Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very good question. We know from all other accounts that Mollie was wearing black shorts and a pink sports bra. I don't think that shorts could be mistaken for yoga pants, and black khaki doesn't work either. I wonder what police make of this tip - credible or not?

Good morning, @otto. Do you recall the time of RT's sighting?

He was sitting at home, looking out his window and "This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive." "She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson. "I don't know which way she went after she either had to go north or south, because she didn't come back the same direction," said Thompson. Neighbor offers new testimony about night missing Iowa student disappeared

I disagree, let's keep it open. Respectfully, nobody has to be here that doesn't want to be, but of course it's ultimately up to the mods and Tricia and I respect whatever decisions they may make.
With all due respect, I do want to be here. The thing is, we’re already on thread 19 and there’s nothing new as of yet going on. Not sure what’s going to happen at the PC tomorrow. It’s a fast moving thread and no one is going to go over 18 threads 50+ pages each to catch up. Most of this is all repetitive.

If LE will not "confirm or deny" speaking with the guy who said he saw her around 9, it is probably because it is part of the timeline that they are refusing to publicize. It sounds to me, with what info there is, that she may have stopped texting around 7:30, started some school work, decided to jog before dark and pick up the car for the next day....jogged past the witnesses house around 9 (dusk) and was only one tenth of a mile from her moms when she was abducted. If its true that LE via FitBit has her 10 miles south of Brooklyn, she may have been in a vehicle passing by. As for the 10pm snapchat.....that is sketchy. No evidence of it and no idea when it was sent. I think she was abducted around 9pm, jogging very close to her destination.....her moms house, to pick up the car. JMO

If LE will not "confirm or deny" speaking with the guy who said he saw her around 9, it is probably because it is part of the timeline that they are refusing to publicize. It sounds to me, with what info there is, that she may have stopped texting around 7:30, started some school work, decided to jog before dark and pick up the car for the next day....jogged past the witnesses house around 9 (dusk) and was only one tenth of a mile from her moms when she was abducted. If its true that LE via FitBit has her 10 miles south of Brooklyn, she may have been in a vehicle passing by. As for the 10pm snapchat.....that is sketchy. No evidence of it and no idea when it was sent. I think she was abducted around 9pm, jogging very close to her destination.....her moms house, to pick up the car. JMO

9pm is incorrect. In the video it's 8 on

With all due respect, I do want to be here. The thing is, we’re already on thread 19 and there’s nothing new as of yet going on. Not sure what’s going to happen at the PC tomorrow. It’s a fast moving thread and no one is going to go over 18 threads 50+ pages each to catch up. Most of this is all repetitive.

Yes, of course there is a lot of repetition, and I certainly understand the desire to keep things to new information. I don't mind the repetition, myself. Ultimately whatever Tricia decides I will respect. I would hope she would keep the thread open through tomorrow so we could discuss the PC.. but that's MOO.

That's pretty much always the case, though.

Do any of these Brooklyn guys that may have spotted mollie have wives or girlfriends? Seems like a bunch of single guys staring out their windows all day.
Both DC and DR have wives or " female partners".
Actually this ties into something I was thinking about.

We haven't heard anything new recently. We don't have a named suspect or POI, we don't have new evidence. I've skimmed the 50+ page threads and it seems like we are just going around in circles, talking about a lot of the same things that we've already discussed. There's not much "sleuthing" going on in this thread, and I don't think there will until something new comes up, either at the press conference, due to good journalism, police/FBI activity, whatever.

Perhaps it is time to give Harmony (and Tricia!) a bit of a break and close the discussion until we have something new to talk about. I wouldn't ordinarily suggest this but the speed at which this thread is going - and the number of edits the mods have to do because real names get listed or unrelated things (like the black SUV) are mentioned, means an incredible amount of work for them, to the point where the thread is closed every night just so they can get some sleep.

Maybe some of our eyeballs and minds can be used for the many other missing persons cases on this site, the ones that aren't getting featured on the nightly news.
Opinion - Agreed,this thread does go in circles ( as most do here until an arrest) but, once in a while someone comes up with some factual or thought provoking info. I have learned to just keep scrolling. If something good pops up( like DR's sighting) then the thread gets interesting for me.

I'm thinking some guy she knew hollered to her to get in his car for a ride there.

Could it be that she got into a car/ truck willingly. A friend of a friend lets say! Someone she actually trusted. They had been drinking, she never knew how much. Maybe she was talked into going. Who knows what she was told ???? Once they took off she realized she was in trouble. She never weighed much & honestly couldn't of fought off 2 guys.
Things headed south from there. I think she knew whoever it was & trusted

I think this is what happened. It’s late, she just wants to get to her Mom’s, grab a bite, and pick up the car. As she’s on her way there someone sort of known to her, sees her, pulls over and since she was already out for jog 1 earlier and it’s getting dark she accepts the ride. jmo

I don't think where her FitBit (or phone) was and where she was are necessarily the same.

Reposting this:

It looks like this latest guy saw her on east 2nd st. between Broadway and Williams. But I can't tell which way "up the hill" is. I'm guessing it would be North on Williams which would be towards her mom's house.

The 9PM time does not work with information we have that she went jogging at 7:30. The clothing description and the time of 9PM are inconsistent with information that has been provided by investigators.

I think I'm chewing on the hypothesis that she never made it back home. That's what I've been thinking since there was no disturbance in the house and the dogs were contained. But if she was still on her run at 8:00 and that 9:45 time is related to her being in a home and sending a selfie, that changes things. Since we know she was seen at 7:30, I'm not sure the 8:00 sighting is that remarkable, but I'm also not clear about locations and directions.
I don't think she made it back home either. However, we only know when her BF "opened" the snapchat message. He opened it at 10pm. She could have sent it anytime that day.

I think this is what happened. It’s late, she just wants to get to her Mom’s, grab a bite, and pick up the car. As she’s on her way there someone sort of known to her, sees her, pulls over and since she was already out for jog 1 earlier and it’s getting dark she accepts the ride. jmo

Isn't mom's house only a mile away? And if she was already half way there? I don't know, I just don't see her getting into a car willingly. I see someone hidden from sight who pounces and knocks her out quickly. I think she was jogging later than usual..and I think most of us can agree that whatever happened happened between 7:30pm and 10:00 pm..whether it was one long jog or 2 jogs separated by some homework and a snapchat.

Yes, of course there is a lot of repetition, and I certainly understand the desire to keep things to new information. I don't mind the repetition, myself. Ultimately whatever Tricia decides I will respect. I would hope she would keep the thread open through tomorrow so we could discuss the PC.. but that's MOO.

As I suggested, it should be re-opened when new information comes out. Press conference counts. If the PC ends up being nothing but "please call in your tips" and "Aunt Emma made the best pie this week" then... I dunno, what is there to say? If they end up announcing an arrest, the thread stays open because there will be a lot to talk about by definition.

I have a feeling big news happens in tomorrow’s press conference. Praying for answers for all of her loved ones and the professionals working so hard to find Mollie.

Fingers crossed.

That is a very good question. We know from all other accounts that Mollie was wearing black shorts and a pink sports bra. I don't think that shorts could be mistaken for yoga pants, and black khaki doesn't work either. I wonder what police make of this tip - credible or not?

Actually they can. I am military and I've been athletic all my life. I, as a guy wear 3/4 Nike leggings whenever I work out. They are more comfortable and increase blood flow especially to people to hate running like myself. I often see girls wear shorts and 3/4 or full leggins underneath. And I have seen the new styles have a cream khaki color in them so lets literally not pick everything apart. Plus, nothing against this guy but he doesn't really seem like a gym buff so his lack of care in color, description of the style in leggins etc...its not suspicious. I would be much more concerned if he could describe what she was wearing in great detail. I workout with people in my unit all the time and I couldn't tell you what anyone wore yesterday. I think we should stay more on what we know which I agree is not a lot. But just because someone speaks up doesn't mean we should pick a part every word and action. The guy seems to want to help and NOTHING at this point proves otherwise. Just thinking out loud here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ