Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a tidbit from Mollie's father's interview with Shep Smith on Fox News earlier. He asked social media companies to set aside privacy concerns to aid in further developing Mollie's social media footprint. Yes, subpoenas can be served, but it's a lot easier if these companies do it on their own, and perhaps go a bit further than simply providing data on Mollie alone.

I wonder if him asking has any value at all though. She's a legal adult, can her father give up her right to privacy for her?

I wonder if him asking has any value at all though. She's a legal adult, can her father give up her right to privacy for her?
You may be right about it having no value in achieving what he wants these companies to do. I think because of the situation, and it almost certainly being foul play, certain privacy concerns go out the window. No sense in protecting someone’s privacy if all indications are that something bad has happened and a life is at stake.

Or...
Maybe Mollie hitchhiked to California.
Did she even like college? Was she tired of her relationship? Under pressure to get married?
It's a free country....Women do have the option to leave.

You may be right about it having no value in achieving what he wants these companies to do. I think because of the situation, and it almost certainly being foul play, certain privacy concerns go out the window. No sense in protecting someone’s privacy if all indications are that something bad has happened and a life is at stake.

I totally agree, just wondering if it had legal value. I doubt the companies in question are going to go against their policies anyway though. Hopefully they'll give whatever info is needed if subpoenaed.

If that VSCO account is legit, it does appear that she could have been struggling with some degree of mental/emotional discomfort. Some of those posts - including the last picture posted - seemed somber to me. Somewhat "crying out" even.

JMO.

Originally I thought the seemingly enhanced attendance by the FBI was good news, because I though it meant they had a tangible lead from the outset that could be followed through. I had hope for a happy ending (for once).

3 weeks later and I still think the FBI are there for a reason (other than data mining). Unfortunately I now think it’s because MT’s disappeance is part of something larger.

I hope I’m wrong.

Or...
Did she even like college? Was she tired of her relationship? Under pressure to get married?
IMHO, if she left on her own accord, she would have taken her wallet, her ID, some money, her glasses/contacts, and a change of clothes or 10.

Or...
Yes all possibilities, but they are astronomically unlikely. People do walk away and disappear, but not under circumstances like these. She watches her boyfriend’s dogs, goes for a jog, does her homework, and vanishes off the face of the earth. Unlikely at best.

Off topic, but all that has happened with this case has made me wonder if there was some sort of legal form I could willingly sign and give to my personal lawyer that could waive whatever privacy issues might arise if I were ever missing. I would think a missing persons report would be a must, but I would want any social media sites and my cell phone provider to give any and all info to LE.

Just a tidbit from Mollie's father's interview with Shep Smith on Fox News earlier. He asked social media companies to set aside privacy concerns to aid in further developing Mollie's social media footprint. Yes, subpoenas can be served, but it's a lot easier if these companies do it on their own, and perhaps go a bit further than simply providing data on Mollie alone.

Just found the video:

Off topic, but all that has happened with this case has made me wonder if there was some sort of legal form I could willingly sign and give to my personal lawyer that could waive whatever privacy issues might arise if I were ever missing. I would think a missing persons report would be a must, but I would want any social media sites and my cell phone provider to give any and all info to LE.

They can subpoena all that info and get it relatively quickly. Or you could give your passwords to someone, just in case.

Regarding sex trafficking... I feel like the second a woman is missing longer than a week people jump to sex trafficking. Why would traffickers be in rural Iowa picking up a woman over 18 with family, loved ones, and a busy life that is sure to be missed quickly? That makes no sense at all when they can grab a person with no connections in a much more vulnerable place.

This is my theory as well; and she knew them.
Not with dogs in the basement and only items on her person that she usually had while jogging. I’m convinced she likely went out for another run later or it was dark by the time she returned from the first one. Too small of a town for no one to see anything before dark. I feel it was a sexual predator that had been seeing her around this summer or crime of opportunity. Maybe someone living at Holiday Lake that came to town for groceries a couple times a week. Either way, they very likely abducted, assaulted and killed her within a couple hours. Don’t know the stat, but overwhelming majority that is how it goes. Suicide makes zero sense, family member zero sense, runaway with someone zero sense. Still alive? Extremely doubtful

If she left on her own then she is a massive jerk for not contacting someone telling them she alive.

Also, everyone reading into her social media - she is a teen/young woman. What teen/young woman has not hated themselves, their body, their friends, wanted to run away etc. Sometimes just looking in the mirror was enough to kill your spirit - does not mean someone is depressed enough to commit suicide or do this horrible thing to their family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper