Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiming in, i find Bf lack of details about the snap to be honest, it was most likely a head shot that was inside somewhere, but he’s being honest that there was nothing he noticed about it being inside “their” house.

She didn’t go missing while jogging Bc mom and Bf heard from her later that evening, esp mom since we don’t know when she sent the snap but I’m betting it was after jogging if it was to say goodnight.

The new missing poster says "possible abduction". And that she was out on a run but cannot confirm she returned to the house. She would have been out on the run with her phone & fitbit.
The crime scene would then be out on the roads.
The reason I mention the phone is it makes me think she went with somebody willingly or that she felt secure enough to let that person into the house.

If she had not been in the house since she went for a run, I would think there would be evidence the dogs had not been out for some time.

True, but OTOH if she had been in the house after she went for a run, there should have been evidence of that as well. I doubt she would have sat around in her sweaty clothes after a run.

That's what's so confusing.

if your goal is to abduct someone, the phone is the last thing you want on or going with them.
That would be the rule for educated and non-stoned people.
People on drugs make dumb decisions.
People who don't follow crime shows or crime forums don't understand how they can be tracked with phone pings.

OK but the family suggests otherwise.
IIRC there was an early report that they had searched nearby mobile home park.
For some reason this is starting to remind me of the Sierra Lamar case.
the family also said they had contact with her at 7 pm and a snap chat went to her boyfriend. They are saying they dont know because they dont know if she sent them.

And this is why I'm so confused. To me the only scenario that would keep them from looking for a body is if they believe she left of her own free will which seems like the least likely option at this point. If they believed strongly enough that she left on her own they wouldn't be ramping up the LE (i.e. FBI just got there), they would be backing off. Us old folks may look at a 20 year old as a kid but the law says she can leave without a trace if she wants so they really can't hunt her down. But they would REALLY have to believe that is what happened before stopping searches all together. The whole 'no searching' thing is just baffling to me.

I feel they are watching and waiting. Planning on using evidence on their suspect to locate the body. Thats why no amber alert or search continues.

Can you please link to this?

It was posted back a few pages, the interview with the brothers. The one sad he was sad, and also felt "disappointed". Which also makes me think they know the suspect.

Sometimes the perp joins the searches to keep an eye on the investigation.

So very common!

Why is the family allowing the public to remain uncertain about who was supposed to drive Mollie to work?

Obviously they have a solid suspect and are not letting on this is so. Sometimes they even play people against each other, like play her family against the bf, and his family to see if anyone will talk.

The reason I mention the phone is it makes me think she went with somebody willingly or that she felt secure enough to let that person into the house.

Exactly. Unless she was grabbed while jogging, it has to be someone known to her.

Lets not forget there is no warning from the police about a dangerous offender being loose. If they believed she was nabbed by a stranger - they would be putting the alert out massively.

One thing that I've considered since I've read about this case and her going jogging, is perhaps a passing motorist. Would there be a possibility that she was struck by a vehicle while jogging and that person panicked? One of the cases I followed on here a few years back was a woman who had gone missing during her daily jog. I cannot remember her name, but will go back and look. There were posters/fliers, searches, etc. I think it was a pair of guys driving a work type truck that struck her and panicked. I really need to go back and look so that I'm not giving the wrong information on that.

I went and looked, it was the Sherry Arnold case. High school teacher from Montana if anyone remembers that one.

Not always tho. They shut it down after an extended period of time in some cases.

I was just curious about early on in the case. ty everyone.

If LE has a good idea that foul play is involved, they will stop public searches. It's not hard to contaminate evidence. LE doesn't need to spend resources rescuing searchers that get lost or hurt. They also don't need the liability. Searching for a missing person is like looking for a needle in a haystack. After a certain amount of searching, it's more productive to use evidence to lead them to a more specific search area. Was the public search organized? Did they use a gps program and submit their results, so that no area is missed? Are they trained to know what to look for? Do they know to look up. I've seen well intentioned searchers bring their kids along. Not a good idea! There is a lot more to searching than meets the eye. Oh and the perp joins the search and says he searched where the body is so no one else goes there. Or he even goes back and moves the body. Or tamper with the evidence.

One commenter stated there was a sex offender on the corner of Pershing and a neighbor said he’s not positive it’s her he saw jogging. He also stated he’s pretty sure she passed by jogging around 8:30-9:30 because that’s when he sits on the porch. He also said there were 3 sex offenders in the area as he checks the registry because he has young daughters

For those who were wondering exactly what the neighbor said, you can scroll down the comments and see it here

Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member