Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many threads on this case so please excuse me if this has been asked and covered.

Has any DNA been recovered from this red shirt? Seems like with the technology these days, they could get something from the shirt, especially if it was something she might have been wearing in a stressful situation whether that be a struggle or exercise. They should be able to compare that to DNA found in her house.

Law enforcement knows by now if the shirt was issued by her employer, if it is her size, what trace evidence may or may not be on it and possibly DNA, if the results are back. We will know when and if the time is appropriate.

Qq to LE and atttorneys—if you can’t pull someone in as a suspect yet, but they appear on tv interviews, magazines, etc.. and they appear to have scratch marks on them—can those be used as evidence that holds up later in a trial? Broad question I know but no other way of asking. And would LE be coordinated enough with family and reporters to have them conduct interviews with directed people just to see what they would say? Sorry if unclear. Trying to determine a rationale for what we are seeing or not.

Yes to both. They can absolutely use interviews, photos, etc., that show wounds or demeanor.

And sometimes LE does work with family to get suspects to make statements to the media. We had a recent case like that with a pregnant woman, Laura Wallen, who turned up shot in a field. They had her boyfriend speak at a presser. Even held his hand. He was the culprit and they knew it. Fascinating to watch.

Ok. I was able to view it. I didn't see one thing that remotely suggested this girl was in a bad place emotionally. Her posts were downright tame compared to social media posts of young people in my life (at least the ones who allow me to see their social media).

My young sisters in law? Oh Lord. If people think Mollie's social media showed a hint of depression they'd think my sister's in law were already dead from suicide. Oh the ridiculous laments about boyfriends and friends that have betrayed them and endless, embarrassing posts and poems about their feelings and body image, etc.

Comparatively speaking Mollie seems mature and together. She is studying psych and the suicide issue was huge this summer. Everyone was posting things about suicide on social media.

Not one hint of depression to me.

As to the photos, can I just say how much I hate the stupid tongue photos people do? Ugh. So annoying. But her photos seemed pretty tame.

A stalker might be excited my them though.

I know depression. I have quite a few friends who are artists, musicians and comedians. So of course, quite a few have mental health issues and many are candid about it. I saw nothing suggesting any of that with Mollie. She seems secure.

I will say, however, that many people who are truly suffering emotionally in her generation, hide it. Some of the people we've heard of who've killed themselves didn't show anything to friends or on social media that would suggest sadness of any kind.
After reading so many comments about her SM, I finally cruised over to look. Seriously, I would have thought she was a Mormon, except for 1 or 2 shots. And I write this from deep behind the Gold Plate Curtain. Mollie, moo, is a *delightful* young lady.

LE wont comment on it since its an open investigation
Why is the FBI holding back so much information. The public could help if they knew alot of these facts. I don't understand this at all.

After reading so many comments about her SM, I finally cruised over to look. Seriously, I would have thought she was a Mormon, except for 1 or 2 shots. And I write this from deep behind the Gold Plate Curtain. Mollie, moo, is a *delightful* young lady.

I agree, Mollie looks like a very happy well adjusted young woman. I pray she is found safe.

Actual conversation with my 17 year old:

Me: what is Vee Ess See Oh [spelling out VSCO because what do I know]?
17 year old: [blank stare]
Me: you know, the social media site?
17 year old: [rolling eyes] Oh, you mean Visco [how it is actually pronounced]

I feel old.

Keeping this on topic - I hope today is the day Mollie's loved ones gets answers.

I have two theories and I’m new to the board.

#1 - I believe Mollie was abducted. She did not have her wallet and ID etc with her so if she was going to get a vehicle at any point she would have had that with her to go to work, especially in the morning. LE had pings from her cell and Fitbit data sync that put her on a route out of town headed towards WC and south. This is where the abductor and her may have had to make a quick stop to get her under control and she tried escaping. Maybe she tried getting out and he broke the cell and fit bit and this is about where the red shirt was found also. I think there might have been a struggle somewhere close to WC. I don’t think it was him anymore but more leaning towards the attempted break in at the hardware store which nobody seems to link. I’m not sure if anyone is from a small town of under 1,500 people, but I am. Break in’s just don’t occur. Robberies don’t occur. If they do, they find out who did it. So the fact someone was in town to attempt a hardware store breakin. Makes me think that was the black suv person as well. They saw mollie running and followed her and waited for the right time to take her. The hardware breakin which is usually done by a neighboring town person seems to give some possible credence to a person in town around the time of her abduction.

#2 A second theory is Mollie had a potential sugar daddy while attending U of I and he became possessive and wanted her to leave him. Many at the U of I have them. Dalton was out of town and she made plans to leave with him for a while and an argument happened and she never came home. The run was 15 min which tells me she was picked up along the route in theory by someone. The black suv thing could be his and she knew him so got in.

I like your first theory but about her being abducted while running, now seems less likely because of the timwline LE provided. They now think she made it back home since she send a snap and worked on her computer till 1030pm. Also when she went running she was wearing a sport bra not the red shirt that was found and LE have not disclosed if the shirt belongs to MT or not but mom said she had her two red shirts so a red shirt is not missing (it could belong to someone else)

Just brought up Brooklyn Iowa on Google maps and decided to take a drive in the Google car. It plunks you down right at the house where she was staying (weird) I recognized it from Inside Edition piece I had just watched. Interesting to drive around a bit to see the lay of the land. It was so remote the Google car didn’t go far down the dirt roads close by. To me that’s too remote to go jogging....scary to see that actually.

I have thought from the beginning that this was a random encounter..that Mollie didn't know the person..but I can understand her dad hoping that someone she knew took her and is holding her..and I so hope and pray that he is right! It's sad to say but it isn't safe to walk/run anywhere alone or even in pairs(thinking Abby and Libby) these days..with these perps out there. This is all moo.

I feel old.

Keeping this on topic - I hope today is the day Mollie's loved ones gets answers.

I never knew it existed either. Makes me wonder if MT had other SM sites like that where she may have used it with just one other person. Hopefully LE knows all possible ones by now.

@kkdj

I didn't forget your questions, I just decided to tie them in with the FitBit reports so it took awhile. Here is what I came up with:

1. When was the red shirt found? Best I can determine, Thursday morning, 7/26. I came to this conclusion based on statements by Mortvedt that nothing was found 7/25, then Thursday morning – another search and boom, they brought in the dogs Thursday afternoon after a red shirt was found.

2. Was the red shirt found on WC property? No, according to reports, it was found by someone mowing, in a field nearby his property.

3. When did LE first interview WC? July 26.
Thank you Pommy. Rather interesting isn't it?

I feel old.

It's even funnier when you have to rip off your glasses to see the computer screen. :)

Why is the FBI holding back so much information. The public could help if they knew alot of these facts. I don't understand this at all.
Opinion - They either have no one and/or nothing to show for their work or.... They have a strong person of interest and not enough real evidence to make an arrest at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli