Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 days and they are just now getting Fitbit info. I will say again because it has been a whole thread ago...PLEASE tell someone your logins and passwords for your phone and fitbit if you have them. If any of her family would have known this they could have quickly seen where she was last, who she spoke to last, what she was doing last, when it went off grid, etc. Just give one person your electronic info! Search warrants take precious time, time that could very well mean life or death.

Dear Jashrema,

Your advice is gold, absolute gold !

Even if a person wrote them down in a small notebook and put it in a drawer, that could possibly save their life.

I'd like to see this advice in one of those public service announcements. Mentioned in schools, even.

Thanks for bringing up this issue!

Last edited:
IIRC, one of the 1st articles I read, Mollie's mom was quoted as saying she spoke to Mollie around 7:30 p.m.Is there a link saying it was a text conversation?

"I last spoke with her at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night about what was for dinner. I told her brats. She said, ‘ok,'” her mother, Laura Calderwood, told KWWL-TV.

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Calderwood said she had exchanged several text messages with her daughter that afternoon.

“She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work,” she said. “I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner.”

According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “Ok,” Tibbetts responded.

But dinner came and went, Calderwood said, and Tibbetts didn’t come home.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

Except he arrived later to help search for her, after the police would have already serached the residence. He was saying what she had on her...but police would not have told him the details of what she had and didn't in order to protect the investigation.
Shortened for brevity
Incorrect. The sheriff wasn't even called until 5:50 pm on Thursday. See the sheriff's FB page call log. Dalton said he drove home as soon as they realized something was wrong (sometime earlier that morning or afternoon). It's even possible Mollie's mom got into the boyfriend's house and looked around before Dalton arrived home and saw her phone and fitbit were missing.

and you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

I will say, this is the first thread on WS that I feel is very grade school. Everyone has their own views and opinions. It’s okay to throw ideas around and kind of nitpick scenarios but sometimes people throw around ideas and not everyone has to agree, and that’s okay!!! I love hearing everyone’s prospective ... wish everyone could do the same.

I don’t find falling asleep with your phone on your face the least bit odd, I’ve done it many times. I sleep on my side and try to hold my phone so I can stream netflix - and yes, sometimes I wake up with my phone on my face.

I will say, this is the first thread on WS that I feel is very grade school. Everyone has their own views and opinions. It’s okay to throw ideas around and kind of nitpick scenarios but sometimes people throw around ideas and not everyone has to agree, and that’s okay!!! I love hearing everyone’s prospective ... wish everyone could do the same.

You're lucky! I have seen threads where it has gotten pretty out of control. This one hasn't bothered me at all. I also have learned to scroll by if I need to and take breaks. It isn't easy tho and sometimes I have broken my own rule of scrolling, but I do try!

It is important to the integrity of the thread and the case to do so because sometimes threads get shut down due to people not being able to scroll by and take breaks. Ugh, that is always frustrating.

Because his story about his phone falling on his face makes no sense. Neither does him texting her at 7 and then opening her SC at 10. Then saying he didnt notice in the morning if she messaged him back.

The BF last saw her Monday he said.

Didn't the brother text her early that morning and no reply? So she would have been grabbed well before 5 am. Who would open the door before then to a stranger, in the middle of a crazy storm. Seems unlikely.

Except he arrived later to help search for her, after the police would have already serached the residence. He was saying what she had on her...but police would not have told him the details of what she had and didn't in order to protect the investigation.

Please provide recent links for everything here that is not an opinion or guess.

Didn't they say everything looked fine in the house, no sign of struggle?

I don’t think her BF is suspicious regarding his replies, as my bf and I text and Snapchat, and sometimes when busy, we don’t reply right away. Many times when I was young - teens and 20’s, I would fall asleep in middle of conversations with boyfriends or friends.

Even now I almost drop the phone on my face while browsing Facebook, and even Websleuths from being so tired, but not quite wanting to go to bed!

The sheriff wasn't even called unit 5:50 pm on Thursday. See the sheriff's FB page call log.

For what it’s worth: people were posting this “missing” post on Facebook Thursday afternoon before 4pm. I left work early that day to storm chase, I think it was around 3:30pm. I saw the Facebook post before I left. I’m 100% sure of that.

I don’t find falling asleep with your phone on your face the least bit odd, I’ve done it many times. I sleep on my side and try to hold my phone so I can stream netflix - and yes, sometimes I wake up with my phone on my face.
Yes, me too, and also sometimes I will wake to find me sleeping with a forkful of omelette or something lying by my head, that didn't make it in before I snoozed, lol.

Shortened for brevity
Incorrect. The sheriff wasn't even called unit 5:50 pm on Thursday. See the sheriff's FB page call log. Dalton said he drove home as soon as they realized something was wrong. It's even possible Mollie's mom got into the boyfriend's house and looked around before he arrived home.
See now I think that’s weird. Dalton is at work 1 hour+ away. Presumably he needs to be at work. I’m just imagining if I couldn’t get ahold of my husband and he didn’t show for work but I was a hour away I’d be worried but I don’t know that I’d ditch work to drive all that way when there were family members in the area. I’d ask someone to go check on the house figuring he was sick or something and forgot to call in. I wouldn’t go straight to ‘oh no - something really bad - must go home’. Then if the family member got to the house and said ‘no one is here I’m calling the police’ I’d be hightailing it home.

Please provide recent links for everything here that is not an opinion or guess.

At this point though even news outlets are guesses because I got scolded like a catholic grade school girl with a nun and ruler in hand because one new article stated the boyfriend worked 50miles away ... I was told to use basic geography so.... I mean we can’t go off news, what do we go off of ? Maybe today I’m being pissy I don’t know!

No, I’m confused and I feel bad for the guy. Not named as a suspect, nor do I see any reason he should be. This guy’s going through some rough times, I consider him a victim as well.

I agree. We don’t even have enough information to know what happened to her or when it happened. Crazy that some are already finding him guilty. :rolleyes:

See now I think that’s weird. Dalton is at work 1 hour+ away. Presumably he needs to be at work. I’m just imagining if I couldn’t get ahold of my husband and he didn’t show for work but I was a hour away I’d be worried but I don’t know that I’d ditch work to drive all that way when there were family members in the area. I’d ask someone to go check on the house figuring he was sick or something and forgot to call in. I wouldn’t go straight to ‘oh no - something really bad - must go home’. Then if the family member got to the house and said ‘no one is here I’m calling the police’ I’d be hightailing it home.
Dalton was 2 hours and 8 minutes away.

I just wanted to throw this out there about the contacts. We don't know what kind she wore. Extended wear, daily disposable etc.

How blind was she? For me I can not drive without my glasses, watch tv, or see far distances well so I wear my glasses a majority of the day but at night and in the morning I just live life blurry. If I went for a run or walk I can easily do that without contacts or glasses but I just wouldn’t see that great.

At this point though even news outlets are guesses because I got scolded like a catholic grade school girl with a nun and ruler in hand because one new article stated the boyfriend worked 50miles away ... I was told to use basic geography so.... I mean we can’t go off news, what do we go off of ? Maybe today I’m being pissy I don’t know!

We are supposed to provide a link if it's not an opinion or guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo