Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I can’t recall where I read this, but very early on I recall reading that two people (different locations) thought they saw her jogging ... once around 5:15 and once around 5:30. I believe one person saw her running in front of or across from a funeral home? Also...one person wasn’t sure of the clothing and thought it was a pink sports bra (which seems to be incorrect). I believe both thought she was headed east.

Possible both were not Mollie sightings and possible this wasn’t a reliable source or it was bad reporting :)

Did she use a running app? All avid runners I know use one, as I feel my Fitbit logs me slower than I actually run. That’s why I never log runs on Fitbit. I use it for steps and challenges with friends. I use Strava. I searched her name and it doesn’t come up. Others use RunKeeper and Nike, Garmin if you have the watch but she doesn’t.

Do you mean Utah?

I was thinking about the BOLO put out in Utah and wonder what happened with that. Is it still active? Who does she know from there? Does her family or friends know anyone from there?

Oh damn. This is just so awful. My anxiety is bad and I have no connection to her. Poor Mollie...Her family right now?!? I can't even imagine. Her poor family.

I did mean Utah. For some reason I keep thinking Idaho. Anyway, it was specific for Iron County Utah.

"The Iron County Sheriff’s Office says they don’t know if Tibbetts is in Utah but they say she has family connections in Southern Utah, and they ask anyone who sees the woman to call their local police agency."

LE seems to find interest there. I don't think it's random at all.

Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Surge have built-in GPS. I assume it saves this data and it can be seen later.

Its not quite that simple. The GPS doesn't run in the background all the time. It would kill the battery too fast. You have to purposefully turn it on in the context of recording an activity, like a run. And even then, I have found that the data doesn't get sent to your phone until you purposely end the activity and the watch has a chance to sync with the phone.

Mollie's fitbit doesn't look like one of the GPS models anyway (unless she got a new one recently), but the GPS data wouldn't show what happened to her unless she was recording GPS during her run and it happened then, AND she was able to reach her watch and end the activity before her phone died :(.

I brought up the Iowa cousins merely because this is also Iowa. Where they were taken from isn't really very far from where she disappeared. I have no idea if there is any relationship but the location is interesting. What month were they taken? wasn't it 6 years ago?
I'm not thinking this is related (yet) but want to explore any connections.
They were taken on July 13, 2012

A lot of runners use Strava, which is a site that keeps all kinds of stats on your workouts, including your GPS data. You can use your phone's GPS to record to it even if you don't wear a GPS watch. I searched Mollie's name but unfortunately didn't see a profile. Many people have private profiles, but I think if they are on the site, you can at least see their names listed even if their data is private.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend talks about the last message he received from the now-missing 20-year-old - Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend talks about the last message he received from the now-missing 20-year-old

A couple small details I hadn’t seen before (quoted from article):

‘Even after she decided to attend the University of Iowa in nearby Iowa City and he stayed back in Brooklyn to live with his brother and work construction, they saw each other every weekend and even some weekdays.’

‘Jack woke up with his cellphone on his face, having never responded to her photo. So he sent her a text message — "Good morning." He heard nothing back. He sent her a text at noon. He heard nothing back. Then a co-worker from her job at a day care in Grinnell called to tell him she hadn't shown up for work or called in sick, which wasn't like her.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member