Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that knowing whether or not she made it back to house after her jog would be good to know. I have read the mother does not believe she made it back from her jog and her jogging clothes, phone, Fitbit, and ear buds have not been found. Whatever happen to her she had to be in her jogging clothes when she was taken. I think she was taken during or right after her jog. Someone maybe there waiting as soon as she walked in house ?? I do believe it was someone that knew Mollie was staying there by herself.

"The Department of Public Safety said there would be no further updates Sunday on either the Tibbetts case or the Lee County death."

Isn't this a bit lame? There is a missing 20 y/o woman and a body of a 20-25 y/o woman just found 120 miles apart and LE won't update?

Come on!
Yes -- still no danger in Poweshiek County or other areas? Maybe the incidents are totally unrelated, but I'll wait to be convinced. And which would be the good news? SMH
I would not permit my daughter, if I had one, to go jogging without a partner, if I hadn't already told her not to do so.

Last edited:
How many black SUVs are registered in Iowa and surrounding states? How many variances of that group?

Hmmm, this is a challenge so I'm trying to estimate.

Auto Sales - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com has autosales from March 2018. 45% of auto sales were SUVs or crossovers, which I'll count as SUVs.
Best Car Color To Buy, The Monetary Value of Car Color | Kelley Blue Book has car color popularity. 12.4% of SUVs are black, 7.5% are "dark grey" which I'll count as well since it's really close.
So say, 20% of the 45% of autos on the road are black/dark grey SUVs/crossovers - that's 10% of vehicles.

Using # of passenger vehicle information from 2016 from here: Total number of automobiles in the U.S. by state in 2016 | Statistic here's an estimate of number of black/dark grey SUVs/crossovers in Iowa and surrounding states:

Iowa: 130K
Illinois: 452K
Minnesota: 208K
Nebraska: 70K
Missouri: 225K
Wisconsin: 216K
South Dakota: 36K

That's 1.33M vehicles.

If the person is providing information about somebody else and isn't actually a suspect at all the number is limitless...

LE likely wouldn't do multiple searches on the property of someone who is giving information about someone else.

JMO

Black SUV in Ankeny? Chasing a girl walking a dog? Wow

Police: Man approached, chased girl on Ankeny's northeast side Friday

These guys communicate online don't they. Now my imagination is running wild. WC says 'a man has her'. Next up: search warrant for some PCs.
maybe I am misinterpreting - are you suggesting that the same guy from Ankeny took Mollie, and that because WC said "a man has her", that means WC and the abductor have been in contact online? Seems like a huge assumption IMO.

Off topic:

It is not funny at all but I chuckled at the man wearing suspenders. Here in the U.K suspenders are ladies lingerie. I’m picturing a 300 pound man wearing lingerie driving a black suv.
Oh goodness, yes! That description sounded like a joke. I was having trouble keeping it together when I got to the 300 pounds, so you can imagine the shape I was in by the time a read “straw hat.” Forget that guy blending into a crowd unless he’s at an Weight Watchers convention for the Amish. Whoa..

Who does a 20 year old woman usually confide in? A girlfriend. She was in a transitional stage of life -- attending college out of town, where she was exposed to a lot. As far as I know none of Mollie's girlfriends have spoken to the media. Presumably LE has interviewed them.

Same description of perp in Ankeny Iowa and Miner Missouri. Then a neighbor of Mollie's in Brooklyn reports suspicious black SUV driving around the night Mollie goes missing.

Seems like BigGuy in SUV is traveling along I-80 Tattoos, mustache, beard (unless disguises)? You do not weigh 300 pounds by eating a little tiny bit of food.

It's Time to check out surveillance cameras at restaurants, ....truck stops along I-80?

Can someone pls. explain a post like this? Why do people just type periods, for instance, & no text? Thanks so much
True..

I’m in my 30s and my parents still check on me and we keep in close contact so maybe our relationship is just not the norm.
I was a teen in the 80s. If we were going somewhere, we would call home collect and ask for Aunt Sue (totally fictitious person) if we got where we were going okay. Dad would hear our voice and know we were okay. I told my husband and when he texts me and ask if I’m okay, I’ll text Aunt Sue.

Off topic:

It is not funny at all but I chuckled at the man wearing suspenders. Here in the U.K suspenders are ladies lingerie. I’m picturing a 300 pound man wearing lingerie driving a black suv.
We don't speak the Queen's English here. Entirely different meaning. I think you call them braces, but these are devices to hold up the pants in lieu of a belt. Their favored by big bellied men as they avoid leather belt rash around the waist. What you refer to I believe is what we Americanos call Garters.

Curious as to why questions are asked about about Keokuk and West Bend ... did you mean West Point, and if so, why Keokuk?

Who does a 20 year old woman usually confide in? A girlfriend. She was in a transitional stage of life -- attending college out of town, where she was exposed to a lot. As far as I know none of Mollie's girlfriends have spoken to the media. Presumably LE has interviewed them.
Two of them actually did...I have no idea where the link is now but it was awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera