Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the type of peson
Bits, well said. Completely agree. Demographics. A man who owns a Christmas tree farm and lots of land or a man who owned and worked/lives on a hog farm his entire life more than likely is not going to be stepping out in a tailored Dolce & Gabbana suit. IMO it makes the person making the negative comment appear to be the less traveled and less educated person.

I have to disagree. WC doesn't just lack social skills and words, he lacks basic human empathy and concern. And I quote "We are wasting OUR time". Not the families time, or LE's time or the time of the news reporter but "his" time. A young girl is missing, she could possibly be in terrible danger. He is completely dismissive and his body language speaks volumes for a man who may or may not have many words. IMO

Last edited:
I said the exact same thing in my first post yesterday. Even if my mother wasn't certain if I was coming, at some point in the evening/night, she would call or text just to verify.

Well, you would think it the norm wouldn't you, and only polite. I have seen others saying here that it was a kind of 'loose' arrangement, and they were 'used' to her casual no-shows. I don't know whether that is supposition or based on something said.

MT's cousin spoke on this in her interview with Nancy Grace. She said that it was actually pretty common for MT to say she was coming for dinner then not. Assumption would be she got caught up taking care of dogs, with homework, etc. Cousin said her not showing up for dinner was not out of the ordinary which is why mom didn't think much of it.
Well, you would think it the norm wouldn't you, and only polite. I have seen others saying here that it was a kind of 'loose' arrangement, and they were 'used' to her casual no-shows. I don't know whether that is supposition or based on something said.

This may answer:

MT's cousin spoke on this in her interview with Nancy Grace. She said that it was actually pretty common for MT to say she was coming for dinner then not. Assumption would be she got caught up taking care of dogs, with homework, etc. Cousin said her not showing up for dinner was not out of the ordinary which is why mom didn't think much of it.

somewhat of a newbie here, can someone point me in the direction of where to hear scanner info?

That was Roger Thompson. To my knowledge, he didn't say she was looking at her phone, just that she had one.

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

"My window's right there, facing the sidewalk and my tv's right there, so I'm sitting there and looking out the window and that's why I noticed her," said Thompson.

Thompson believes he saw Mollie that Wednesday night, and at first, he didn't think much of it.

"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.
If the phone was in the armband, would he notice it? Or was she holding it?

Mollie's cousin MC said her aunt (Mollie's mom) said that it wasn't out of the norm for her to say she was coming for supper and then not come over for supper.

Tuesday Crime Stories: Missing mom Bellamy Gamboa, hear desperate 911 call

Was trying to reply to I’m Someone’s post and my reply got into their quote. It made it look like I hadn’t posted anything but the quote. Sorry! This was what I was trying to say:

Regarding the search warrant for the bf’s house - My thoughts are that because there are 4 adults living in the home, le wanted to cover all bases. Technically an owner could give permission to search, but it becomes a gray area for people who live in the home. Are they paying rent? What is the reasonable expectation of privacy? Better to be on the safe side if they did find evidence as a result of the search. Also did I read upstream somewhere that the house actually belongs to the bf’s brother or his fiancé?

It is bf brother and fiancée's house. Surprised we haven't seen or heard from them, especially as it was after all their house AND Mollie was to play a key role at their wedding too.

Things I want to know:
4. What route did Mollie jog that evening?
5. Who was also in that area?
6. Did the surveillance video provide any clues (parked vehicles, etc.)
7. Did LE find anything during their searches?
All excellent, although hard to have concrete answers on 4&5.

The only problem with the fling theory is that if LE thought this then why send so many FBI agents to work the case.
LE has been through Mollie's digital footprint-looked through her search history, phone logs, etc. I'm not buying the idea of a secondary phone-even if there was one, the FBI would have been all over it.
They know who she spoke to, who she texted, and possibly a lot about where she was for at least part of the evening.
They know when communication ceased. I'm assuming they have interviewed all who came into contact with Mollie before her disappearance, and thoroughly went through the house.
If it were just local LE, I would be more worried that these things were not handled correctly. I think that the FBI has far more experience with tech.

I just signed up for this site.

I am a retired police officer, with over 30 years of experience. Like many others, I am intrigued by this particular case. I have read as much as possible, to become as knowledgeable as I can.

I have kept an open mind, and not jumped to conclusions. I would suggest others do the same.

I feel the two keys to this case are:
information obtained from her cell phone, lap top, social media, etc.
And the Fitbit info.

The fact that she did not take her wallet, personal items with her...
Obviously indicates that she did not intend, to leave the house, for any extended time. If she had left, with someone she knew. Therefore, I don't
Believe she left to "start a new life", as some people have stated. Nor, would she had not refrained from communicating with her parents, after three weeks.

I am very interested in Friday's LE public briefing. IF they have had some solid leads, they certainly wouldn't divulge this info to the public, and possibly compromise their investigation. The fact that LE postponed their public briefing, does not necessarily mean that their investigation has stalled. Any suspect would be watching the media also. Evidence is likely still present, and would not want the suspect to decide to destroy it.

This case seems wide opened to me. I don't know what direction, it might go.

If the phone was in the armband, would he notice it? Or was she holding it?

If it was in the armband, that's iffy and I don't know which arm (I assume right?) she had it on to determine if he could have seen it. Makes me think she was holding it, although he didn't say.

I'm new here but hello to everyone. This case really pulls at me like others. I hope and pray for her safe return. I do think that she will be found one way or another semi soon. With all of this attention that's drawn to it. Has there ever been a case that's been swept up like social media like this...it just keeps spreading it seems. I want to think she's alive...and with someone...or something along those lines.

Dad says no sign of foul play.
Mollie Tibbetts' dad says no foul play at home the night she disappeared

So...since she did not eat supper at her mom's, if she had returned back home, there likely would have been some indication of her having prepared and or consumed an evening meal. Maybe something in the trash or dirty dishes or cookware. Most people I know do not eat an hour before they jog but either way, there should have been some indication of a consumed meal or food prep. If there was not, she either ate elsewhere or disappeared hungry.

Hi all. I was away for the weekend. I skimmed through the threads I missed and saw a lot of "exciting new news, oh phooey it's just rumor or bad reporting." I think I see a press conference has been postponed until Friday? Is there any real news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout