Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that she was inside someone else's house and getting a little uncomfortable? She may have sent the SC photo thinking/hoping he'd recognize the place she was, just in case anything happened. Now I really think I read too many murder mysteries or something.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend talks about the last message he received from the now-missing 20-year-old - Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend talks about the last message he received from the now-missing 20-year-old

A couple small details I hadn’t seen before (quoted from article):

‘Even after she decided to attend the University of Iowa in nearby Iowa City and he stayed back in Brooklyn to live with his brother and work construction, they saw each other every weekend and even some weekdays.’

‘Jack woke up with his cellphone on his face, having never responded to her photo. So he sent her a text message — "Good morning." He heard nothing back. He sent her a text at noon. He heard nothing back. Then a co-worker from her job at a day care in Grinnell called to tell him she hadn't shown up for work or called in sick, which wasn't like her.’

Ok this implies he passed out while on his phone. And he didn’t reply to her... so he was presumably in bed, spending time on his phone but not talking to her? Meanwhile she was at his house alone.... they would definitely be messaging if that was the case and there would have been more snaps than her simply sending him a goodnight selfie. That he somehow saw and yet was so tired fell asleep with his phone on his face and couldn’t reply.

Something isn’t adding up here.

The use of past tense when the brother talked of Mollie, and the melancholy tone.

I don’t read much into that. It’s certainly possible that they know something we don’t, but none of us are prepared to deal with and speak of a situation like this and emotions are all over the board. I don’t even consider suicide a realistic possibility in this case.

The only thing I noticed with the text to her mom at least from all the articles, is that her mom told her what was for dinner and she just replied ok. I don’t think after going for a jog, she’s going to go eat brats.

She might! Protein is great after a run. It helps build those big muscles. I usually have a shake but I want a lot of food about an hour after a run.

Tie that with the BF being non-specific about the background of the 10:00 snapchat pic. If it was real time and she was in their house wouldn't he recognize the background where she took the pic to send him - the kitchen, the living room couch, etc?

Still not really hung on this snapchat thing. You only get to view the pic for a matter of seconds and then it’s gone. He had no reason to analyze it. He likely glanced at the thing and closed it. I’m sure now he wishes he had paid more attention. But it is what it is now. IMO

Ok this implies he passed out while on his phone. And he didn’t reply to her... so he was presumably in bed, spending time on his phone but not talking to her? Meanwhile she was at his house alone.... they would definitely be messaging if that was the case and there would have been more snaps than her simply sending him a goodnight selfie. That he somehow saw and yet was so tired fell asleep with his phone on his face and couldn’t reply.

Something isn’t adding up here.

I agree- something is off. So the boyfriend works for his brother... and boyfriend lives with his brother and girlfriend ... and they all work overnight out of town ?!!! Am I the only one that finds this odd.

I am getting the feeling that Mollie and her boyfriend were having an argument. If it’s true he was lying in bed with his phone and fell asleep with it on his face, it’s highly unlikely (in a parent of teen girls) that there weren’t numerous Snapchats all evening. I think it had been radio silence all evening and then she sent the 10pm one as a final communication.

I don’t have Snapchat. Is it possible to go into your phone’s photo/video album and upload a video that was already there? We’ve seen phones used in the past that weren’t used by their owners. Just a train of thought I’ve had

I agree- something is off. So the boyfriend works for his brother... and boyfriend lives with his brother and girlfriend ... and they all work overnight out of town ?!!! Am I the only one that finds this odd.
Check out the first thread as this was discussed by others. Brooklyn is tiny; jobs are elsewhere, requiring travel.

Check out the first thread as this was discussed by others. Brooklyn is tiny; jobs are elsewhere, requiring travel.

Thank you- just kind of getting my feet wet in this case. I also live in a small town but don’t know a lot of people that stay over night at their jobs ... men more so than woman I guess. I just find it odd that all 3 of the people living in the home she ends up missing from, are all out of town ...

I want this young woman to be safe, but I’m not thinking she is. My thoughts are that she disappeared while jogging, which explains the missing phone and Fitbit. Her boyfriend, if I’m understanding correctly opened that snap at around 10 but that may not have been when it was sent.

As for the glasses and contacts, she may have been wearing a new pair of lenses and just left old ones in a case...especially if she was wearing monthlies. (My opinion...not stated anywhere).

Right now LE is probably still waiting for data related to her phone pings. It sounds like the house she was dog sitting at was out of town, in a rural area. The corn here is crazy high...it must be that way there. :(

I’m afraid for her.

Thank you- just kind of getting my feet wet in this case. I also live in a small town but don’t know a lot of people that stay over night at their jobs ... men more so than woman I guess. I just find it odd that all 3 of the people living in the home she ends up missing from, are all out of town ...

I don't think we've heard yet where the fiancee was. She may have gone along with bf's brother on his business trip in which case there were 2 trips planned at the same time. Construction is huge this time of year and with limited options in town, I'm not suspicious of the fact they were gone at the same time.

Jake Tibbetts said the last six days have been surreal.

“You never think you are going to see your sister on a poster with a missing sign on it,” said Jake Tibbetts, Mollie Tibbetts’ brother.

He believes he was the last person to see his younger sister, at around 5:30 p.m. last Wednesday. (Brother reportedly dropped her off at boyfriends house at 5:30p).

Mitch Mortvedt, with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said investigators have developed a timeline of Tibbetts’ activity Wednesday but cannot release those details publicly.

On Tuesday, FBI agents filed into Brooklyn’s fire station for a daily briefing. Mortvedt said investigators are in the process of combing through Tibbetts’ social media accounts.

He said Tibbetts’ boyfriend opened a Snapchat from her around 10 p.m. Wednesday, so they sent a warrant to Snapchat to get more information.[bbm]

“What we're trying to find out or conclude from that is when she would have sent it, not when it was received or opened,” Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt said investigators are still waiting on information from Tibbetts’ Fitbit.
Brother of missing woman remains hopeful as investigators track down leads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads