Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure I missed this, but I ha e read all the threads. I am keeping up but it is confusing. On Twitter, she retweeted something and commented on it on 7/17/18 at 10:21Pm
So is she considered missing after that? Sorry if this has been answered.

Any thoughts on the homework she was doing that night? Could it have been some type of clinical study where she was interacting with real people or doing research that required her to interact with some folks that were having some type of issues? I'm thinking that the person that has her is related to school, her major and she was trying to help them - this is why the dad keeps mentioning the relationship and school like he's trying to bring this person back to reality.
She was taking a history class online (mentioned in her SM as she was bummed she had to be studying but her friends were able to be out having fun).

A search warrant would probably be required so as to keep Apple off the hook for what might otherwise be considered invasion of privacy.
I have every confidence in the ability of the FBI to get information from Mollie's phone.

I’m sure I missed this, but I ha e read all the threads. I am keeping up but it is confusing. On Twitter, she retweeted something and commented on it on 7/17/18 at 10:21Pm

She was last seen by family (brother) Wed 7/18 approx 5:30 pm, later seen jogging by neighbors and last contact with her bf was a snapchat he opened at 10pm, time sent is unknown.

I have serious issues as to how this case has been handled by LE. I'd like to know if agents are searching for her anywhere besides Utah. What was so attractive to her about Utah? Were her family prior residents? Is the FBI searching in the state of California and have all hostels been checked? Did anyone send flyers to hostels in CA and or Utah? I am so sorry she has not been found yet. I think of her daily.
Have I missed something? Where are you getting utah and California out of all this?

Her jog was on the evening of the 18th.

If she was supposed to pick up the car that evening, then why does the brother wait until the next morning to text her about the car. Also he had just dropped her off in their shared car at 5:30. She really would go to the house 2-3 hours later to pick it back up? I was always under the impression that she picked up the car in the morning if she needed it. IMOO
It's been reported that Mollie & brother Jake shared the vehicle. If he dropped her off at BF house at 5:30p, it's quite possible he had plans to use the vehicle that evening. Since Mollie did not collect the vehicle Wednesday evening, and it was still there on Thursday morning at the hour she would have left for work, it makes sense he would text her to inquire if she needed vehicle that day. (Reported earlier Mollie also known to drive BF truck to work but truck was not available to her on Thursday). Mollie did not reply to brothers text.

I see it as 8:21pm. Forgive me if this is stupid, but is it based on time zone? Iowa is an hour behind me.

Attachments

• 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 21

Her last Twitter activity is actually 5:04 I think on The Wednesday night, she liked a tweet.

Have I missed something? Where are you getting utah and California out of all this?

The police originally asked for people to keep an eye out on Utah.

Any thoughts on the homework she was doing that night? Could it have been some type of clinical study where she was interacting with real people or doing research that required her to interact with some folks that were having some type of issues? I'm thinking that the person that has her is related to school, her major and she was trying to help them - this is why the dad keeps mentioning the relationship and school like he's trying to bring this person back to reality.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
Calderwood said that a look at the internet history after it was retrieved from Jack's house suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.

Interesting that you found this as I had asked a couple of threads ago if anyone knew when she stopping posting on SM as she seemed to spend lots of time on Twitter and snap. According to the info we have she was last seen in person by her brother at 530 pm on the 18th.

Obviously, it makes sense to cover the more likely scenarios, but I would like to suggest some less likely ones, possibilities that I am not sure I would ultimately support but I am throwing out there anyway.

1. The guy that was watching female joggers and turned himself in, could he have been a scout of some kind? So even though he wasn’t directly involved maybe he was given some sort incentive to provide photos or details of joggers to some other source (e.g., another online creep of some kind, or even a network of creeps). A source perhaps even anonymous to him ... and if that were the case, it wouldn’t be too difficult for him to keep quiet and say he didn’t know anything. It would be true.

2. I beat the drum on this issue in an earlier thread, but what's the deal with the reported burglary that was recorded in the July 17th police log (it was called in on the 16th) just up the road on W Des Moines? If that burglary is still unresolved, it would mean that there are some possible implications. The house in question is another big white house, just like Mollie’s BF’s house ... and it is also on a corner. Was this an abduction where others were given second hand info to nab her (e.g “ She’s in the big white house on W Des Moines”) and they simply went to the wrong house that night? Or was a person in town looking specifically for her, asked for her location and got it wrong (and ended up ultimately getting her outside of her house or jogging at a later time)?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
—Sherlock Holmes​
Q.E.D. - Excellent points and post. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

Yeah I got that same deflating feeling. If it was really important they would not wait. Uggg.
Being a long time sleuther Friday’s are usually when they move in and make an arrest. I suppose they are getting all their paperwork in order and the presser will be after the suspect is in custody. That’s usually how it’s done. Many juror verdicts come back on Friday’s as well. So strange.

I predict WC will be arrested Friday. Im sure they have been interrogating him very hard. I watch so many interrogations on YouTube from past criminals. Perp always starts off with I know nothing, I never met the person, yada yada until they give in. LE has a lot of bargaining power with WC with his criminal rap sheet. It shows his character. Maybe he did other crimes that he never got caught? Goldenstate serial killer here in CA was an ex cop. That means nothing these days. Detectives are good at negotiations. It’s amazing the way they get confessions from perps. Check out some on YouTube. Believe you me those guys know so much more than you think. They are highly skilled and human lie detectors. WC may not have confessed but I bet LE has alot on him.

This is all JMO only. I have a strong feeling this is what’s going down. The Dad trying to throw him off. I’ll check back here on Friday.

I don't like the idea that a PC with more info is announced days in advance in a mysterious missing person case. Hopefully my pessimism will prove unfounded.

It does strike me as very weird to announce days before the conference that they'll give new info. I don't know what to make of it. I can see planning to give new info days before, but why announce it?

New to posting but not to WS, I finally know the answer to something. Twitter shows you the time the tweet was posted per your own time zone, not the time it was for the person posting.
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. And no Newyork625, that was not a stupid question.

Her last Twitter activity is actually 5:04 I think on The Wednesday night, she liked a tweet.

The police originally asked for people to keep an eye out on Utah.
That is a far cry from saying there are searches going on in utah and California

Being a long time sleuther Friday’s are usually when they move in and make an arrest. I suppose they are getting all their paperwork in order and the presser will be after the suspect is in custody. That’s usually how it’s done. Many juror verdicts come back on Friday’s as well. So strange.

I predict WC will be arrested Friday. Im sure they have been interrogating him very hard. I watch so many interrogations on YouTube from past criminals. Perp always starts off with I know nothing, I never met the person, yada yada until they give in. LE has a lot of bargaining power with WC with his criminal rap sheet. It shows his character. Maybe he did other crimes that he never got caught? Goldenstate serial killer here in CA was an ex cop. That means nothing these days. Detectives are good at negotiations. It’s amazing the way they get confessions from perps. Check out some on YouTube. Believe you me those guys know so much more than you think. They are highly skilled and human lie detectors. WC may not have confessed but I bet LE has alot on him.

This is all JMO only. I have a strong feeling this is what’s going down. The Dad trying to throw him off. I’ll check back here on Friday.

Wondering this also...usually a Friday means weekend in jail before bail hearing so they will have more access to the perp and can gather evidence etc before the hearing.

It does strike me as very weird to announce days before the conference that they'll give new info. I don't know what to make of it. I can see planning to give new info days before, but why announce it?
It’s been announced every time. Folks, there isn’t news on Friday. It’s just keeping interest going. If there was big news, the pc would be immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic