Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never consent to a polygraph. They are junk science and no good will come of it.

I disagree. They are an effective psychological investigative tool in interviewing people and very helpful in ruling people out, even though they aren't scientifically sound. (Neither is profiling and neither is LE gut instinct, BTW).

If a loved one of mine went missing I would do everything in my power to help find them including taking a polygraph.

Good comes of them often. The results can help LE focus more on someone or less. From the perspective of LE and the innocent loved ones of missing or murdered people, lots of good can come of them.

And they aren't admissible so they can't be used to find someone guilty of a crime.

all the public has is the picture that has been painted for them. that picture is incomplete at best.

do we know how she felt about being left at home while everyone else from the house went together? in the past it has been infuriating to me for spouse to go out of town for work and work partners having wives go with them, but here I was left at home because someone had to take care of business here. I knew he had to go, I knew it all was logical, I knew and agreed I had to stay but I was beyond mad the whole time for some of the out of town trips. some times even a I will be compliant and stay but you will regret it kind of thought. not that I even done anything great to make him regret it, but the feeling more than a thought or intent was there.

Frankly, I don't have a solid opinion about what has happened to Mollie.
I have nothing much to base any opinion on.
She may have been abducted.
It may have been a stranger
It may have been someone she knows
It may be someone that her friends or family know.

One thing I do have an opinion on.
If LE are convinced she was abducted, I don't believe they know where she is or even if she is still alive
They may have a POI that they are keeping to themselves because of lack of evidence or reasons regarding her safety or finding a body.
But in my opinion, if they knew where she was, they would bring her back

I don't get the impression that LE is "speaking" to a particular person when doing a PC
All just my opinion based on knowing nothing other than she is gone

Frankly, I don't have a solid opinion about what has happened to Mollie.
I have nothing much to base any opinion on.
She may have been abducted.
It may have been a stranger
It may have been someone she knows
It may be someone that her friends or family know.

One thing I do have an opinion on.
If LE are convinced she was abducted, I don't believe they know where she is or even if she is still alive
They may have a POI that they are keeping to themselves because of lack of evidence or reasons regarding her safety or finding a body.
But in my opinion, if they knew where she was, they would bring her back

I don't get the impression that LE is "speaking" to a particular person when doing a PC
All just my opinion based on knowing nothing other than she is gone

Good points!

The only fact we - the public - know is she's gone.

We were in anchorage as that happened. Sad and locals looked hard for her. I think if I remember right the coffee stand was in Muldoon.

They caught Isreal Keyes in Texas using her atm card. And he turned out to be a serial killer. Took the easy way out and committed suicide in jail. They found her in a lake north of anchorage. I think they connected him to 5-6 murders but suspected many more. Jail personnel were fired over his death. The fbi didn’t get to finish interviews with him. Evil and sad for everyone. Shocking as well. Alaska may be the largest state, but the entire population is about 670,000. Word travels like wildfire up there, but I can tell you the generosity of people us second to no where. If I needed help it was as close as my phone. And for 25 of 35 years I lived there
cell phones were non existent. People really watch out up there because it takes a split second wrong choice and you’re in trouble. Alaska was a great place to raise a family and have the best most generous people in the world.
I worked as a barista during the same time that she disappeared, just down the road. I actually saw Isreal Keyes in my coffee shop once. It was a very scary time to be a young women working late at night. We didn't know if there was a serial killer on the loose, we didn't know where Sam went or who took her. Anchorage is a generally safe town to live in, and Alaska in general always feels like a world away from everywhere else. Its always really frightening when something we generally think of as something that wont happen, happens

Here are some of his charges:

August 12, 2009, Harassment 1st degree (aggravated), Poweshiek, Iowa

December 28, 2009, Burglary 3rd degree, Class D felony, Poweshiek, Iowa

March 16, 2010, Harassment by personal contact, Poweshiek, Iowa

July 1, 2010, Violation of No Contact Order, Poweshiek Iowa

February 7, 2011, Violation of PO/No contact, Jasper, Iowa

January 3, 2014 Stalking, 1st offense (Aggravated), Marion, Iowa

May 3, 2015 Harassment 3rd degree, Iowa, Iowa

Marion County Sheriff's Report

This guy has more stalks than a cornfield in August. However, I don't think he is involved in Mollie's disappearance.

Looking at a town map, I see Casey's General Store, a True Value Hardware store, a Classic Deli. The Deli closes at 8, Casey's is open until 11, the hardware store closes at 6. What else? Who was in town that night who might have seen Mollie, or who may have been captured on surveillance video?

The bar. Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

A bartender in Brooklyn, Jamie Manatt, recalled how it was especially “quiet” the night Tibbetts was last seen. She said the FBI later came to her home and questioned whether there were any “unusual” people in the bar that night.

“Usually when people come from out of state, this is where they stop,” Manatt said. “But there were no out-of-town people here in this bar that night.”

In the immortal words of Clara Peller: "where's the Beef"???

If a crime has been committed - how would the public know without the evidence being shared by LE?

Why does the public need to know right now?

I really don't get this. These investigations are delicate. They often involve numerous interviews of suspects who LE carefully cultivate relationships with in order to gain info. How would publicizing that they feel Mollie was the victim of foul play help with that at this stage?

Here's what I wrote previously:

If they are trying to make a perp feel comfortable and that they aren't looking to charge him or her with anything, then they may not say "foul play". That is a loaded term psychologically speaking. I've seen several "interrogations" where they convince the perp that they're on their side, that things can happen "accidentally", that they know the person didn't mean to do anything wrong, etc. Using the words "foul play" can ruin that flow.

I'm sorry. I trust the pros to know more than people on the internet. You have hundreds of highly qualified LE from State and federal agencies involved. They appear to be in consensus. The family is praising their efforts. Yet people continually demand to be in the middle of their investigation.

That baffles me.

all the public has is the picture that has been painted for them. that picture is incomplete at best.

do we know how she felt about being left at home while everyone else from the house went together? in the past it has been infuriating to me for spouse to go out of town for work and work partners having wives go with them, but here I was left at home because someone had to take care of business here. I knew he had to go, I knew it all was logical, I knew and agreed I had to stay but I was beyond mad the whole time for some of the out of town trips. some times even a I will be compliant and stay but you will regret it kind of thought. not that I even done anything great to make him regret it, but the feeling more than a thought or intent was there.

My understanding is that the boyfriend was in one city for his work, and the brother was just visiting the fiance in different city because of *her* work...so it's not like the three of them were together having fun without her.

I worked as a barista during the same time that she disappeared, just down the road. I actually saw Isreal Keyes in my coffee shop once. It was a very scary time to be a young women working late at night. We didn't know if there was a serial killer on the loose, we didn't know where Sam went or who took her. Anchorage is a generally safe town to live in, and Alaska in general always feels like a world away from everywhere else. Its always really frightening when something we generally think of as something that wont happen, happens

That’s scary. Crazy case! The ransom letter with her dead body posed, the fact he took a 2 week cruise after killing her. One of the most bizarre in history for sure.

What is everyone thinking here?

Alive or not? and why?

Any particular reason they are thinking she is alive?

Normally, it's 50-50... but in this case, with the FBI being brought in very early, I think she was abducted and did not necessarily go voluntarily... at least after the initial encounter with someone she knew. In abductions, there is only a 10% chance of survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove