Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The True Value event is a report from the nearby barkeep shutting down the bar and noticing vandalism at the True Value hardware store. That does not have anything to do with Mollie's jogging route.

If anyone has information to add to Mollie's jogging route, in addition to heading East on W. Pershing Dr. and past the Funeral Home, please post.

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening. Investigators still baffled by disappearance of Iowa student

Yes- noted in prior posts, sighting between 11:30pm-1 am- black SUV, witness said that she told FBI in her interview. Someone here raised question- was law enforcement notified prior to FBI since their help came aprox. 6 days after Mollie went missing.

Right. A black SUV circled the street on July 18 for 1.5 hours and
They took about 12 hours of footage from Casey's according to the store manager. She said nobody at the store saw anything or anybody unusual, but she worked the day shift. I can find the audio if you haven't heard it or are interested.

Yes please, I haven't heard this and would like to see how it fits into the bigger picture. I mean, is this a routine collection of CCTV or is there footage of Mollie from Casey's?

Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

Between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., the woman said she observed the suspicious vehicle. She told Fox News that she reported it to the FBI when she was questioned.

Why was she up at 11:30 - 1:00 AM on a work night watching a black vehicle circle in the dark on her street? That must be a bit of a story!

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening. Investigators still baffled by disappearance of Iowa student
Unfortunately from looking up the address, she'd pass him on any of the routes heading to/ from town.

Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

Between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., the woman said she observed the suspicious vehicle. She told Fox News that she reported it to the FBI when she was questioned.

I'm inclined to agree with a previous comment - I don't believe it

Okay, I gotcha. I remember reading your ideas earlier about the hardware store. I have slept since then, but apparently not enough, lol. I thought all the points on your map were actual sightings and I must have missed a lot!

The only sightings I've read in the news are heading East on W Pershing Dr and being seen by the Funeral Home with no information about what direction she was heading.

How solid is the High School sighting?

I can't remember where I read it but the person who "reported" the black SUV posted somewhere that it was misconstrued. Basically there was a black SUV circling and she knew who it was (nothing to do with MT) but a coworker overheard the story and spread this false rumor to the news.

Can't remember exact details, maybe someone else saw it and can help out. but basically "fake news"

Well, it matters where you reddit because without a link, that could be a rumor as well.

Rural neighbors, as far as they can see, will watch out for neighbors. Mollie's house-sit was on the West edge of Brooklyn, apparently in the less affluent area (thank you Mr. Obvious!), and she was seen7 by the neighbor but he didn't know which direction she was headed.

There must be many potential witnesses who don't realize what they saw. My guess is that it would have been around 7:45PM while she was jogging from the house-sit to her mom's house. If police published the most likely route, locals who were in the area at that time might try harder to remember what they saw, maybe even re-tracing steps on the night of the disappearance.

Hello Otto - a minor correction; DJ's house IS on what I observed to be the more affluent side of town. I'd peg it as an old farm house as well.

Right. A black SUV circled the street on July 18 for 1.5 hours and

Yes please, I haven't heard this and would like to see how it fits into the bigger picture. I mean, is this a routine collection of CCTV or is there footage of Mollie from Casey's?

I took it as a routine video collection, but listen to LM's audio and see what you think. Mollie Tibbetts' family, friends and community speak about the on-going search

LM is the store manager at Casey's General Store and talked about sharing video with authorities and what she remembers from those nights and the rescue efforts. Dalton also worked for Linda.

I absolutely do. And I don’t think she anticipated how big of a deal this would become. She’s scared to death now of the backlash and ramifications if she just comes home. And whoever provided her ride out of town is terrified too.

Why? It’s not a crime to help an adult run away.

If Mollie had run away all she would have to do is get in contact with the FBI/DCI and let them know that they didn’t need to look for her because she left on her own. After they were able to verify it was her they’d immediately stop using their resources on the case. The FBI is not in the business of re-uniting adults with their families if the adult doesn’t want to be re-united.

Nonsense. CCTV was pulled from Caseys, not True Value. They are not at the same location.

The question is: where was Mollie when she her life was taken? Where ever she was, someone else was there at the same time. People will remember what they saw at that time if they know that the time matters.
I never said they were the same location or the same place. I also didn't say anything about CCTV. I originally checked out the path to the hardware store because I thought the vandalism might be related, but the time would most likely be off for her disappearance, but the actual path seemed like it might be one of the routes she ran (she had 3 that she switched between.) If it ends up not fitting the timeline for that night, it might give an idea where the guy saw her. Some of the places she would have gone past on that route are Casey's, the bar, the hardware store, the community center, post office, Brooklyn Elevator and some fabric company.

Front St. is also a business street, so in the evenings there wouldn't be a lot of people around except at the bar. There may be people working later at the elevator and fabric company, but not likely customers/visitors, but the hardware store closes at 6. She could have caught the attention of a regular at the bar, someone who leaves work in the evenings when she's going by (or is just on break), etc. Even if she didn't pass there that night, he may have gone looking for her if she did on a fairly regular basis. I hope that makes sense to you, it's more than 4 hours past my bed time and I have to get up in about 3 hours. :oops:

Unfortunately from looking up the address, she'd pass him on any of the routes heading to/ from town.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Maybe I was paying more attention to what he claims LE told him - that she made it home.

I was wondering where the 6 days came from too. Local LE may have called the closest FBI office on day 1 for advice. Just because the FBI isn't at a press conference doesn't mean they aren't involved.

The 6 Day time frame came from the IA DCI Press Folks informing the media. Still not sure when the DCI joined the case. Would definitely like to know! Maybe someone at the next press conference can ask?

FBI Joins Iowa Officials Search For Missing Student Mollie Tibbetts

(there are a few different ones for the same day saying the same thing)

Before that day, there is no video showing FBI in Brooklyn, is there?

Also there is the interview from the Sheriff on July 25th.
Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

"ABC: Still being characterized as a missing persons case

"Kriegel: It is the longest one we have been involved with yet. We usually find our people within a couple of days, its usually just because they have left for a short period of time."

"Kriegel: Well it stands out because she is a girl from Brooklyn, Iowa and we want to find her. We are going to work hard and naturally our local law enforcement got involved and we are going to do anything we can and we asked for help from the DCI and they asked for help from the FBI and everybody wants to work together to find her. I don’t know if it is signifcant or not you ask for help and people help you, at least here in Iowa."

In that interview he seems to say his staff took the report on 19th, worked for a couple of days expecting Mollie to turn up, when she didn't he reached out for help from DCI and the DCI in turn took however long it took to ask the FBI to join the case.

The Media were there on the 19th and they have done a good job filming from Brooklyn. They filmed the first day (July 20th) volunteer searches - Deputy Anderson (I think that was his name) from the Sheriff's dept provided media with what was happening. He went so far as to say the helicopter they hoped to use could not join the search until late afternoon because of cloud cover. No FBI filmed that day.

Over and over for the next several days the media kept reporting they were asking for updates from the Sheriff, to speak to the Sheriff - it was always the same - no response from the Sheriff.

The day the Sheriff finally did an interview was the same day all of the media reported the same thing -

"The FBI had JOINED the case after a week"

Why? It’s not a crime to help an adult run away.

If Mollie had run away all she would have to do is get in contact with the FBI/DCI and let them know that they didn’t need to look for her because she left on her own. After they were able to verify it was her they’d immediately stop using their resources on the case. The FBI is not in the business of re-uniting adults with their families if the adult doesn’t want to be re-united.

Actually she wouldn't be obligated to get a hold of anyone. She's an adult and can leave without telling anyone if she wanted to. However, if LE thought for a moment that's what happened, they wouldn't be putting the time and resources into this investigation.

The True Value event is a report from the nearby barkeep shutting down the bar and noticing vandalism at the True Value hardware store. That does not have anything to do with Mollie's jogging route.

If anyone has information to add to Mollie's jogging route, in addition to heading East on W. Pershing Dr. and past the Funeral Home, please post.

There's also a mention of a neighbor here, but it's not making sense to me right at the moment how it could be the last sighting, as they say. And, it's the DM, so FWIW:

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

She left Dalton Jack's four-bedroom home in West Des Moines Street and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive. From there the trail goes cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!