Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed on the Find Mollie page under "Announcements" they are collecting money. ()
I know I am not allowed to post the link, if it is against the rules to write this then kindly remove my post.

Agreed -- I think it was an abduction by someone unknown to her. These type situations are very difficult to solve. In spite of a lot of searching, no evidence of her has been found -- as far as we know anyway -- and that, IMO also points to either someone not from the area, or someone who hid her body, or has her in captivity, well away from where she was abducted. My thoughts at this time and from early in this case.

That’s the worst case scenario unfortunately. Is there a truck stop nearby? I wonder if Mollie had a usual run route at that time and had been seen before by a male. I’m reminded of the Vanessa Marcotte case, Vanessa was a jogger who was brutally attacked and murdered I hope and pray that isn’t the case here.

Hopefully they are searching the garbage, local landfill, the woods, any abandoned buildings, cemetery’s etc. It is awful to write this in relation to possibly finding the remains of a young Lady.

So this is an Honest to god city girl question: if someone was lying down amongst the corn, wouldn’t that leave some kind of space that could be detected from above? Say 5+ feet of corn stalks on the ground?
I love how you worded that! An honest to God city girl question! Made me giggle! I'm a city girl too. I lived in a small country town for about 10 years of my adult life. I was such a fish out of water but did my best. Went back to city life. Much more me.

That’s the worst case scenario unfortunately. Is there a truck stop nearby? I wonder if Mollie had a usual run route at that time and had been seen before by a male. I’m reminded of the Vanessa Marcotte case, Vanessa was a jogger who was brutally attacked and murdered I hope and pray that isn’t the case here.

Hopefully they are searching the garbage, local landfill, the woods, any abandoned buildings, cemetery’s etc. It is awful to write this in relation to possibly finding the remains of a young Lady.

Yes, Brooklyn is about 3-4 miles North of I-80 and there is a nice-sized SA Truck Stop at that exit. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard she was missing as well.

It is but we know it's more than likely the case. Hopefully someone is holding her rather than having killed her. The more notoriety this case gets the more likelihood of them killing her imo.....they can't get caught with her or risk an escape by her. But then we have those kidnappers that keep their captures.
I wonder if her fitbit showed her heart rate going up in fear and then stopping at some point. I'm unfamiliar with it so I'm at the mercy of those on here telling us how it works.

It is but we know it's more than likely the case. Hopefully someone is holding her rather than having killed her. The more notoriety this case gets the more likelihood of them killing her imo.....they can't get caught with her or risk an escape by her. But then we have those kidnappers that keep their captures.
I wonder if her fitbit showed her heart rate going up in fear and then stopping at some point. I'm unfamiliar with it so I'm at the mercy of those on here telling us how it works.

If fitbit shows the heartrate it would obviously show if the heart stopped ... and I hate to type that!

Does fitbit indicate when it is switched off or removed? I guess it does right?

So this is an Honest to god city girl question: if someone was lying down amongst the corn, wouldn’t that leave some kind of space that could be detected from above? Say 5+ feet of corn stalks on the ground?
Yes and no... standing corn right now is really lush and tall, but from above you can see to some degree between the rows. Whether you could see see somebody laying down would largely depend on whether some stalks got knocked down and how dense it was to begin with.

BUT: I have dragged a deer through standing corn and that is no easy task. Dragging between rows isn’t bad, but inevitably you need to cross rows and you will leave a path. I can’t imagine dropping a person in the middle of a corn field is a task most people are up to.

The farmers aren't going to wait to harvest. This is their livelihood. You can see in this pic that the ground isn't dug up, in fact there's about a foot of stubble left. The combine driver has a good view of what he's about to cut. After a field is harvested scavenger birds and coyote are all over the fields now that the rabbits and rodents exposed. So, if any evidence is in the field it will easier to see. Farm girl here.

View attachment 139886
Thanks! A picture is worth a thousand words. Very helpful!

Corn doesn't grow like that. The rows are very distinct and the lines very clear. Some rows are male and some female. I'd guess there is about 12"-18" between each row. I'd say it can grow anywhere from 6' - 12' tall depending on the variety. It is very very easy to get lost in a cornfield. A 53-yo man died while working on a cornfield crew near Grand Island, NE a couple of weeks ago and it took a day or two to locate him even though they knew which field he was lost in.

People working in corn walk down the rows and would collapse in between them, not on top of a lot of plants.

They do use drones to do things in cornfields quite a bit.

Corn doesn't grow like that. The rows are very distinct and the lines very clear. Some rows are male and some female. I'd guess there is about 12"-18" between each row. I'd say it can grow anywhere from 6' - 12' tall depending on the variety. It is very very easy to get lost in a cornfield. A 53-yo man died while working on a cornfield crew near Grand Island, NE a couple of weeks ago and it took a day or two to locate him even though they knew which field he was lost in.

People working in corn walk down the rows and would collapse in between them, not on top of a lot of plants.

They do use drones to do things in cornfields quite a bit.

I would be surprised if she is in a corn field. Whoever would have put her there could have a hard time finding their way out. Not knowing if people were looking for her would probably make a perp panic.

Last edited:
I feel she went missing Wednesday night, not Thursday morning.
LE does not know what happened after 7:45 p.m. while on a jog.
She never showed up at her moms for dinner as she was expected.
She was taken imo Wednesday night right around 7:45. I hope she's alive and somehow get word to someone. She could be anywhere by now.

Mollie could still be alive. Do you remember the NH teen- Abigail Hernandez, who was abducted on her way home from school, but reappeared 9 months later. Abby was held captive for those 9 months, and then escaped or was let go by the perp. The same thing could be what happened to Mollie... she could be alive and someone is holding her hostage.

New Hampshire teen, missing for 9 months, found safe
Alleged Abigail Hernandez kidnapping suspect makes first court appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members