Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone commented on this quote from Mollie's dad? I wonder what he meant by "her world is a mess"? Could it be related to the 3-hr phone conversation they had a few days before she disappeared? I'm brand new here, so sorry if this has been discussed, or if I'm violating TOS in some way...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...etts-dad-they-thought-she-was-found-dead/amp/

"She’s smart, she works hard and she is very poised, but her world is a mess and she has attitude and she can’t drive to save her life,” he says of his daughter. “She’s just a young woman like everybody else’s daughter, sister, or girlfriend. She’s not Saint Mollie, is what I’m trying to say. But we need her back.”

I really think he's just trying to make us understand that her life isn't perfect, she isn't perfect, but in no way does she deserve to be in the situation that she is in. Praying for Mollie's safe return.

I looked up the Kayla Brown who was held hostage in SC to see how long it took LE to get access to her cell phone records and if they mentioned privacy issues getting them released.

She was reported missing Aug 31,2017 Found Nov 3, 2017.
(respectfully snipped by me)
3 months of gathering info so they could find Kayla and we're only at week two. This is why I don't see this case as anywhere near getting cold. It would
Has anyone commented on this quote from Mollie's dad? I wonder what he meant by "her world is a mess"? Could it be related to the 3-hr phone conversation they had a few days before she disappeared? I'm brand new here, so sorry if this has been discussed, or if I'm violating TOS in some way...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...etts-dad-they-thought-she-was-found-dead/amp/

"She’s smart, she works hard and she is very poised, but her world is a mess and she has attitude and she can’t drive to save her life,” he says of his daughter. “She’s just a young woman like everybody else’s daughter, sister, or girlfriend. She’s not Saint Mollie, is what I’m trying to say. But we need her back.”
I think he's just trying to show that's she's like so many young women, they seem to have it all together but they have their pratfalls. She's human and she's flawed like everyone else, but even though she's not perfect they need her.

I have to say I think Mollie is close to home. I think this because it makes the most sense under the circumstances.
I wonder in cases like this where someone is abducted and held, what the typical distance is? The Castro girls and AH were quite close to home, Duggard was distance and Smart was too. Any other cases like those and distance from their home?

Technology, at least computer technology, on TV is usually terrible.

I think "Person of Interest" is the show that got it closest.

(Just so you know I always open my eyes and ears when I see you posting on anything technological, due to your title verification here.

That’s what’s so cool about WS, all the different professions and diverse occupations.)

——-

I wonder in cases like this where someone is abducted and held, what the typical distance is? The Castro girls and AH were quite close to home, Duggard was distance and Smart was too. Any other cases like those and distance from their home?

(Oh my gosh I got the wierdest dejavu when I read this, this sounds exaaaaaactly like something I would ask/write, does it not, lol, right up my alley! I love it. Interesting question and avenue.)

I feel that his description is just trying to humanize her to any potential abductor who may have idealized/stalked her. "Her world is a mess" could just be dad-speak for "Fer chrissakes! She's just one year removed from being a teenager!"

JMO.

BBM

Can you tell me where this information came from? Another poster was working on a map the other night and asked me if I knew about a school sighting and unfortunately, I didn't. I would appreciate it so much! :) TIA

Wednesday, July 18

[snip]

7:30 p.m. According to a "reasonable timeline" constructed by authorities, Tibbetts went for a jog around this time and was seen running on the city streets of Brooklyn.

On her run she was believed to be wearing "dark colored running shorts, a pink sports top and running shoes, color unknown," according to Iowa DCI. They are taking a look at any surveillance footage they can find, especially around the three different routes she would normally take. ...[snip]
Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

School is located on Central a couple blocks from Funeral home, and on the last map I believe you reference. Surveillance link removed from Thread #7 or #8 (Individual Twitter of District Employee). Jogging attire in timeline above, however LE will not confirm/deny.

I feel that his description is just trying to humanize her to any potential abductor who may have idealized/stalked her. "Her world is a mess" could just be dad-speak for "Fer chrissakes! She's just one year removed from being a teenager!"

JMO.

Agreed.

(Btw What’s up Doc! Wow long time no see...it’s been like years since I’ve seen you...Mollie’s case is bringing all kinds of old schoolers out of the wooodwork!)

Hi all, first time posting. Have been following Mollie’s case since the beginning. I pray every day that she is found alive. Something about her has made me feel really concerned.

I’ve thought about her dad’s comments regarding a “misinterpreted relationship” and that she’s being held somewhere by a person who never really meant any harm. That’s the only thing he can keep telling himself at this point. I’m a little older than Mollie and don’t have kids, but if she were my own daughter, I could not give up hope on her either. I couldn’t bare to think otherwise, and so I think that’s where those comments are coming from. It’s also possible there are other messages they have been able to read somewhere on her email or social media accounts. And if not, that’s just a dad not giving up on his girl. Which really breaks my heart. It’s all been a mystery for sure and I hope something positive is divulged on Friday.

That's also what I heard.
Thanks, that makes sense. Maybe her dad was misquoted/misunderstood on the "mess", which could certainly have been in reference to her room(s)... totally typical at that age, and ages thereafter. It must have been difficult for her family, bf, LE, etc. to sift through. Glad they've tried, and understand it would be a mess since she had two homes, and was just at both for the summer after her freshman year at college.

OT but I do dislike rewards, in part due to the disparity...i.e some people are lucky to have the $1000 put up by Crimestoppers, most nothing at all and then these “media-friendly” cases where it reaches absurd amounts. I can’t think of any young adult whose reward climbed to this height or even close, who was not what many think of as “mainstream” and “conventionally” attractive i.e photogenic. Not to mention Caucasian...jmo

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts indicates that the Fitbit "pinged" (which is inaccurate in a few different ways but it's close enough) at the hog farm.

Note this could of course be completely incorrect information. However given that they were specifically searching pig farms, I'm not sure which ones, perhaps the Fitbit stopped transmitting near several such farms.
Ok, but Hog Farm doesn't necessarily mean " hog confinement", correct? Isn't there a lot of land? I'm just trying to figure out if it was at the exact location or just near the hog confinement.

Hi all, first time posting. Have been following Mollie’s case since the beginning. I pray every day that she is found alive. Something about her has made me feel really concerned.

I’ve thought about her dad’s comments regarding a “misinterpreted relationship” and that she’s being held somewhere by a person who never really meant any harm. That’s the only thing he can keep telling himself at this point. I’m a little older than Mollie and don’t have kids, but if she were my own daughter, I could not give up hope on her either. I couldn’t bare to think otherwise, and so I think that’s where those comments are coming from. It’s also possible there are other messages they have been able to read somewhere on her email or social media accounts. And if not, that’s just a dad not giving up on his girl. Which really breaks my heart. It’s all been a mystery for sure and I hope something positive is divulged on Friday.
I’ve echoed the same thoughts a few times now. Optimistic loved ones will continue to be optimistic, because that’s the only thing keeping them going. There doesn’t have to be a tangible reason why, no evidence upon which to base their view, they are doing it because they have to. Hopefully they can continue to be this positive, up until the moment they receive their answer, however this ends up.

Thanks for your post, Spectre5, and for joining this forum. Welcome! We're all here discussing Mollie's disappearance because we are concerned about her too.

OT but I do dislike rewards, in part due to the disparity...i.e some people are lucky to have the $1000 put up by Crimestoppers, most nothing at all and then these “media-friendly” cases where it reaches absurd amounts. I can’t think of any young adult whose reward climbed to this height or even close, who was not what many think of as “mainstream” and “conventionally” attractive i.e photogenic. Not to mention Caucasian...jmo

I guess the larger the amount the more tips that come in? If one of said tips lead to her return, then they would get some or all of the reward?

I just finished a recent graduate course on Grief and Loss. Right now, psychology programs are increasing skills for suicide prevention and counseling. It is common for a professor to share music, articles, etc. You even write your own burial service so MT's posting is not surprising at all. It is a preparation process throughout psychology.
This makes sense! I earned a degree in psychology many years ago, and currently there is an increase in suicide among teenagers, as well as depression. Not sure about older kids, or should I say young adults, but it does make sense that there would be a lot more emphasis on suicide now.

I’ve echoed the same thoughts a few times now. Optimistic loved ones will continue to be optimistic, because that’s the only thing keeping them going. There doesn’t have to be a tangible reason why, no evidence upon which to base their view, they are doing it because they have to. Hopefully they can continue to be this positive, up until the moment they receive their answer, however this ends up.
It's not only unreasonable to expect them to NOT to be "optimistic" it makes no sense at all! What a thing to consider doing, if you child has vanished without a trace of incident other than that fact, would anyone really expect them to be like: " Well she must be dead then!" "Let's find the carcass at least"...Really people, they HAVE no sign of injury, it is not merely wishful thinking, or because they can't bare to think the worst. As of YET they have EVERY reason to have hope, and I would be shocked if they just assumed she was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966