Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the scholarship site: "We don’t know yet if Sydney’s tragedy was due to a trafficking incident, but we do believe that the public needs to be more aware of trafficking activities that are taking place and know how to quickly and safely react to them."
My understanding is that in Sydney's case, given that it seems she was lured by Boswell (the female tinder date) for the purpose of "giving" her to Trail to use for his own disturbing, depraved purposes (who knows if he filmed things with intent to sell or if he had intended to force her to do other things for him before he admittedly ended up killing her). Wild speculation, but given how arrogant he is and how the two of them are criminals & con artists out to make money in illegal ways, it would not be surprising to me if there was some element of forced prostitution surrounding that case even if her actual murder was premeditated.
To be clear- I do not think there is anything similar about Mollie's case to Sydney's. Definitely do not suspect human trafficking for Mollie. I only brought up Sydney because she is how I got started here.

Also thanks guys for the warm welcome.

The point LE is trying to make about Sydney's death is she met her killer on Tinder and it went well so she agreed to meet again. Young women need to be more cautious about online relationships. We don't know if Mollie met someone online and it turned badly.

The point LE is trying to make about Sydney's death is she met her killer on Tinder and it went well so she agreed to meet again. Young women need to be more cautious about online relationships. We don't know if Mollie met someone online and it turned badly.
mmmm.....hadn't thought about this possibility.
We just don't know.

Mollie could still be alive. Do you remember the NH teen- Abigail Hernandez, who was abducted on her way home from school, but reappeared 9 months later. Abby was held captive for those 9 months, and then escaped or was let go by the perp. The same thing could be what happened to Mollie... she could be alive and someone is holding her hostage.

New Hampshire teen, missing for 9 months, found safe
Very true if altogether unlikely. BUT it could be.

What I'd like to know is, what do you guys think is most likely to have happened? When most people disappear it's because they have chosen to disappear.

Thoughts?

Just noticed on the Find Mollie page under "Announcements" they are collecting money. ()
I know I am not allowed to post the link, if it is against the rules to write this then kindly remove my post.

We are not allowed to post links to , and I don't remember if we are allowed to bring them up.

What I'd like to know is, what do you guys think is most likely to have happened? When most people disappear it's because they have chosen to disappear.

Thoughts?
While that is true...this does feel like something worse to me. If running away seems unlikely, then suicide probably is too, though both have happened in cases where no one could believe it. That does not leave much except foul play, as if she had an accident, she would have been found...doubtful she would happen to be someplace where she could go undiscovered for so long if she had fallen, had a seizure i.e jmo

Thoughts?
Really? I've never thought that. I think when people disappear it's usually because of someone else. Usually someone they know. I think a person "running away from their life" is not long term usually and doesn't normally make the news.

While that is true...this does feel like something worse to me. If running away seems unlikely, then suicide probably is too, though both have happened in cases where no one could believe it. That does not leave much except foul play, as if she had an accident, she would have been found...doubtful she would happen to be someplace where she could go undiscovered for so long if she had fallen, had a seizure i.e jmo
Well-put. It does feel that way, for sure.

Still, if I were betting, I would play the odds and put money on likelihoods.

Thoughts?

A lot of missing people are held captive for a long period of time. The girls in Ohio who were held captive for what a decade? https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/ohio-women-missing-for-nearly-10-years-found-alive/ A missing boy was found in the walls of his abductor's house. Missing boy found in wall used clever method to alert police

---
got too snarky about
What do you mean?
We have this site for free. Tricia got into a little trouble financially with her site and asked for a little help. She didn't abuse the process and once she was good to go again she ceased the request. This site is a class act. I'm proud to be a member. I could say so much more about the quality of this site.

Maybe I've missed it in these threads, but how was she supposed to get to her moms? If her brother had the car and her boyfriend was gone, could she have planned on walking to moms house and someone she knew stopped to give her a ride?

What do you mean?
We have this site for free. Tricia got into a little trouble financially with her site and asked for a little help. She didn't abuse the process and once she was good to go again she ceased the request. This site is a class act. I'm proud to be a member. I could say so much more about the quality of this site.
Precisely the reason I removed my comment.

I congratulate you for realizing the site's many strengths.

I would be surprised if she is in a corn field. Whoever would have put her there could have a hard time finding their way out. Not knowing if people were looking for her would probably make a perp panic.

JMO
I agree. I just dont think most killers would choose a cornfield to hide a body because they should know that sooner or later that corn is going to be harvested and the body would be easily found.

A site of the attack and possible rape is a definite possibility but then I would think the killer would take steps to move the body in the dark to a better hiding place. Unless he didnt care that a farmer would eventually find the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife