Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for some of the discussion above, if the perpetrator knocked on the front door early in the morning under this or that pretext, this would explain her not having her glasses/contacts on yet, and this would also explain why there are no signs of forced entry. It's a small town; she likely would have simply opened the door.

What’s the chances of her answering the door with phone and Fitbit on though first thing in the morning ?!! I understand wearing the Fitbit but I usually set my phone down to get up and answer the door... this is one of those cases that has me kind of stumped!

Hopefully she had her Fitbit set to auto sync. When I used to have one, I'm pretty sure I had it set so it would only sync when I did it manually to conserve battery life. I don't think it sent information to a cloud service without being synced to phone or computer.

What’s the chances of her answering the door with phone and Fitbit on though first thing in the morning ?!! I understand wearing the Fitbit but I usually set my phone down to get up and answer the door... this is one of those cases that has me kind of stumped!
I rarely answer the door WITHOUT my phone. I want to have it in hand in case anything sketchy happens.

She may have worn a waterproof Fitbit. I did a bit of research on this, and there are waterproof Fitbit models: Find Out Which Fitbit Models are TRULY waterproof.

If she did have a waterproof Fitbit, then maybe she wore it all the time, night and day.

I rarely answer the door WITHOUT my phone. I want to have it in hand in case anything sketchy happens.

If it was a random act though, I don’t think the suspect would let her leave with those items though... even a person she knew wouldn’t want that chance ?

ETA: I love all the ideas and different scenarios... I’m just breaking it down out loud to see if it triggers anyone to think of the situation from a different view...

Hopefully she had her Fitbit set to auto sync. When I used to have one, I'm pretty sure I had it set so it would only sync when I did it manually to conserve battery life. I don't think it sent information to a cloud service without being synced to phone or computer.

Right the technology is such that it transmits data via Bluetooth. So for data to be transmitted there would need to be a Bluetooth enabled device with the app loaded to it, presumably her phone. And yes it would need to sync up. So as long as her phone was on and set to auto sync they should be able to retrieve data. With the phone turned off I don't believe they would be able to get any data, while it's turned off it can't receive data I mean

In one of the earlier articles linked on the first thread Mollie's boyfriend's mother is quoted as saying that they had logged into Mollie's FitBit account. I took that to mean either her or one of her sons logged into Mollie's FitBit account. Law enforcement, on the other hand aren't interested so much in logging into the account because all kinds of things could happen to data when you do. Law enforcement prefers to get information and account activity logging from the company directly. It would be how they could learn if something was deleted, for example.
re

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm simply saying that if someone had her phone acct. info, and she had her phone with her, upon first feeling there was an inkling wrong, they could have logged in and seen where the phone was at the very least.

More interesting will be if Fitbit was able to log the IP of anyone who attempted to view the information before LE did. That will indeed be useful.
i still think somebody came over to take her to work. She still needed a ride and that has not been addressed. Did somebody show up earlier then they were suppose to

Why on earth would you say that?
Because his story about his phone falling on his face makes no sense. Neither does him texting her at 7 and then opening her SC at 10. Then saying he didnt notice in the morning if she messaged him back.

1) For how many hours - starting from when - was she the sole occupant in the residence.
2) When did the other male occupant and his fiance leave?
3) When did her BF leave?
4) Who was the last person who had a confirmed face to face interaction with her?
5) Who was the first person to enter the home after suspicions about her status surfaced?

BTW - Iowa court records are online and free

The BF last saw her Monday he said.

As for some of the discussion above, if the perpetrator knocked on the front door early in the morning under this or that pretext, this would explain her not having her glasses/contacts on yet, and this would also explain why there are no signs of forced entry. It's a small town; she likely would have simply opened the door.

Didn't the brother text her early that morning and no reply? So she would have been grabbed well before 5 am. Who would open the door before then to a stranger, in the middle of a crazy storm. Seems unlikely.

Probably because he looked for them at his house.

Except he arrived later to help search for her, after the police would have already serached the residence. He was saying what she had on her...but police would not have told him the details of what she had and didn't in order to protect the investigation.

Regarding the text to her mom.
I/we had considered that perhaps Mollie didn't send that text. However, if a perp had replied to the mom's text wouldn't they have said, "no, I won't be able to make it" rather then OK?
For that reason, I do believe Mollie sent that text.
IIRC, one of the 1st articles I read, Mollie's mom was quoted as saying she spoke to Mollie around 7:30 p.m.Is there a link saying it was a text conversation?

If it was a random act though, I don’t think the suspect would let her leave with those items though... even a person she knew wouldn’t want that chance ?

ETA: I love all the ideas and different scenarios... I’m just breaking it down out loud to see if it triggers anyone to think of the situation from a different view...
that was my point earlier in one of my post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member