Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That also supports the point that she was abducted in the evening wearing her jogging clothes, and not walking to her mom's house in the morning.

I guess that's where the "red shirt" comes in. It's possible that she was wearing her red work shirt over her running clothes to work, so where is the red shirt? I can understand wearing the red shirt to work, but not wearing her running clothes from the night before under her red work shirt. Also, her mom said that two of her red work shirts were at home, and ... did she wear the red shirt every day or just for field trips?

Either way, I'm pretty sure she was abducted during her evening run to collect the car.
Well if LE would say the status of her sleeping pajamas.. on the floor next to bed, in the laundry hamper, on the bathroom floor indicating a morning shower, in the dresser never worn that night, packed in a overnight bag untouched etc. also, as a younger woman.. if my bf was gone all night, I would stay the night with my mom/my own room vs. alone in the bf house and I would leave after I cared for the dogs.

Way behind in the discussion, but if we were to consider where Mollie disappeared if it happened at 7:45 when she was jogging to her mom's house - thoughts?

The two orange dots representing the spots where the sightings occurred are slightly inaccurate on this map, so the yellow route is the one that makes sense. The spot of the 3rd sighting - which isn't on the map at all - corroborates that.

Attachments

• Mollie 12.jpg
    Mollie 12.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I don't think she came home after her jog and I also don't think she had definitive plans to see her Mom, get car, et al - or - why didn't Mom raise alarm bells knowing that MT was staying in that home alone?

Most parents, friends, et al would try to contact a responsible child, friend when said child, friend didn't show up as planned.

That's why her employer was alarmed when she didn't show up for work.

It's likely that Mollie had put off picking up the car in the morning in the past. Maybe her boyfriend sometimes drove her to her car in the morning, so it didn't occur to her mom and brother that getting the car in the morning would mean her walking a or running a mile in the morning. It was probably just an oversight that didn't occur to them until too late, like when the brother called her at 7:30 in the morning to check about car arrangements.

It's likely that Mollie had put off picking up the car in the morning in the past. Maybe her boyfriend sometimes drove her to her car in the morning, so it didn't occur to her mom and brother that getting the car in the morning would mean her walking a or running a mile in the morning. It was probably just an oversight that didn't occur to them until too late, like when the brother called her at 7:30 in the morning to check about car arrangements.
Somewhere I read that she sometimes drove DJ's truck instead of getting the car, but that wouldn't be likely with him out of town.

My thought on a typical route was W Des Moines St., south on Jackson to Front street, West on Front Street to Orchard Street, East on Pershing to Jackson, north on Jackson to W. Des Moines and back to the house. It comes to 47+ minute walk, so it would probably be fairly close to a 45 minute run/jog. After that, she might normally grab whatever she needed (glasses, license, etc.) and walk to her mothers. Does that sound plausible at all?

She was seen on W. Pershing between West Str. and the Highway, so it's likely that left home, was seen by the neighbor fumbling with her music (he said she was walking or standing and he didn't know which way she went), turned right on West Str, and left on W. Pershing Dr. That is where she was seen next. The last place where she was seen is at the intersection of W. Pershing Dr. and the highway - at the Funeral Home.

If you look at the two places where she was seen, why include other streets where she was not seen? Are you familiar with the area and know those streets to be better jogging streets?

What's interesting to me is this town has approximately 1400 people living in it, yet it appears no one has mentioned seeing a stranger or anyone lurking around the town. While Brooklyn is near I-80, what would even lure a stranger get off I-80 to go to Brooklyn?

Easy access to and from town, and/or familiarity with area and/or close enough to home return unnoticed and/or trolls small towns looking for an opportunity.

Also, unless a perp is a transient, he lives somewhere - in other words, hiding in plain sight. Or, he could have lived there in the past or still have family in the area so while he isn't a stranger, he also isn't a resident. There are also people whose business takes them to Brooklyn, who are known to people in town even though they aren't residents. These are just a few off the top of my head.

The two orange dots representing the spots where the sightings occurred are slightly inaccurate on this map, so the yellow route is the one that makes sense. The spot of the 3rd sighting - which isn't on the map at all - corroborates that.
Wow, Brooklyn is bigger than I thought.

I just wanted to quote myself for something different, I've never done it before! Since I've been on this kick about her being grabbed in from of the hardware store, I also wanted to add some times here. If she left home at ~7:30 and walked to Jackson because she was texting Mom and DJ, and then started running on Jackson, I believe it would have been approximately 7:45-7:50 when she got to the hardware store. Just something to consider. MOO

I agree. If nobody saw what happened to the door of the hardware store, then nobody would've seen her get taken from there. If you streetview that area it looks like the bar across the street would be the only business open at that time of night for a couple blocks in each direction. The perp could've seen her running that direction, drove ahead, parked and grabbed her.

Interesting, good finds, Pixie Dust.

“Michaela Cook was reported missing to the Dubuque PD, in Dubuque on Jul 08, 2018.“

“Selena Hernandez was reported missing to the Council Bluffs PD, in Council Bluffs on Jul 30, 2018.”

—-looking to see if they have threads here.
—-eta: not seeing any, but sometimes I can miss them somehow as I’ve posted duplicate threads in the past.

I couldn't find any, either, but I'm several hours past my bedtime and my eyes are blurring up...

I’ll go ahead and create threads for them, give me a few minutes. :)

Need to double check that is msm...
ETA the links you provided seem to be from the Iowa DPS...going to flag a mod to find out if this is acceptable as a sufficient source.

If DPS is Department of Public Safety then yes it is an approved source. :)

Thank you Tricia and Pixie Dust.
Threads have been created here:

IA - IA - Michaela Cook, 26, Dubuque, 8 July 2018

-will add Selena’s thread link as eta as soon as thread title is corrected, I made a boo boo on the thread title and waiting for mod correction.

(O/T, on the old forum we were able to edit a thread title by using the “go advanced” option. Since I’m not seeing a way to edit the title on the new platform, and have made the same boo boo 3 times now, I’ve figured a good way to avoid this is to write the full thread title out in the body of the message and then copy and paste the full text directly into the thread title header.)

Last edited:
I just wanted to quote myself for something different, I've never done it before! Since I've been on this kick about her being grabbed in from of the hardware store, I also wanted to add some times here. If she left home at ~7:30 and walked to Jackson because she was texting Mom and DJ, and then started running on Jackson, I believe it would have been approximately 7:45-7:50 when she got to the hardware store. Just something to consider. MOO

Investigators have pulled CCTV from Casey's General Store, which is at the South end of Brooklyn and North of the True Value hardware store. There was vandalism at the hardware store.

In the disappearance of the Iowa cousins, CCTV was taken from a convenience store near the park where the bikes were found. This was done not because there was a sighting of the girls at the store, but because investigators were looking for a suspicious white van. They found one, but it was unrelated.

Pulling Casey's General Store CCTV might have been done to check which vehicles were in the area, and which vehicles might have been heading to or from the Guernsey direction.

Where is the third sighting? The Funeral Home should be accurate, the W. Pershing Dr. sighting is deliberately somewhat inaccurate without compromising the route simply because that address should be left somewhat anonymous.

Thank you! I'll update the map with more information.

I think this probably gets resolved when she calls her dad. She's in a hell of a predicament right now, I'm a lot older and more experienced dealing with sticky situations and I have no idea how I'd get out of this mess - I'd probably call my dad too.

I have seen cases similar to what you describe here. In one case, the 'missing person' called Law Enforcement and said ' I am fine, stop searching for me.'

And they did, after they sent an investigator out to verify it was him, and he was not under duress. The p0lice then called the family, said he was Okay, but didn't want to be contacted. The End.

I am sure it was painful for the family, but not as bad as looking forever and imagining they were murdered.

One of the cases we were following here ended up in a similar way---the young man from San Diego area, who was going to a Brony convention, then disappeared, vanished in thin air. Eventually he called someone and said he was fine, just needed to get away. All of the publicity and searching stopped cold.

Somewhere I read that she sometimes drove DJ's truck instead of getting the car, but that wouldn't be likely with him out of town.

Still, if mom was used to Molly being at her boyfriend's house and sorting out work transportation on her own, it probably didn't cross their minds that things were amiss until the next morning at 7:30 when her brother tried to connect with her.

Investigators have pulled CCTV from Casey's General Store, which is at the South end of Brooklyn and North of the True Value hardware store. There was vandalism at the hardware store.

In the disappearance of the Iowa cousins, CCTV was taken from a convenience store near the park where the bikes were found. This was done not because there was a sighting of the girls at the store, but because investigators were looking for a suspicious white van. They found one, but it was unrelated.

Pulling Casey's General Store CCTV might have been done to check which vehicles were in the area, and which vehicles might have been heading to or from the Guernsey direction.
In the route I came up with they would have passed the neighbors house close to 7:30 and would have passed Casey's (and the funeral home.) I'd add the map, but I'm not sure how to do it.

I have seen cases similar to what you describe here. In one case, the 'missing person' called Law Enforcement and said ' I am fine, stop searching for me.'

And they did, after they sent an investigator out to verify it was him, and he was not under duress. The p0lice then called the family, said he was Okay, but didn't want to be contacted. The End.

I am sure it was painful for the family, but not as bad as looking forever and imagining they were murdered.

One of the cases we were following here ended up in a similar way---the young man from San Diego area, who was going to a Brony convention, then disappeared, vanished in thin air. Eventually he called someone and said he was fine, just needed to get away. All of the publicity and searching stopped cold.
They were both young men, nowhere near as vulnerable as a young woman.

And they did, after they sent an investigator out to verify it was him, and he was not under duress. The police then called the family, said he was Okay, but didn't want to be contacted. The End.

(I saw a similar scenario on Live PD or COPS not too long ago. A woman was sleeping in her car, police ran the vehicle and saw her family had reported her as missing. She said she was missing voluntarily and did not want to be found; iirc the police just said ok we will let them know you are okay and that you do not want to be found. I think I recall from another case as well that LE needs to request this privacy? There was another case of a missing female here in which I seem to recall a similar situation as well, trying to remember the case.)

Where is the third sighting? The Funeral Home should be accurate, the W. Pershing Dr. sighting is deliberately somewhat inaccurate without compromising the route simply because that address should be left somewhat anonymous.

Thank you! I'll update the map with more information.

Good job on the map. I was (and still am) unaware of the funeral home sighting or its location, so I'll assume it's correct. I was referring earlier to the home addresses of the three men who claim to be Mollie's eyewitnesses. They've been named in the media (and here) as Mr. H, Mr. T and Mr. C. Are their home addresses allowed to be disclosed here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job on the map. I was (and still am) unaware of the funeral home sighting or its location, so I'll assume it's correct. I was referring earlier to the home addresses of the three men who claim to be eyewitnesses. They've been named in the media (and here) as Mr. Hopwood, Mr. Thompson and Mr. Collum. Are their home addresses allowed to be disclosed here?

I doubt it, but if so probably not a good idea, moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valerie1022