Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leads me to believe they have their suspect and are watching them closely, therefore the public isn't in danger. I'm not a pro tho.

Yeah. I think you're right. Unknown stranger abduction is probably the least likely option statistically speaking.

Possible though. There have been many occasions when LE doesn't warn the public about a possible predator on the loose when we later find out there was one. They are shy about making people feel the jurisdiction is unsafe. It's political.

But also, in a small town this is big news. I don't think any woman or girl feels safe jogging alone right now in the area or needs an official warning to be careful.

I keep seeing headlines saying Mollie went missing after she went jogging, but reading here it doesn't sound like that's the case which might explain why the LE called off the searches. That seemed strange to me but if she didn't disappear when she went jogging then that would make sense.

Which leads me to believe they have their suspect and are watching them closely, therefore the public isn't in danger. I'm not a pro tho.

I agree. So far all things from LE are pointing that they are leaning in a particular direction. The way they called off the search is when I think they started to get direction.

I dont buy their excuse that it was to get people home. I think they began to find out something that made searching no longer needed.

Because most investigators know people work during the day and they usually have to interview people in the evening hours after work. It was such a bizarre excuse to stop the searching that I dont really believe that was the reason they called it off. All they had to do was work a later shift and knock on doors after dark in the evening which is usually when people are off work anyway.

Interesting! I would wonder if that is a detail that was made public? If not, then how did this person know that or is it because they know what happened?
That was public, I read it yesterday but I’ve read so much now I can’t find where. If I remember correctly the dogs stayed in the basement when nobody was home, that’s where Mollie would leave them while she was at work.

Missing Iowa jogger is 'fighting her best to get back home,' says brother

>>snip

"She was kind of a creature of habit," Mortvedt said of the missing college student. "And about the same time every evening she’d go for a run during daylight hours -- well before dusk or dark, and she was seen Wednesday evening on one of her normal routes."

>>snip

The FBI brought in "a highly-trained search and rescue team and they are going back over some of the areas for any type of forensic evidence or information or details that may have been inadvertently missed initially," Mortvedt said.

Authorities are also conducting follow-up interviews, Mortvedt said, because "as you think about things you may remember something later on that you didn’t remember initially."

“A lot of people get caught up in the emotion," he explained. "This is a small town, rural Iowa, middle of the heartland -- this isn’t supposed to happen here. And so as it’s starting to sink in to people that this happened in their backyards, you know, some people are remembering additional information."

BBM: The routine and normal routes comment concerns me. Her routine could well have been noticed by someone with bad intentions.

Also, the last line...some people are remembering additional information? Oh? Like, who? And what additional info?

That was public, I read it yesterday but I’ve read so much now I can’t find where. If I remember correctly the dogs stayed in the basement when nobody was home, that’s where Mollie would leave them while she was at work.
Oh good - I am glad it was stated elsewhere as well. It was an interesting detail re: the dogs. It does make one wonder - was this a habit of Mollie (and/or the BF) when they stepped out without the dogs? Was there food and water set up for the dogs down there? Or was it more like the dogs were shut in down there to get them out of the way?

IF accurate, that's meaningful information considering the missing red work shirt and no clarification about who was supposed to drive Mollie to work.
Many people wear disposable contacts which come in 30 day packs. It's cheaper to order these in 3 or 6 month quantities. If these are what Mollie wore, it would be impossible to determine if Mollie disappeared without her contacts. She may have been completely ready to go to work and then she disappeared.

Interesting! I would wonder if that is a detail that was made public? If not, then how did this person know that or is it because they know what happened?

This same Twitter poster (Twitter-er? :confused: ) states that Mollie only needed her glasses for driving and reading, which is a contradiction to most of everything else we've read/heard that she needed it for most of her day-to-day activities. If that were truly the case, glasses and contacts being left behind are much less of a big deal. Grain of salt and all, but interesting none-the-less.

Does anyone find it interesting that the brothers have seemingly taken over as spokespeople?

And also in the latest interview with the brothers, the younger brother says it's "disappointing" (I know someone has mentioned this) and I just find that to be an interesting choice of word and wish I knew specifically what was disappointing. The video has poor editing so you don't get full context here

Does anyone find it interesting that the brothers have seemingly taken over as spokespeople?

And also in the latest interview with the brothers, the younger brother says it's "disappointing" (I know someone has mentioned this) and I just find that to be an interesting choice of word and wish I knew specifically what was disappointing. The video has poor editing so you don't get full context here

Yes that was me. I think they are disappointed in who the suspect is. In reading the body language and the words....they believe she is gone and there is a suspect IMO. They also edited that video, but them off mid sentence if you pay attention. Perhaps let too much information out?

I'm questioning myself as to why her glasses, wallet and ID were all found at her boyfriend's home. Her phone and Fitbit are missing (or with her). Where would she go without her glasses, wallet and ID, yet possibly have put on her red shirt for work the next a.m. and taken just her phone and her Fitbit? Thinking out loud because I can't sleep...

"She only has her phone (which is off or dead) and her fitbit with her. All of her identification and wallet is at my sons house. Along with both her glasses and contacts, she cannot see without them.”
Mollie Tibbetts Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I’m still catching up from last night/today’s posts, but this does make me feel that she was abducted randomly in the middle of the night.
She was dropped off around 5:30pm per her brother, then probably changed clothes and took a run (maybe neighbor was off by 30 min or so).
She had sent her bf the snap, possibly around 9/10pm.
I am guessing that she most likely ate something and showered between 7-9/10, then was laying in bed at some point, if the snap was a goodnight snap.

I feel this way, since her wallet and other items were left behind. And, since she had the phone, maybe if someone grabbed her - she had her phone already in hand or near her. And maybe she took it knowing it could be tracked, or she could try to use it if she got the chance.

Yes, especially younger brothers body language. It seems more aggressive/angry to me. And that makes sense about the choppiness

Yes that was me. I think they are disappointed in who the suspect is. In reading the body language and the words....they believe she is gone and there is a suspect IMO. They also edited that video, but them off mid sentence if you pay attention. Perhaps let too much information out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo