Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snapchat and texting are two different things. But I am not seeing where he texted her at 7:30 p.m. and no other conversations occurred after that. In fact, I'm not seeing a direct quote from him that he texted her at all. Could you help me with a link?

True, if he texted her around 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. and then no conversation until he received a snapchat, that would indicate they indeed were not conversing back and forth all evening.

I just haven't seen that info. I think he was asked about his last communication from her, which he opened around 10, and then fell asleep. But I;m not seeing that there was nothing in between. You know what I mean?

ETA: There have been reports that the SC could have been sent around 9:45. If based on accurate info, that could indicate there was activity up until around then. And then he didn't look at his phone until 10.

Also, the bit about him not realizing until morning that she hadn't responded? That's not accurate. He said he texted her good morning the next day. Later on he opened and realized she had not responded or even read it.

I understand why you have suspicions but I'm just not seeing anything concrete.

Time will tell. They have a tight timeline now. I think they're closing in.

I thought it was that she text her mother regarding dinner around 7:00 and he opened her SC at 10:00 but she may have sent it earlier.

You can Google what time the sun sets anywhere, so I googled it for Brooklyn Iowa and the sunset time was 8:35 for tonight. I’m assuming a week ago it was pretty close to this time.

This doesn't sound good. Must have gotten some information where Mollie is from the Fitbit.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: Search for Missing Iowa College Student Turns to Vast Cornfield

The desperate search for a missing Iowa college student is focused on a vast expanse of dense cornfields.

It's a nightmare facing law enforcement as the hunt for the college sophomore who vanished after going jogging last week intensifies.

Mollie Tibbetts Case: Search for Missing Iowa College Student Turns to Vast Cornfield

JMO
I know the article is new but I am afraid that was written that way as click bait. Early on the cornfields were focused on because of where she was jogging but unless they have an inside scoop from LE I think they just brought the picture and mention of cornfields into their article.

I dont read anything that says LE has really turned back in that direction. Other than their article vaguely hinting at it.

JMO of course

Even though the linked article is only a few hours old it seems possible they’re rehashing and recycling the same limited info?

If they really are searching the cornfields for a body right now it shouldn’t be hard to find. Mid 80’s, hot and humid. Let’s just say if you’re within 100 yards downwind of a body you’re going to know it.
If they were searching the cornfields today, it would be all over the Finding Mollie Tibbitts FB page. It's not.

It doesn't say that though. It says she sent a text at 7. It doesn't say to whom. And then it says she sent a SC to her boyfriend who opened it at 10. It doesn't say whether she and her boyfriend were texting or talking or whatever, that evening, prior to the SC message.

I think it's easy to make assumptions but hopefully we have accurate facts to base our assumptions on.

This link says she texted him at 7 and then he opened her snapchat at 10.

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play

With all due respect, it doesn't say that.

From the article:

She also sent a text message that night, around 7 p.m., and her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, opened a Snapchat message from her about 10 p.m., though it’s unclear when she sent it.

It doesn't say who the text message was to, just that the Snap was to the boyfriend.

That's one of the nicer things I enjoyed while growing up in Wisconsin. When driving, we could still see the road around 9:30 p.m., and didn't have to use headlights.

Yes, it is completely possible Mollie could have been jogging after 7:30 p.m. The humidity and heat this time of year can make running during the daytime difficult.

The fact that there was a fair in a nearby town bothers me. Some carnival workers are definitely to be avoided. As a kid attending the local fair, I had a few unnerving experiences with them. And they are very mobile, going from one town to another, setting up at the next site.

I am absolutely not knocking those who work at carnivals; I'm sharing my experiences only.

Does anyone know what day the fair closed? Was it, by chance, the same day Mollie went missing?

Just curious, and MVHO.

ETA: I have a Garmin Forerunner that tracks my activities via GPS. Interestingly enough, it has captured my movements where a cellphone would be off the grid.
The Poweshiek County Fair was Saturday July 14th and Tuesday July 17th through Monday July 23rd.
https://www.poweshiekcountyfair.org/2018/2018 Fairbook Final.pdf

Hi everyone! More than 20 pages since I logged off :eek: I don't have time to read all.
Are there any new developments today apart from the new search in the corn fields?
If this is true it's depressing news. Maybe a solid tip came in?

Something could have happened when she was in the house/yard and then taken to a cornfield. Worley managed to disable Ce on her bike and take her to the barn of horrors. It wasn't dark. Evidence was found not far in the cornfield where he injured her. When the corn was tall. Shudder!!!!

With all due respect, it doesn't say that.

From the article:

She also sent a text message that night, around 7 p.m., and her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, opened a Snapchat message from her about 10 p.m., though it’s unclear when she sent it.

It doesn't say who the text message was to, just that the Snap was to the boyfriend.

Sorry, the other article I read had said he rec'd the text message. It was probably wrong.

Hi everyone! More than 20 pages since I logged off :eek: I don't have time to read all.
Are there any new developments today apart from the new search in the corn fields?
If this is true it's depressing news. Maybe a solid tip came in?
FBI is looking at her fitbit.
There's not a search of the cornfields according to the Finding Mollie FB page.
There's more poor journalism occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member