Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because protecting the integrity of the investigation is crucial while satiating the curiosity of the public doesn't have one thing to do with finding their child?

I just don't understand how people feel entitled to information.
Entitled to information? lol You're also on this crime forum seeking information.

Because protecting the integrity of the investigation is crucial while satiating the curiosity of the public doesn't have one thing to do with finding their child?

Yes, I would much rather LE and prosecutors have everything they need and more and keep the public out of it.

Is it possible that she was going to jog to her mom’s house? I wondered why she would go for a run and then go back to the house. Why not just go run and then end at mom’s? I think maybe she was texting Mom while running. Would explain the short “ok” text.

Going on a run and ending at her mom’s house for dinner could have been a possibility.

>>snip

I last spoke with her at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night about what was for dinner. I told her brats. She said, ‘ok,'” her mother, Laura Calderwood, told KWWL-TV.

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Reading the article posted above with the neighbor seeing the girl running at 830-930.. maybe she went running later than normal this evening. Was last Wed hotter than others? Then the messaging with mom was before her run and possibly sending the boyfriend that snap before she left to run, but he opened it later at 10? I am an avid runner and I would run later if it was a day hotter than usual. 830 is still daylight so maybe she felt safe runner then too?

Really good points.

I think they said her contacts and glasses were left behind. I know some people say they have two sets. I think that's unusual for a girl her age. Unless she has a crummy pair for running that she doesn't mind getting scuffed up.

But I assume her family and boyfriend would know if she had a second pair.

Wow...difficult to post on the forum. Anyway, replying to Granny above (quote system isn't working), I think all of us are here looking for info, true. But some people think the families can direct the course of investigations. They can't. They can ask, they can suggest, but ultimately things are left up to law enforcement. I do believe they have asked people to keep certain details private as they apply to this case as some facts may only be known by the person or persons who may be involved in Mollie's disappearance. That's only a guess of course, but seems to be the rationale given in other investigations.

JMO
When public safety comes into play then I feel its very important that LE inform the public of whatever they can. They can do that without jeapordizing anything. So unless they know for sure she either ran away or this is an isolated targeted crime by someone she knows then they should come out and give some safety tips about jogging or other things until the person is caught or its proven she ran off. At a minimum remind the public she may have been taken and to be careful of their surroundings.

LE are public servants paid for by the public.

IMO they owe the public the basics and should use the public much more than the old antiquated strategies of years past. In a lot of cases they can do much more than they do without jeapordizing anything. Like give more press conferences with a status of their investigation at a minimum. It would help squash the thinking that they are not doing anything which tends to happen the longer a case goes on.

Transparency. If the police don't release updates of their investigations, how do you know they are even working on it? Also there is that little thing called, The First Amendment.

http://www.iowasexoffender.com/registrant/8101/AUSTIN-HUDSON-IOWA/?postalcode=52211&type=simple
There is a registered sex offender living on her road...is that correct? He raped a 13 year old at 13 years old.
Very interesting. If the address was put in the sex offenders site wrong and it's actually 508 W DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 (it has it listed as 508 B E DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211), that makes this house a 1 minute drive from her address at
622 W Des Moines St,Brooklyn, IA 52211

Attachments

• address.PNG
    address.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 5
Wow...difficult to post on the forum. Anyway, replying to Granny above (quote system isn't working), I think all of us are here looking for info, true. But some people think the families can direct the course of investigations. They can't. They can ask, they can suggest, but ultimately things are left up to law enforcement. I do believe they have asked people to keep certain details private as they apply to this case as some facts may only be known by the person or persons who may be involved in Mollie's disappearance. That's only a guess of course, but seems to be the rationale given in other investigations.
Thank you for your gracious reply.
The family has given out all kinds of info and the boyfriend even gave a special interview to clarify information BUT they didn't clear up the confusion surrounding how Mollie was going to get to work. This is significant, imo.

<modsnipped quoted post>

Interesting! I would wonder if that is a detail that was made public? If not, then how did this person know that or is it because they know what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Entitled to information? lol You're also on this crime forum seeking information.

I don't feel I'm entitled to it. I also am not questioning or critizicing family for withholding it.

It is very clear why information would be and should be withheld at times.

While we are curious and would all like to help, we are not LE.

JMO
When public safety comes into play then I feel its very important that LE inform the public of whatever they can. They can do that without jeapordizing anything. So unless they know for sure she either ran away or this is an isolated targeted crime by someone she knows then they should come out and give some safety tips about jogging or other things until the person is caught or its proven she ran off. At a minimum remind the public she may have been taken and to be careful of their surroundings.

LE are public servants paid for by the public.

IMO they owe the public the basics and should use the public much more than the old antiquated strategies of years past. In a lot of cases they can do much more than they do without jeapordizing anything. Like give more press conferences with a status of their investigation at a minimum. It would help squash the thinking that they are not doing anything which tends to happen the longer a case goes on.

Which leads me to believe they have their suspect and are watching them closely, therefore the public isn't in danger. I'm not a pro tho.

I wonder if the texts with her mom about dinner was her inquiring about dinner for Thursday night. They were going to bake a cake for someone at Hollie's work and the party was Friday. Baking something Weds for something on Friday, wouldn't hold up very well, yk?

The family has given out all kinds of info and the boyfriend even gave a special interview to clarify information BUT they didn't clear up the confusion surrounding how Mollie was going to get to work. This is significant, imo.

Yes. It may be. The last thing this poor family needs is people pressuring them to reveal details they may not be able to reveal.

It is a very big detail and what keeps me questioning many things.

I'd like to know what her work history was. Was she usually on time? (seems that way if her work was very concerned when she didn't show up) If she was regimented with her routine, you would think she knew exactly how she was getting to work and would have told her brother the day before. I still can't get over that part. She worked early in the morning, not later in the day where she had time to find a ride or make plans. Why would she not have solidified those plans the day before?

Lets not forget there were crazy storms the morning of the 19th. So people may not have been able to see cars coming or going.

She wouldn't have planned to walk, run, or bike to work in that storm.

I believe <modsnipped> someone else she knew surprised her and was going to drive her in the AM, yet she never made it to morning.

<random accusations against non POIs is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thank you for your gracious reply.
The family has given out all kinds of info and the boyfriend even gave a special interview to clarify information BUT they didn't clear up the confusion surrounding how Mollie was going to get to work. This is significant, imo." (Doing my own quote system lol.) You are correct and that's a crucial detail. Perhaps that little nugget points to something that is giving law enforcement reason to suspect someone? Truthfully, there has been so much misinformation distributed on this case, it's hard to separate the truth from all of it. I know an updated and correct timeline has been posted on the FB group started by Mollie's friends and family that sheds light on some things but there is deafening silence on other points. I am trusting there is a reason those questions are not being answered, at least now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member