Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to how the infrared cameras work, someone posted an interesting article, about the ability to detect a body up to 50 days. I am many posts behind so sorry if it was already discussed. No matter how fast I read I can't catch up

At a bare minimum dad knows when she left. We’re trying to guess whether she went missing during her jog or after, dad knows that. That in itself would reveal a lot about the circumstances. And he might know more than that. And what he speculates is not going to contradict what he knows.

RT’s comments are extremely interesting, especially when he qualified them as “respecting the investigate process”. It leads me to believe he is privy to info we aren’t and has legit reason to think that someone has his daughter...alive.

Every odd and statistic in cases such as these suggest the exact opposite though. Also if he was told by LE they think someone has MT, you have to wonder if his interview was a planned effort in conjunction with them, as in he can legit help get her home safely by speaking directly to the kidnapper(s). It also would fit with the reward money jumping so drastically.

I’m a logical person by nature and logic tells me not to think this way, but hope is piercing through that. Amanda Berry beat the odds. So did Elizabeth Smart. Why not MT?
It was quite the interview I must agree and does appear to be well thought out and perhaps planned. He seems like a remarkable father to pull it together and be able to give it.

Someone mentioned earlier how all the pictures of Mollie are of her smiling and laughing. They should put that one serious, very different-looking picture of her from her VSCO on the missing posters. Just because she might not be smiling and laughing right now.
What does VSCO mean please? And do you have a link to that picture?

To be fair, with the amount of substance that’s been in the PC’s, it’s like not having one anyway...
Seems like they had nothing to share and so rather than have a nothing press conference they decided to have the father go on tv and give the interviews that he did. The father (as usual) did extremely well. Such an impressive man.

It it's *not* someone in her extended circle of friends, this would be the first place I would look hard.

Yes, and individuals from school may be another place. I thought I had heard in the interview towards the end, that the father mentioned getting her back to school. Another poster had mentioned (and I don't remember who) that perhaps the interview was carefully scripted, and I thought it was interesting that he chose to say getting her back to school, instead of getting her home. Perhaps he was speaking to someone who relates to the importance of school. Of course it could simply be what came to his mind knowing that she is in school. Just thoughts, JMO

Exactly. And the family needs to be careful about selling that theory. Because it is what it is, whatever that is. The public and the media might lose interest and maybe turn on Mollie. Thinking she's just off somewhere "taking a break." I'm already seeing it. Which is really sad if she's passed on and a murderer needs to be taken off the streets. And Mollie still needs to be brought home.
I could be that less interest is exactly what’s needed. It totally makes sense that if Mollie and Person Unknown are in way over their heads and trying to find a way to come back they’ll be more likely to do it if things cool down a bit.

Last edited:
The only thing I'll add to the FBI discussion is that there is a political dimension to it. I'm sure the agents are working their darndest to solve this...but those sleuthers/readers in the UK may not realize, that the FBI has taken a beating in the court of US public opinion over the course of the last year (no time/need to explain why), and this case represents a return to good ole J Edgar Hoover type crime fightin.' Now lets hope the hard work pays off

Seems like they had nothing to share and so rather than have a nothing press conference they decided to have the father go on tv and give the interviews that he did. The father (as usual) did extremely well. Such an impressive man.

His statements are very interesting. Will be interesting to see what it looks like moving forward.

One case that this reminds me of is a MP case several years back where a competitive runner disappeared on a jog and a week or so later was discovered locked in a portajohn on an idle construction site, dead. He'd become physically ill from an undiagnosed heart condition during the run, went to the john and passed away. But since he was a well-respected member of the community, much of the speculation was that he fled to take some time away. I doubt there's anything unattended or underutilized in town that hasn't already been searched, but it took a surprisingly long time to find him in a well-populated suburban area, simply because the site wasn't high traffic, even though it was within a few hundred yards of his suspected route.

Related to this, I haven't seen any speculation along these lines: maybe she went to someone's house along the route, entered willingly, and the pings were part of a coverup after the fact. That could explain ambiguity around the timeline (for instance, knowing she was in town for some period of time, but not a specific location) combined with a different timeline around when the hog farm pings were picked up.

More speculation: could she have gone out to the nature area with a friend to get high and things went bad there? Friend panics, or she panics, and the coverup (mutual or otherwise) starts there? It's not uncommon in Iowa for folks to drive out into the country to smoke. This might relate to the "side of Mollie we don't know about."

Also, reports were that her driver's license was at home, but wouldn't she have also had a passport for the upcoming trip? Has that been accounted for?

Yes, the passport was left at home too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member