Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I was as optimistic about the reasoning for Friday’s presser. I think it’s to update the reward money, and let us know they might have to scale back the manpower, but how the couple remaining on the case will follow every tip they get.
I’m no fun.

I think that’s what they want you to believe so it’s a really big deal Friday and what a great job they’ve done on the investigation. Why spoil the surprise

I wish I was as optimistic about the reasoning for Friday’s presser. I think it’s to update the reward money, and let us know they might have to scale back the manpower, but how the couple remaining on the case will follow every tip they get.
I’m no fun.

same.

I also think WC is just a witness of some kind.

Apple can’t/won’t unlock phones because their security features have been built to thwart hackers. A private citizen could never request Apple to unlock a phone as only LE and official government entities could legally make this request, and have any hope of Apple being willing/able to comply.
I doubt this applies to Mollie, and if it does LE has surely been down this road: my family has four iPhones and a family account so if one of us buys an app we can all install it. Wife and I have access to all devices (including each other’s) and iCloud backup. Also a shared password manager where wife and I can get any family password. When needed it’s incredibly easy for us to get into any family account or device without a warrant. I can even almost “clone” one of the phones by restoring the iCloud backup to another phone. I did that once and was surprised that all messages were backed up and restored on the new phone as well.

We need proof/evidence... SOMETHING.. We really have nothing to go on after 3 weeks .. There isn't any proof or solid evidence she was taken by friend or foe, murdered, suicide, being held captive somewhere or simply walked away from her life as MT.

No proof other than she was here one day, and then gone the next.

I doubt this applies to Mollie, and if it does LE has surely been down this road: my family has four iPhones and a family account so if one of us buys an app we can all install it. Wife and I have access to all devices (including each other’s) and iCloud backup. Also a shared password manager where wife and I can get any family password. When needed it’s incredibly easy for us to get into any family account or device without a warrant. I can even almost “clone” one of the phones by restoring the iCloud backup to another phone. I did that once and was surprised that all messages were backed up and restored on the new phone as well.
They don’t have her phone to even request it be unlocked in the first place.

If that VSCO account is legit, it does appear that she could have been struggling with some degree of mental/emotional discomfort. Some of those posts - including the last picture posted - seemed somber to me. Somewhat "crying out" even.

JMO.

I thought the same thing. She seems a little too smart to be taking pics of herself in a lacy bra and posting on social media. The pics of her sticking her tongue out or ones in her underwear are so “off”. They just don’t fit in. It seems like those would be the type of pics posts a young teen would do not thinking about the impact it has being seen by the world, not a 20 year old psych major.

Great news! Does anyone here know from experience with missing persons cases how press conferences evolve over time in terms of whom attends?

The first PC by LE on their investigation into Mollie's disappearance included behind the podium & speaking: the Sheriff's Office rep (local LE), State Crime Bureau agents/investigators or case managers, with Mollie's parents, brothers and boyfriend in attendance.

The next one had same LE with addition of her dad's new wife but not her brothers.

The next one this Friday could be the same people, or may be just LE?

The same day LE announced the PC scheduled for today was cancelled and rescheduled for Friday (wow, it was only yesterday) there were posts that Mollie's family may be holding a separate PC themselves on Thursday, but not confirmed/can't post a link on MSM or find the thread that posted this.

Just pondering over the shifts in attendance by LE & family at PCs, and if it means anything that would follow a natural progression in missing persons cases that are 3 or so weeks in, and with rewards for info on Mollie's disappearance at 'record highs', whether anyone has any ideas on PC 'strategy" as it were on Mollie's case.
YES, I do. Again, this is because of the murder of my close friends. They were wealthy, all three kids (adults) had jobs. From the first meeting with LE, we had reported them missing. LE asked us how we wanted to do the press. So we were there for the 1st to ask for help in locating. They were found in their car in another town murdered. We were given that delay in the press to allow us to seek privacy and they wanted to arrest the 2 killers before they had any clue. They were def a flight risk. They were also VERY close friends... so this case is starting to make me worry.... I pray I’m wrong

I’m no fun.
I’ll join you in being no fun. This is a high profile case. They are not going to wait 3 days to arrest anyone or to have a grand press conference on a Friday so the perp can sit in jail. If they have someone they will arrest him or her immediately. I personally don’t think they have a single POI and I don’t think they know where she is or exactly how she was taken.

same.

I also think WC is just a witness of some kind.
Oooooh. That's a good thought. Maybe he heard or saw something odd on or around his property the night of the 18th. Could it be that he even called LE over to his house? It would make sense for him to let them search to their hearts desire as much and as long as they wanted to.

Great news! Does anyone here know from experience with missing persons cases how press conferences evolve over time in terms of whom attends?

The first PC by LE on their investigation into Mollie's disappearance included behind the podium & speaking: the Sheriff's Office rep (local LE), State Crime Bureau agents/investigators or case managers, with Mollie's parents, brothers and boyfriend in attendance.

The next one had same LE with addition of her dad's new wife but not her brothers.

The next one this Friday could be the same people, or may be just LE?

The same day LE announced the PC scheduled for today was cancelled and rescheduled for Friday (wow, it was only yesterday) there were posts that Mollie's family may be holding a separate PC themselves on Thursday, but not confirmed/can't post a link on MSM or find the thread that posted this.

Just pondering over the shifts in attendance by LE & family at PCs, and if it means anything that would follow a natural progression in missing persons cases that are 3 or so weeks in, and with rewards for info on Mollie's disappearance at 'record highs', whether anyone has any ideas on PC 'strategy" as it were on Mollie's case.

The father's new wife? Are you referring to the blonde woman who looked rather upset? She was from a Missing Persons org. I saw no other woman there.

accidently done something like this on a android too. don't know how but I had two phones that i couldn't tell apart without calling them.

Seems to me that without the instrument itself, it's only as good as her last iphone backup, (which I believe still allows user to choose what to back up and what to ignore)... I don't have the latest model!

I’ll join you in being no fun. This is a high profile case. They are not going to wait 3 days to arrest anyone or to have a grand press conference on a Friday so the perp can sit in jail. If they have someone they will arrest him or her immediately. I personally don’t think they have a single POI and I don’t think they know where she is.

Agreed. I think if they arrest someone, it'll go down like EAR/ONS did. We log on one morning and are stunned that it's all over and we had no idea anything was in progress. I highly doubt they are arresting WC between now and then and announcing "big news coming!" to tip him off. I don't think he's really involved at all.

LE could have easily coached Dad on what to say in the media in order not to scare perp off from fleeing because he might be a suspect. Maybe in the photos and video footage LE took inside of WC house they noticed luggage, back packs, duffle bags packed so wanted to be careful. LE may have needed more time to stall him. That’s why all Dads interviews about someone she knew which could be 100% false.

JMO

That's interesting - I posted earlier the link where LE already served warrants and were getting data back on FitBit, Facebook, SnapChat and Instagram - IIRC. If they have new subpoenas then there are other websites they want to look at.
I think they want the info from other people's sm also.

So I typed out this long and quite brilliant (if I do say so myself) theory about the type of person that would have known Mollie was home alone that night (not a specific person mind you, just the type of person). So I’m going along, typing it up and thinking “Hey, I’ll get some links to back up some of the small details I’m posting.”

And once I did that, I found a link that blew my theory out of the water :confused:

I was going to mention that it’s possible anyone in town could have known Mollie was alone, even if she didn’t know them. With the brothers in a construction business, in order to make it worth their while to do a job out of town (gas, food, hotels) they probably quite frequently stay gone for several days in a row, and it might be common knowledge around town.

As I’m perusing articles, I came across this one referencing an interview with BJ, Dalton’s brother:

Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted

“Blake Jack told The Associated Press on Tuesday that on July 18, he was visiting his fiancee, Aimee Houghton, in Ames, where she is working this summer. He said his brother was working a job for their family construction company about 100 miles away in Dubuque.”

I did a search of the forum to see if this had been discussed but didn’t really see anything. I thought the fiancé and brother were working out of town together on a job? I figured they were all out of town for the week, but if he was just visiting his girlfriend, I wonder for how long?

I am not trying to sleuth and/or accuse anyone and I hope I’m not crossing the line with this post. I do not feel the BF, brother or fiancé had anything to do with it. But if the brother wasn’t working a job (which he very well could have been, in addition to visiting his girlfriend), that would narrow down the suspect pool my theory is based on. IMO, it would now have to be someone known to someone in the house to have the confidence in knowing Mollie was alone that night. Otherwise, not knowing if/when the brother might be home would be a huge gamble. That is, if she was taken from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98