Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great story about small town life RavenCC. I lived in a very small town in AK. Last year I went to vote at the local church I looked around at other voters wondering who are all these people? I'd never seen them before!

He is big on my list. Jus sayin. The FBI is interrogating him many times for a reason, imo. I understand if he’s innocent why he would be defensive and frustrated, however his comments, demeanor and lack of empathy reminds me of other perps I’ve seen. Again, not accusing, just saying he is very very hinky imo and if he is charged I will not be surprised.
I think the exact opposite. He's rather dim and not very eloquent and definitely has a sketchy legal history but the guy voluntarily turned over his cell phone and let police search his house without a warrant and has talked with them without legal counsel present three separate times. I'm not sure what else the guy can do to be up front that he's got nothing to hide.

LE has talked with him several times because it's almost a necessity they do given the coincidence of her digital footprint data trail ending somewhere near his property and his legal past. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't look into him. The fact that they've spent so much effort on him and his property and have no charges against him and haven't named him as a POI makes me think it's doubtful he's involved here.

Ok so fitbit location is most likely out. What about ios. Is an iPhone location always recorded.

Also, is there a map that shows a time line to where she was, when she was seen, not seen

View attachment 141445

Mollie Tibbetts was in kindergarten or first grade at Corpus Christi Catholic School in Oakland when her father was robbed at gunpoint in front of their home in the city’s leafy Glenview neighborhood.

He wasn’t hurt, and living on the edge of Oakland, Rob Tibbetts chalked it up to big city problems.

But three weeks ago, the day after his daughter went missing from a tiny town of cornfields and grain elevators in America’s heartland, he and his new wife were incredulous as they got off the plane in Iowa from California.

“How does the All-American girl who lives in a Norman Rockwell village and is dating the All-American boy next door disappear from a place like this without a trace?” Mollie’s stepmother, Kacey Auston-Tibbets, asked.

From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts’ family relies on two communities and clings to hope

New article about Mollie and her family.

I have seen this 'Norman Rockwell village' description before. Nope.

Norman Rockwell grew up in New York, then Vermont and finally Stockbridge Mass, which in no way is Brooklyn Iowa. Stockbridge is in the Berkshires. Iowa doesn't resemble the Bershires.

The reference could mean the Rockwell drawings, which are small town people who lived in Stockbridge. I would never consider a modern Iowa small town like a New England town from the 40s. Maybe I know too much about the nonsense that goes on in towns of any size, or I don't know enough about Stockbridge Mass.

Anyway, if you are ever in the more rural areas of Mass, the Norman Rockwell Museum is really cool.

Think of small Iowa towns as West World, and that is only half in jest. Someone wrote a book about one a few years ago: Methland. The small towns are often dying. No jobs etc. Meth was epidemic in Mizzou and Iowa. So often small towns are struggling.

The educational system is struggling as well. Many, if not all, the kids who grow up in smaller town move out.

Iowa has a population of around 3 million, yet has the 3rd highest number of towns in the country.

Last edited:
Has this been pointed out?
In this interview from yesterday at 4:57
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

Mollie's mom says "when she left" and then the dad grimaces/reacts with his face and looks at the reporter as if to say "yikes did he catch that?" and then her mom claps her hands like as if to say "oops" and then corrects herself. Was she giving info she wasn't supposed to give?

I've been quietly following along and now I'm behind again.... But need to take a moment to thank the Mods and Tricia for not letting this site become a crazy cluster like some of the things that are out there. I know the rules can be frustrating, but if they aren't in place it's a 1000 times worse...

Welcome all new members (especially the ones that follow the rules ;) )

Could I please hear people’s thoughts as to why LE will not release a timeline? I am very confused how that could jeapordize the investigation.
I’ll give you a hypothetical: A person decides to confess to the crime. They explain what happened, including when and where. If they tell LE only things that LE knows, then they can conclude that this person is being truthful. “I abducted Mollie at this time, from this location.” This is also true when it comes to tipsters, who perhaps have heard someone confess to the crime. Law enforcement can determine if there is any veracity to the call, based on the timeline that they have kept a lid on.

yes. One can def. be wrong place, wrong time...I was robbed in a mall parking lot; my daughter had much worse than just a robbery she is still suffering post traumatic stress from her ordeal. Both of us were in wrong place wrong time.

Greetings all,
I am just getting up to speed on the case. <modsnipped>
TIA

<modsnipped sleuthing family is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that 2 local hog processing farms have been searched by the FBI has me thinking there may have been multiple tips that mentioned that type of operation. Regardless of who owns the business, a person with access to the property could be the link in a much larger chain. A lot of kidnapping, sex trade, trafficking, etc. operations would find an obscure "body disposal" option useful. I wonder if the 2 farms operations are owned by the same company or if they share some employees. Although WC is on the FBI radar, he may be most useful for information he can provide about the farm(s). moo
From Heavy: "According to Crime Online, (WC) is a pig farmer and his cell phone, garage and home were searched. However, WHO-TV reports that (WC) lives near hog farms without giving his occupation. Cheney, 56, told UK Daily Mail he sold the pig farm facility to Prestage Farms five or six years ago." Video: Pig Farmer Wayne Cheney Mollie Tibbetts Interview | Heavy.com

I could only see her doing this in the morning when it was raining or someone coming along while she was on her way to get the car and they offered first. I'm sorta lazy and I would walk a mile to go get a car rather than asking someone to come drive me a mile if I was the only one home. If the housemates were there, then I wouldn't mind asking
I would call in sick if I had to walk a mile to pick the car up to drive to work, just sayin. That car situation would not work for me.

Unfortunately that's not true for Adult inpatients. Family can be left grief stricken with worry if patient does not give consent to release info that they've been voluntarily admitted or otherwise.

It's absolutely true. Been in health care for 35 years. For this girl who is going to pay? For practical purposes the administration will call the fmaily.

HIPAA does not mean a hospital staff remains silent on patients. It means that one uses patient data for your job only, and not for voyeuristic purposes. One of the first things in a hospital is to find and notify family members.

So you say the patient doesn't want any family members notified. Never heard of that happening.
Oh the person is psychotic, in which case you have to make a judgement call. Besides, who pays?

BBM that sounds circular to me. If it's not information that can be released, how would you have ever heard about it?

In any case, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. If a person voluntarily checks into a mental health facility, they can withhold the facility releasing information on their whereabouts. But if it's an involuntary commitment then the hospital will attempt to notify family etc of the person's whereabouts.

Source: I work in the mental health field, but not specifically at a facility like the one you speak of, so take the info with a grain of salt. That's how I understand that it works IN GENERAL, although I'm sure there's more nuance to it depending on the circumstances case-by-case that I can't speak to.

IMO I don't think WC's ex should be doing media interviews. She's not a part of this case and whether he's a bad dude or not she's setting him up for a lot of hurt should it come out he's not involved. I imagine a lot of locals are hearing about these reports and have already made some decisions on this man who has NOT been publicly named a suspect.

I guess when he did interviews with the media he opened himself up to this.

Same thing happened here in Raleigh -- the perps -- two of them, 18-- 22 or so yrs. old -- were only stealing things from unlocked cars, especially in apt. complexes -- then they went into an apt., saw a woman there sleeping and killed her because she was there. Caught, tried, jailed for life.

I have also heard of a few cases over the years where a contractor working on a person's house (carpenter, etc.) would ask to use the bathroom. While in there they would unlock the bathroom window so they could get in at a later time.

Ok so fitbit location is most likely out. What about ios. Is an iPhone location always recorded.

Also, is there a map that shows a time line to where she was, when she was seen, not seen
I think iPhone location is only recorded if you give your phone permission. Like, you can give certain apps permission while you're using them to access your current location. I'm not an expect on this - but that's my understanding.

When I think about the fact so many FBI are on this case, it can’t be a simple situation. The FBI knows everything. Heck, they know stuff before it happens! You can bet they have absolutely every social media post ever sent and received with mollie. Every phone ping. Every everything. Yet, here we still are.

I agree. I'm certain the FBI has reconstructed her history over, at least, the last six months. They will have interviewed everyone she has known including everyone she had any contact with at college. All those interviewed will be asked, among other things, if there was anyone else she was in contact with. That person will then be located and asked the same questions, etc. They will not stop until all connections are checked. From this vast pool of people connected with Mollie, the FBI will have learned if Mollie ever mentioned any sketchy situations or any sketchy people. These guys are pros backed by a wealth of experience gained from investigating thousands of missing person cases. There is basically zero chance Mollie left voluntarily, either alone or with a companion. The FBI would have found her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish