Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick search says that snapchat cannot be accessed from 2 phones simultaneously. Given that most people using snapchat keep the app open and running even when not actively sending snaps this seems unlikely. MOO.

but if our POI is the one who sent the snap, all he'd have to do is log mollie's phone out of the app and into his or her own phone.

like any app, even though linked to your phone and likely your computer, you have a login that is either your apple ID, facebook account or its own separate login for the app. there may be some hiccups with this (such as what you mention above) but it seems like an amateur hurdle (aka your average millenial could figure out). i have definitely logged into friends apps on my phone and vice versa for random reasons. not saying this happened or is likely, but possible.

one thing that intrigues me about this case is that not only did she vanish without a trace, it leaves us relying on technology so heavily. and imo, its a blessing and a curse. technology can tell us so much but at the same time there are so many hacking options and loopholes, i dont find its answers definitive enough to give me comfort unless they come directly from snapchat/app company and/or LE.

Why would the police coming to see your horse, voluntarily letting them in, when you were the last person to see a missing person startle someone? That is really something to be expected. That story makes 0 sense.<modsnipped against TOS>
Right. It might just be another case of poor reporting. I would think he would expect the police to come talk to him, look at his vantage point of seeing Mollie, etc. I'm not understanding the reason for putting his little kids in the bathroom tho.

Mollie is very close to her Dad I would believe she would slip a note or call to let him know she's ok and not to worry after this long period of time. She appears to be a very loving and responsible daughter I don't believe she would allow her family to suffer like this if that were the situation.

I do think if she intended to meet this person the night her boyfriend was gone she wouldn’t tell anyone which is kinda what happened. Not saying she was going to cheat but he’s gone and the opportunity is there. She wouldn’t tell anyone in my opinion she was going to meet a guy as she had a boyfriend. Dogs put away as she knew she was going to be gone for a while. Maybe someone nearby she use to date or saw occasionally when she had opportunity.

Is there a setting where admin can preview and then approve a post you want to make. I don’t want to have an oops moment.

maybe i'm mis-reading what you've posted, but i grew up in an area like this and was a runner so maybe this will be helpful for people who don't run:
mollie is 20 and runs several times per week. we've all seen her and she appears in pretty good shape; a very typical running schedule for someone like her who wants to run in the evening several times each week, who isn't training for races, would be something like half an hour per run, or around 3 or 4 miles. it's been mentioned somewhere that she has 3 or 4 regular routes that are probably slightly different so she can do a couple of hills or one of them is her weekly long run of maybe 6 miles, but also just to break up the monotony of running the same route through farmland or this tiny town every day. i will also bet that she starts her run and does 1 loop back home rather than running a couple of laps past home for that same reason: it's boring to run along with nothing but fields beside you (running outside in really boring surroundings is literally more tiring in my experience) and she wouldn't choose to pass the same point more than once.
at a typical workout pace, mollie would be running 7 minute miles; a hard pace would be approximately 5 minute miles. this witness is 9/10 of a mile from where she starts/finishes her run, according to a post above. if she's the type of runner who wants to finish her runs strong (something that's always coached so that runners don't get lazy at the end of a workout), she could be aiming to do her last mile in 5 minutes.
so this witness 9/10 of a mile from her start/end point likely saw her within 5-10 minutes of the beginning/end of her run. if he saw her running home at 8pm, she could have been in her driveway as early as 8:05pm.
of course, that doesn't include any cool-down period, which could be when the other witness reported seeing her walking and using her phone. if you run properly, you'd do your half hour workout, then walk/jog for maybe 10 or 15 minutes to cool down before going inside.
I think her pace would be closer to 8 minute miles. Someone had posted in an earlier thread her XC meet times where around 8:15 minute pace. One of her brother also said she wasn’t the fastest but tried the hardest.

If we dont know when she sent it,only when it was opened... why do you doubt that it was sent by her?
Without a time stamp, it's just a pic that was sent at some point.

Please feel free to correct ,as I don't use snapchat

If we dont know when she sent it,only when it was opened... why do you doubt that it was sent by her?

We don't know when the snap was sent but some of us are speculating that LE might know.

your analysis on the snapchat process is correct - the speculation is coming from LE has asked mollie's mom if mollie was in a home at 9:45 which is leading us to speculate if LE (through privileged info) was able to determine the exact time the photo was taken and that is why they are framing questions around 945 - we are guessing based on the time LE has mentioned, not bc of the photo itself.

for me, as i said in a post above, without LEs confirmation, im skeptical of all the digital trail being actually mollie. assuming her jog sightings by neighbors are accurate, anything after 730-8pm on the 18th becomes a question for me if it was actually sent/typed/snapped etc by mollie. but thats just me.

edit: JOG sightings, not job sightings

Why would he put his daughters in the bathroom? That already doesn't make sense. First of all, Police search all rooms when they search a house, so they are going to go into the bathroom.

Second of all, why would you put your kids in there in the first place? That makes no sense...the police are to be trusted, and you are teaching the kids to be afraid of them? (Not saying LE should be blindly trusted but come on).

That is really really odd.
Maybe he thought it was going to be like on TV where they tear everything up and he was worried it would scare them. Notice he said something about how they were very polite. Sounds more like he was worried about his girls being upset. I thought it was sweet that he thought of them first.

Catching up this morning. This site definitely has made recovering from surgery interesting. I was reading in the previous posts about photos of WC and his shirt having what appeared to be blood on it and tears. My husband is an electrician and unless we are going to church, all of his clothes look like that. To me, it looked liked rust. After watching the drone footage last night, I really feel it is someone closer to her and that seems to be what Mom and dad think too, especially dad.

One thing I thought of just yesterday is that she had a room and clothes at her mother's house, so there was no need for her to return to DJ's house before going to her mother's house. She could easily have showered and changed at mom's and then grabbed some dinner.

This lines up to why the dogs were locked in the basement. She never intended to go home after her run.

I have been searching this morning and it seems Poweshiek County jail does not have an online inmate roster available. They do however use the VINE system but you need to have a specific offenders first and last name available to run a search on that.

Other details about this jail included online through multiple searches show it was constructed in 1913 (renovated in 2001). It is located in Montezuma Indiana. The Poweshiek sherrifs office does post arrest statistics on it’s site as well as inmate statistics.

I would imagine if they do have an arrest it is very quiet and they probably haven’t officially charged someone yet to avoid press being able to search records and figure it out before the press conference.

Are their county court dockets available online?

your analysis on the snapchat process is correct - the speculation is coming from 1) LE has asked mollie's mom if mollie was in a home at 9:45 which is leading us to speculate if LE (through privileged info) was able to determine the exact time the photo was taken and that is why they are framing questions around 945 - we are guessing based on the time LE has mentioned, not bc of the photo itself.

for me, as i said in a post above, without LEs confirmation, im skeptical of all the digital trail being actually mollie. assuming her job sightings by neighbors are accurate, anything after 730-8pm on the 18th becomes a question for me if it was actually sent/typed/snapped etc by mollie. but thats just me.

I guess we're all different. I am much more confident in the digital data that LE might be privy to than on eye witness testimony regarding times they may have seen Mollie out jogging. Eye witness testimony is notoriously terrible and unreliable where a digital record is hard data.

So puzzled by everything. I go back and forth on how I feel about a few things. Lack of (shared) evidence causing most of that I guess. Ugh. A few thoughts. Sometimes it helps me to see things written down.

Still think she was abducted (likely stranger by car, maybe someone who knew of her, don’t think it’s someone very close to her). Feeling 99% that she didn’t take off on her own. I’ll be shocked if she did. Don’t think she had a medical event in a cornfield or anything like that. I think drone or someone would have seen or found her.

If nothing looks amiss at the house, then I feel like whatever happened therefore happened outside.

Lots of maybes—stopped somewhere during run, took dogs out to pee after run, went to someone elae’s house after 8pm, left DJ’s house with someone later that evening. Too hard to know without evidence.

Guess it’s possible, but don’t believe LE is visiting WC just because he has a record or someone said hey check him out. I think a device of hers pinged near or around that property—whether thrown away there and unfound, turned off, etc.

Think we’ll get a crumb (at best) at the PC tomorrow. Expecting not much. We’ll see.

Is there a setting where admin can preview and then approve a post you want to make. I don’t want to have an oops moment.

Best thing to do if you are unsure pm a mod and check with her.
Less work than cleaning up the thread. And then you don't have an oops moment
Understand, we all make mistakes, but its great that you are being careful

What does everyone think about the presser tomorrow? Are we going to get some real evidence? Are we just going to get another “winker” and a nod?
Opinion - They are going to pat themselves on their LE backs for their many long hard hours of dedicated work in this investigation. They will promise to never give up and persevere on for justice for Mollie and her family. They will then not give any new or old info, because they do have any, or are unwilling to share what they have, because of the ongoing investigation. They will ask for the public's continued help........Opinion - Until Mollie comes home, a body is found, or an arrest is made, we aren't going to learn much new.

I do think if she intended to meet this person the night her boyfriend was gone she wouldn’t tell anyone which is kinda what happened. Not saying she was going to cheat but he’s gone and the opportunity is there. She wouldn’t tell anyone in my opinion she was going to meet a guy as she had a boyfriend. Dogs put away as she knew she was going to be gone for a while. Maybe someone nearby she use to date or saw occasionally when she had opportunity.

I didn't mean before she went missing I mean now after all this time has passed. I don't think she would have the heart to put them through this torture without letting them know she's alive. Thats why I believe with all my heart she was abducted on a jog by a sicko. Someone who had been stalking, eyeing her from a far or a stranger who happen to be driving by looking for prey to feed sick desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member