Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the video where she is speaking about prayer I hear a lot of comments from her about breathing too. I still wonder if she was takeing a exercise induced asthma preventer. I tried asking before and didn't know if I could say the name of the one that I know can lead to personality changes and out of normal behavior but I am going to put its generic name here now and delete it if it isn't allowed. Montelukast

A poster linked to this Heavy.com article today. Thanks. When I read it I came across this part:

"When a Facebook user named Danielle Marie Buck asked Cynthia, “Have you tried logging into her fitbit account and tracking her,” Cynthia said that she and her family definitely tried. Cynthia stated that, “We tried that Weds night. We even called them. The local police are working with them now and have asked that we not log into it as it will make things more difficult."

Surely DJ's mom is misspoke when saying Wed night. This was before Mollie was reported missing. Have we discussed this and I missed it?

The bar. Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

A bartender in Brooklyn, Jamie Manatt, recalled how it was especially “quiet” the night Tibbetts was last seen. She said the FBI later came to her home and questioned whether there were any “unusual” people in the bar that night.

“Usually when people come from out of state, this is where they stop,” Manatt said. “But there were no out-of-town people here in this bar that night.”
I finally found the bar on Google maps - the Front Street Tap. It's next to the post office and across from the True Value hardware store. There's also an ATM close by that's sure to have security cameras. Excellent. LE will have a good idea of what vehicles were in town that night.

I thought I read somewhere that the bf, his brother and brothers fiancé were allowed back in the house. Do you think that would be allowed shortly after she disappeared if there was a potential to find evidence in there?
That is correct. We were never told exactly when and if the house was processed. I would think the house was and we were never told exactly when they were allowed back in.

As you share and discuss this case, I would caution about how many details you put about yourself, your relatives on here. This is a public forum and some details should be held a little closer. IMO. While your conditions and locations may seem benign to you to post take a look at the broader view from the lurkers, etc.

A poster linked to this Heavy.com article today. Thanks. When I read it I came across this part:

"When a Facebook user named Danielle Marie Buck asked Cynthia, “Have you tried logging into her fitbit account and tracking her,” Cynthia said that she and her family definitely tried. Cynthia stated that, “We tried that Weds night. We even called them. The local police are working with them now and have asked that we not log into it as it will make things more difficult."

Surely DJ's mom is misspoke when saying Wed night. This was before Mollie was reported missing. Have we discussed this and I missed it?

Great info!

I’m inclined to write off WC as a weird dude who probably acts “suspicious” every minute of his life, and not just when he’s being interviewed by the FBI.

However, yesterday I started to feel a little weird about him. I mean... the fitbit basically died on his property somewhere, somehow. AND he has a history of stalking. IMO that is a little bit of a creepy coincidence. What are the chances that someone threw her fitbit out and it just so happened to land on the property of someone who has a similar background history as the crime being committed? How possible could it be that the hog farm holds some nasty secrets? How possible could it be that the stalking charges were only the ones actually caught by police or turned in by women, and there could be more unreported stuff going on?

On the other hand, stalking charges can be posted by angry ex girlfriends and nasty divorces, so I’m not accusing WC of anything. However I’m saying there is enough creepy coincidence going on that hopefully they search that land VERY well, including finding out if any other girls went missing in the general area over the past 25 years or so.

As far as LE giving him so much attention...I remember a case over in my general area of some teens that went missing, and LE almost immediately honed in on a large piece of property owned by a wealthy family who were parents of a friend of the boys. Sure enough, after weeks of investigation, the boys were found buried on the property. So I tend to believe that often, if LE hones in quickly on a suspicious property, there is a good chance the answer will lie there. It might just take awhile to prove it.
I must have missed the article, do we know for sure the fitbit was found on his property?

Are there any quick acting tranquilizers that may have been used on Dalton's dogs? But which would have very short term effects on the pet? (not noticeable a few hours later)?

~~~ thank you

Why would her mom mention the glasses-contacts if she probably had others?
All the talk about contacts, glasses, and Mollie's vision all came off a Facebook post by the BF Mother. Suffice to say, nobody in LE or Mollie's immediate family has ever collaborated this information, or that Mollie vision severely impaired without correction. I think it's a non-issue, especially in current time.

You know, the father pleading with a perpetrator - rather methodically mind you - to "not escalate this any further" seems to be coordinated with and approved by LE beforehand. In many cases like this, LE will "coach" a loved one based on a criminal's profile, whether the perpetrator is possibly known or entirely unknown. So, while true that it may be someone she knows, it is also quite likely that this could be a serial predator that LE knows very well (re: whether he grooms, how he abducts, how to tug at his strings, whether he keeps his victims alive for a time, etc.). With dozens to hundreds of agents responding (swarming) so quickly, it seems that they could have an inside line on a local (or regional) perpetrator with similar markings.

JMO.

In the immortal words of Clara Peller: "where's the Beef"???

If a crime has been committed - how would the public know without the evidence being shared by LE?

It's kind of fitting with a name like Mr. Obvious, but you answered your own question there. The fact that LE is so involved is a pretty good indication that a crime has been committed.

As you share and discuss this case, I would caution about how many details you put about yourself, your relatives on here. This is a public forum and some details should be held a little closer. IMO. While your conditions and locations may seem benign to you to post take a look at the broader view from the lurkers, etc.
Absolutely solid advice. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about this site is that it allows lurkers. I would be much more comfortable if every person viewing the site had to be registered. Maybe there is a reason for this but I am not sure what it is.

Of course he said he couldn't say because he's not involved in the investigation but in every case like this, LE is looking for connections. I have no doubts they are looking for any similarities between this case and other disappearances/murders in the area. IMO it seems too perfect to be the work of an amateur

Thanks, and agreed, swiping someone and leaving no evidence at all of it does not seem to be the work of a first-timer. If she were grabbed off the street and physically forced into a vehicle, her phone/armband remained intact, neither earbud came out, no yelling or other distress sounds reported.

People saw her walking/jogging but no one seemed to see her headed back to the BF house or saw any signs that she was taken, at least not that we're aware of.

I was very appreciative of Otto's map making, I wish we could nail down where she might have been if her walk/jog ended 15 minutes after it began, as Mortvedt mentioned a while back.

I don't know what to think about this case anymore. It's like nothing I've ever seen, TBH.

Do you think that it's possibly they believe that Mollie conspired with someone to disappear as some sort of scam? (Note: I DON'T think this is what happened, I'm just trying to make sense of everything)

It's kind of fitting with a name like Mr. Obvious, but you answered your own question there. The fact that LE is so involved is a pretty good indication that a crime has been committed.

I do feel that some kind of crime has been committed here, however,LE gets involved when people are missing. Not all missing people are the result of a crime

All that matters is if the 1 person who took her has a gun. Who cares what percentage of people in the area have them? Someone looking to kidnap someone is pretty likely to have a weapon, I'd say more likely than the average resident of any area so local stats don't really pertain to them.

Do you have a link that the kidnapper is pretty likely to have a weapon? I'm just asking because I'm curious and I can't find any data on it. In most cases I can think of the kidnapper just overpowered the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298