no break, 12-16 hrs can be done (absolutely at bad idea but it can be handled by the dogs).

Interesting theory. I've taken a few online courses (didn't use same system as Iowa though - the Iowa system was described in depth many threads ago...) but our system would log you out automatically if you were inactive for a period of time. It was a source of much aggravation but the school refused to make the auto logout time longer for security reasons. Iowa is a big school network and most likely has solid security protocols in place. I would be surprised if their network admin folks couldn't tell precise login, logout, web id, and ip and probably even more things than I know about MT being online that night.

I also wonder if she didn't feel like being by herself that night and so either invited someone over or went to someone's house. Still wonder how comfortable she felt being in that house by herself for a few days. She spends her life surrounded by people (school, brothers at home, 4 people living in the BF brothers house etc.) so I would think being by herself is unusual. I also am surprised that the BF said doors were unlocked. Hearing that she was from Oakland and spends time with her father and his family there I was shocked about unlocked doors. The kindest way to described Oakland is hard core urban, even the better areas - you always are looking around to stay safe there. If she was used to this urban environment, I'm surprised house wasn't locked up.
Yes. Online courses will log you out quickly if there is no activity.

So her login and log off info is very important.

Hello everyone. LLTNS! I cant believe the last time I posted was in April. I am finally being able to throughly enjoy being with my hubby who finally retired this year.

I have been following Mollie's case in the news. I have felt from the beginning the suspect is from the area who knew Mollie would be alone, and knew the other three would be gone. In such small towns that could have been overheard at a convenience store. I do believe LE knows much more than they are saying.

I tend to believe the red shirt found has relevancy to the case because LE began to really search that area extensively. If they thought it had no link, such as, wrong size, aged, and ragged I do not believe they would have been this interested with that area. I also think the tech data is pointing them to this general area.

It wouldn't surprise me if the suspect is known to Mollie even if it is not closely. I tend to believe she made it back from her jog and was taken later. That is just speculation on my part since LE seems to want to keep the timeline a secret. I do believe they do know the approximate time the abduction took place and where. Whoever this is could have waited until she finished her jog and then waited until much later.....even in the early hours of the next morning to enter the home.

Imo, I think one of the reasons LE doesn't want to announce a specific time she was taken is because they want the suspect to think they think she was taken during her jog. If that is not the case then if he created a false alibi it would not be for the time they know she was taken. LE wants to keep him guessing on what they actually have discovered and know. I do think they do have particular POIs and are narrowing it down to one.

I think they are looking for one suspect. I do not believe more than one was involved. One person unfortunately could easily abduct a petite young woman and it has happened so many times before by one lone perp.

I wish I believed she is being held against her will somewhere, but rarely is that the outcome, and much more often the victim met their demise within less than 24 hours of being taken.

I don't know who the suspect will turnout to be in the end, but it very well could be someone Mollie thought could be trusted in her community. Maybe someone she wasn't even close to but a friendly familiar face. I think Mollie would have opened the door if she heard a knock even if it was late or early morning. She, like all there, felt safe in this small close knit community until this happened.

It also would not surprise me if the suspect is hiding in plain sight, and may have even attended searches.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I have missed all of you, and maybe I will have more time in the future to post more often. :)

Ocean

One of the wonderful things about WS is the enormous clearinghouse of information available when we all put our heads together. I'm a visual person, so I'd love to see a map put together with pins dropped at all significant events, especially of the locations where witnesses say they saw Mollie on her run (a few posts here have mentioned there being 3 witnesses, but my brain can only remember 1). I think, if we can all look at the (very tiny) pieces of information we DO know, we might be able to get our brains back on course and into investigative mode. I'm only speaking for myself, but all the what ifs and theories are making my head spin. Let's maybe toss aside everything we DON'T know, for just a bit, and focus only on what we DO know? Start from scratch, so to speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298