Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think aggravated stalking is when you stalk someone, but you were already annoyed.

Kidding.
Ha ha!
On the official end of things, 'aggravated stalking' is more serious than 'stalking' in general. and is a felony in some states.
Not sure about IA law, but NM state statute defines it this way (link below to source):
[Excerpt]:
Unlike harassment and stalking, aggravated stalking is a felony level offense only. The district courts, therefore, have exclusive jurisdiction to preside over these cases. Basically, aggravated stalking is stalking which is conducted in specific ways. As provided in §30-3A-3.1, aggravated stalking consists of stalking perpetrated as follows:
  • The defendant knowingly violates a permanent or temporary order of protection (except that mutual violations may constitute a defense);
  • The defendant acts in violation of a court order setting conditions of release and bond;
  • The defendant is in possession of a deadly weapon; or
  • The victim of the stalking is less than 16 years old.
Aggravated Stalking Statute — Judicial Education Center

G
I disagree. They are an effective psychological investigative tool in interviewing people and very helpful in ruling people out, even though they aren't scientifically sound. (Neither is profiling and neither is LE gut instinct, BTW).

If a loved one of mine went missing I would do everything in my power to help find them including taking a polygraph.

Good comes of them often. The results can help LE focus more on someone or less. From the perspective of LE and the innocent loved ones of missing or murdered people, lots of good can come of them.

And they aren't admissible so they can't be used to find someone guilty of a crime.
In general, at the beginning of a case, it is your response to your "willingness to consent" that investigators weigh also. They try to clear people in many investigative ways with multiple methods (interviews, background checks, social media reviews, relationship dynamics, etc.). The investigators want to help clear as many people initially as possible to help bring a missing person home. It is one tool used to rule them out and rule them in (or somewhere in-between). Research shows that most of us given the circumstances would not enjoy multiple federal and state agencies investigating us so we want to be clear and be as helpful as possible. No, one item is used to charge someone. These tools that help with complicated cases under extremely important timeframes. Such as this community, we want her home and want to help. If, the government would not show up again and cameras most of us would take ten. WC is entitled to say no but that will not help him get cleared. I am not sure why one would agree to be on camera and be helpful but then not be helpful.

I don't watch press conferences. Truth is not a priority in mainstream news. And since DD2013 was passed, they basically say what they want to say. Whatever works for the investigation.

We really can't know how she, or even we, would react.... Imagining while under no real stress or real threat what we would or should do is just never going to be the same processing and decision making event that being caught off guard by an actual perpetrator will be.

I edited the whole quote to get to the essential idea we all must fact. Under pressure we may not know ourselves, but we may suddenly act in a way we did not plan.

The classic example of this is the guy who, in public forum, asked how could the assailant in California "Golden State Killer" case take control of an adult male when there was a gun in the house. The assailant identified the man who asked the question, went to his house, brought him under control, and then raped the victim's wife. The man who asked the question was fully confident he could defend against an intruder, until it happened.

Mollie's parents are estranged. I believe the unconfirmed facts as we know them support Mum's theory that Molly disappeared after 7:30p in her jogging clothes, and she did make it back to BF house.

But they also confirmed she was doing homework into the night..........SO did she run to someones house? and do homework there?

In regards to WC and the stalking, remember that a guilty please is to a lesser charge - so it is possible his charges were much worse.

I don't think LE owes us anything.
I don't feel I have the right to know everything LE know.

But, I find it a bit unusual that LE are keeping things like timeline away from the public
Not real sure about what she was wearing.
Don't really know about the red shirt.
Have no idea how she was getting to work , who was picking her up. Maybe she was getting the car?

In all the cases I have PERSONALLY followed, LE puts out more information.

Does it help?
I haven't a clue
Me too - it seems the whole group of LE - FBI, State Investigators and local aren't saying anything. I believe they do have the Iphone data - text messages, calls, etc. the FitBit data which may tell them how long the run was and perhaps even the Snapchat timeframe. That is a lot of potential information and there has to be a reason they won't release any of it. They won't even confirm they have some of it other than the FitBit. My guess is they think she is being held and to release anything will upset the potential return of her. When we searched for Caylee Anthonly we knew it was a body. They stopped all the local searches pretty quick from what I have read and there are not any calls for volunteers to search. I'm holding on to hope for her return.

I have a problem with Wayne Cheney (pig farmer) ...not taking a polygraph. Plus..Remember..the police are being tight lipped about the results of the fitbit info...I think this is all very significant

Lawyer sites will tell you never to take a polygraph even if you’re innocent. Multiple reasons for that. He allowed everything else except that, which seems pretty cooperative. I wouldn’t write him off, per my previous posts, but it’s never wise to take a polygraph from what I have researched.

I wonder if Mollie posted on any of her SM sites that she was going to be babysitting the dogs while the other occupants of the home were gone.
Mollie, apparently, lives there. So, "babysitting the dogs" , imo, was a bit misleading. (If you live there, one can hardly call it 'dog sitting'.) Perhaps they were reluctant to state that Mollie lived with her boyfriend

I think people want to get something when they give something. If they only get a little it renews their passion and curiosity and drive to help.

So you're saying people who have given info will stop because they want more info from LE?

Or that people in that area who might actually know something won't have the passion to divulge it because LE are tight lipped?

It's kind of clear they don't need help from anyone at this moment except people who actually may know something.

They have actual professionals, over a hundred of them, profilers, investigators, people with all the information, working this case. We may think we know better than them but I really think they don't need the general public's help to work this case.

Why does the public need to know right now?

If they are trying to make a perp feel comfortable and that they aren't looking to charge him or her with anything, then they may not say "foul play". That is a loaded term psychologically speaking. I've seen several "interrogations" where they convince the perp that they're on their side, that things can happen "accidentally", that they know the person didn't mean to do anything wrong, etc. Using the words "foul play" can ruin that flow.

In a way this reminds me of the first and second question Border Control asks you if you have ever left the country and drive back in. I lived in San Diego for a few years and my friends and I would travel down to Baja for a fun night. Sometimes we drove. Every single time we drove back into the U.S., the first question was, "What country are you a citizen of?" Seems like a totally random question to ask. Next question was the serious one, "What were you doing there and how long were you?". I asked a BP Officer about it once, he told me it throws people off. Easier to spot the ones lying when you come back with the second question. The determining question.

I'm sure there's a reason and method as to the 5-10 minutes, etc.

Haven't weighed in in a while, but as far as the search between Guernsey and Deep River and the questioning of WC, what if Molly was kidnapped and taken to this particular location for a hand-off to someone else, maybe someone else who paid to have this done? I hadn't seen this theory posited but admittedly I am behind on the threads. Just thinking of something that would explain the nervousness but adamance that LE wouldn't find Mollie on his property.

I caught Gray Hughes on YouTube the other night and one interesting thing he figured out were there are two cell towers North and South of WC's property. I didn't know how they worked exactly, but he explained it. The two circles of coverage barely overlap between both towers, which would point out that if they did indeed track the phone, the North part of the north tower would pick up the signal, then the East part of the north tower would pick up the signal as the phone traveled South, and at some point the south tower would pick up the phone, etc. Pretty interesting stuff.

Susan Constantine, a psychologist body language expert and the author of “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Reading Body Language,” spoke with Nancy Grace on Sunday, and described how she thought 56-year-old Wayne Cheney, who lives around 15 miles from the area Mollie disappeared from, seemed to only be concerned for himself while he spoke to local Iowa station, WHO13.

“If you listen to him when he’s talking, he’s talking about how it’s affecting himself,” Constantine said. “He’s not at all concerned about what happened to the victim.”

Constantine also touched on Cheney’s body language during the interview, which to her, seemed to be movements of deception.

“He has this increased anxiety, which is causing all these physiological responses of itching the ears to adjusting his glasses, to stroking his hair, to, you know, crossing his arms and uncrossing them. So what happens is that, when you’re under anxiety, it increases blood flow and causes irritation to his capillaries. Those are all deceptive indicators.

Mollie Tibbetts Mystery: Body language expert analyzes hog farmer’s interview, says he’s nervous and shows deception

Hope it’s ok to post this here and I apologise if it has already been posted. I have the same concerns the body language has. But law enforcement has not charged WC with anything or indicated he is connected with Mollie’s disappearance so he should be presumed innocent.

While I can agree with some of her observations, I also believe that many people are just simply anxious when being questioned by LE, suffer from generalized anxiety, or become anxious at the thought of a crime committed near your property. JMO

But they also confirmed she was doing homework into the night..........SO did she run to someones house? and do homework there?

In regards to WC and the stalking, remember that a guilty please is to a lesser charge - so it is possible his charges were much worse.

I don't believe LE confirmed she was doing homework, the neighbor who reported seeing her on her run said that is what they told him.

Hey all, have been keeping up but not posting on this case. I know lately there has been questions on if anyone thinks she left on her own or if she were abducted. This is just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I need to wear contacts to see, I would and could leave my home without almost anything I own, except my contacts. This sticks out like a sore thumb to me that she left without them. Unless she had a backup pair that no one knows about, I cannot see her leaving freely without them.

I think this is spot on. I recall a crime show where husband said wife was sleeping and when they did autopsy they found her contacts in.

I find it interesting that dad is quoted as saying "no one went into that house to hurt her" in an article in the Daily Mail today while mom says she doesn't think she returned from her jog. Which is it?

Reward for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts hits $260,000 | Daily Mail Online

IMO, they are saying the same thing. The mother stated whatever happened to MT did not occur in the house, as she did not/was unable to return to the house and the father stated "no one went into that house to hurt her", which could be interpreted to mean whatever happened to MT did not occur within the house.

Last edited:
So you're saying people who have given info will stop because they want more info from LE?

Or that people in that area who might actually know something won't have the passion to divulge it because LE are tight lipped?

It's kind of clear they don't need help from anyone at this moment except people who actually may know something.

They have actual professionals, over a hundred of them, profilers, investigators, people with all the information, working this case. We may think we know better than them but I really think they don't need the general public's help to work this case.
I find your comment extremely unfeeling. Communication is important to people. When something dire has happened nearby, the people are often desperate for answers. And in a small community, each member often feels like family.

I totally botched my previous post. My apologies. In an attempt to clean it up:

Why does the public need to know right now?

If they are trying to make a perp feel comfortable and that they aren't looking to charge him or her with anything, then they may not say "foul play". That is a loaded term psychologically speaking. I've seen several "interrogations" where they convince the perp that they're on their side, that things can happen "accidentally", that they know the person didn't mean to do anything wrong, etc. Using the words "foul play" can ruin that flow.

In a way this reminds me of the first and second question Border Control asks you if you have ever left the country and drive back in. I lived in San Diego for a few years and my friends and I would travel down to Baja for a fun night. Sometimes we drove. Every single time we drove back into the U.S., the first question was, "What country are you a citizen of?" Seems like a totally random question to ask. Next question was the serious one, "What were you doing there and how long were you?". I asked a BP Officer about it once, he told me it throws people off. Easier to spot the ones lying when you come back with the second question. The determining question.

I'm sure there's a reason and method as to the 5-10 minutes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch