Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a PC on Friday is about the same as having it on the 12th of Never...we will get the same info.

I wonder if they elected to delay because they have a strong lead they are working on, which they couldn't reveal today and would have nothing really to add to the nothing really of the last PC, and hoping by Friday there will be a breakthrough?

Without victim blaming when I read the article and "hear" the tone the loved ones express, I question how they could respond in such a context. What are they thinking and how could they say that? They are going to make her "relive what they are going through". In their most loving & joking way they hold her some part responsible.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I am so happy someone else thought the comments from her brothers was odd...if not, downright mean. jmo
I don't know. I totally could relate to their comments. I think instead of dwelling on the fact that it's quite likely she's never coming home and if she does she's going to have a lot to work through after a really difficult ordeal (even if she left voluntarily which would open a host of other issues) they are joking to keep it light and manageable. I can see saying something like 'well when Mollie gets back she's going to unload the dishwasher for a month because she's missed her turn so many times' etc. The reality is that if Mollie comes home alive they aren't going to do any of those things. They are just trying to cope.

bbm

We really have no new info so we keep going round and round until we drive ourselves crazy. Every little gesture or twitch, every little statement by anyone connected to the case, every rumor, is minutely dissected. We can speculate until the cows come home about what happened, but until we know what we don’t know, it’s all guesswork. That being said, it makes the most sense to base our theories on what we have been told by LE as more or less fact and by family and eyewitness statements and mainstream media reports.
This would put her missing between about 7:30 pm Wednesday when witnesses reported seeing her “walking nonchalantly” or jogging and 8:00 am the next morning when she didn’t show up for work.
To narrow it further, it appears she was wearing her jogging clothes, Fitbit, earphones, and cellphone because they were not found at her bfs house. She wasn’t known to jog before work so it is likely she was on a jog on the evening she went missing. Until we know when/if she was on the computer doing homework “later in the evening”, we don’t know if she returned home from her 7:30 pm jog. Maybe she did return home, did some homework, and planned to go by Mom’s later to grab a bite and pick up the car. That might be why she remained in her jogging clothes; she was going to make the 1 mile jog/walk to Mom’s. If she headed out a second time at the later hour, it would be darker and there would be less people who noticed her jogging and less people to eyewitness an abduction or to see her hop into a car with someone she knew.
What we do know is that she never did go to her mother’s that night.

Actually, we only know that she did not arrive inside to her mother's house. MT may have jogged the distance to her mother's house, may even have made it to within tens of feet of the property... as we do not know from what location MT went 'missing'.

Don't forget about the snapchat - sometime that evening after jogging - her boyfriend opened it at 10 or 10:30pm depending on the news article - I still wonder if that photo shows she is somewhere else i.e. not at the house or her mom's. They sure haven't mentioned it that I can find.
I heard the BF say that he said the photo looked like she was inside but he didn't specify if he thought it was his house or not. He made it sound like he didn't know.

I'm still convinced its not actually WC who is the POI but someone close to him who was friends with MT, maybe a son or nephew (we haven't discussed that bc its outside of TOS but we don't actually know who else lives or is staying on this property, and if its just the "ping" that brought them there yet they haven't found reason to name him a suspect than it leads me to believe he is not the only resident. In fact, perhaps the reason they took pictures of the inside of his home was to show DJ and see if any of it looked familiar from MT's snap. This relative of his could be gone from the property and WC is covering for him and they know that but without evidence of a crime they can't charge him with an accessory to a crime, yet. And without WC (or any other relative) to claim they are worried about this persons whereabouts, they can't really release his name as a missing person.

There are aspects of this case that bother me.

<respectfully snipped>

This ones interesting. Is it possible that the FBI RECOGNIZED certain aspects of the case as being connected to another case or several unresolved cases??

BBM

That has been my thinking, I don't think it's ordinary practice for the FBI to have 30-40 agents at any given time working on the case of a missing girl - unless they feel it's connected to other unsolved cases.

I have a problem with WC (pig farmer) ...not taking a polygraph. Plus..Remember..the police are being tight lipped about the results of the fitbit info...I think this is all very significant

I've said this before but not only am I an attorney, but my colleagues jokingly call me the firm girl scout since I am a stickler for best practices and legal ethics, and I would never take a polygraph. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I am sure I would fail no matter what the questions were. I have seen conference videos of me when someone caught me off guard and asked me questions about my very specialized area of practice and I looked so nervous and twitchy you would have thought I was a bum off the street instead of an expert in the field. Pop psychology and TV body language experts start with an expectation of complete neurotypicality. What they say makes for good drama but it's completely meaningless if you have a person with an underlying anxiety, mood, or sensory disorder.

Last edited:
A van drives by - two people in it - one of them jumps out - grabs MT - throws her in the van; door is sliding shut as the van is driving away.

15 seconds elapsed time????
I agree but part of me wants to think somebody would notice a creepy van rolling around the neighborhood. When I was kid adults would tell us too watch out for creepy vans

BBM

That has been my thinking, I don't think it's ordinary practice for the FBI to have 30-40 agents at any given time working on the case of a missing girl - unless they feel it's connected to other unsolved cases.

That's what I just posited as well. I'm leaning more and more toward this. My dad is LE so I will get his insight and see what he thinks

The time frame is at least semi narrowed down, from last sighting of her jogging near 7:30pm on 7/18 to no response to text from brother around 7:30am 7/19. That means it was either likely while jogging or from the house. IMOO

I am still perplexed over what resulted from the sighting on 2nd Street heading west towards Casey's between 8.30-9.30pm of a jogger who strongly resembled her in every detail and which the spotter posted on the Sheriff's board? Nothing heard about this, just the last earlier sighting by the neighbour.

bbm

Actually, we only know that she did not arrive inside to her mother's house. MT may have jogged the distance to her mother's house, may even have made it to within tens of feet of the property... as we do not know from what location MT went 'missing'.
Yes, thanks, that’s what I meant. Didn’t word it properly.

Leanne Bearden. Almost the same case as this. Happy, world traveler. Went for a walk, disappeared for 3 weeks. Found hanging in a tree in a nearby yard. Nobody saw that coming.

Few see things like that coming but there were definitely signs:

As the trip neared its end, Josh started to notice subtle changes in his effervescent, upbeat wife -- changes that went unmentioned on the couple's travel blog. A dark and restive demon gnawed at the inner depths of Leanne, a demon that Josh felt gained strength from "physical changes" and "hormonal issues" she had been experiencing for months. She had dropped significant weight.

"I sensed the depression about two weeks before we came home. She said she was starting to feel really anxious about going home. I think she was just nervous about going back into normal American life," Josh said.

Josh recalled that social media actually made Leanne's anxiety worse. He stressed that everyone posts happy messages online and that when Leanne checked in on the Internet, all the social chatter ended up depressing her. "Nobody says 'I'm having a terrible day' on Facebook."

Josh's Story:

Just like the case that someone mentioned last thread of the young, attractive, college student and runner who jumped off a parking garage.

She actually has been exhibiting a lot of depression and has talked to her parents about it.

It's possible that there have been signs in this case. But we haven't been made aware of them.

I don't know. The amount of time that's passed and the apparent focus of LE have made me veer away from that possibility. But you never know I guess.

Looking at a town map, I see Casey's General Store, a True Value Hardware store, a Classic Deli. The Deli closes at 8, Casey's is open until 11, the hardware store closes at 6. What else? Who was in town that night who might have seen Mollie, or who may have been captured on surveillance video?

I have a problem with WC (pig farmer) ...not taking a polygraph. Plus..Remember..the police are being tight lipped about the results of the fitbit info...I think this is all very significant
Well, he does have a criminal history and polygraphs are really not reliable. He could be completely innocent when it comes to Mollie, but worried about something else coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for logging in to do her homework, how do we know she didn't login on her phone? I'm envisioning she's out on her jog or walking to moms and friend drives up and invites her to hang out or grab dinner, she goes and at some point says "oh I need to check on something for my class real quick" and logs in on her phone. She's out, sends a snap to DJ from wherever she is, and some point in the late evening things spiral into whatever we have today (abduction, murder, we don't know).

My thinking always used to be that after the first 12 hours, if they weren't found then they were most likely deceased. After the Duggard girl was found years later and the girls that Castro had, I began to change my mind. What really threw me for a loop was Kibby. A random abduction, on a busy street, people all around, middle of the afternoon, he lived in a trailer park in close proximity to other people and went to work every day, even got arrested for drug possession and had friends over and AH was right there. So I do believe Mollie could be alive and captive somewhere and I just pray she hangs in there until she can be found.

And that serial killer who shot the boyfriend and then kept the girlfriend chained by the neck in a container on his property? The guy who committed mass murder at the motorcycle dealership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member