Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we had to decide, what do you guys think has happened?

abduction etc. by parties unknown to her
abduction etc. by someone known to her
accident
left town for own reasons
suicide

Are there other possibilities?

I just really want it to be, left town for own reasons. We all do. But what happened?

Because protecting the integrity of the investigation is crucial while satiating the curiosity of the public doesn't have one thing to do with finding their child?

I just don't understand how people feel entitled to information.
I don't think it's so much that the public feels entitled to info, it's more that the public is so often asked to do this, look here, report that (that sort of thing) but then when conflicting reports come out about a detail in the case, the public would very much like to have it either confirmed or denied. Just a matter of staying factually informed while continuing to help in whatever way we can. I hope that made sense.

If someone stopped by, maybe she put the dogs in the basement because they bark/jump all over/get very excited when visitors are in the house? If that is the case, then maybe someone came by after her run, or followed her to the house and knocked on the door? Seems like in a small town people are more trusting of others. If could explain why everything except her phone was still there. You would think there would be evidence at the house though if something happened to her at that location and if she was talked into going in the car with someone, you would think she would grab her glasses or wallet. But a forceful situation at the house likely would leave evidence of that somewhere?

They have to have answers to many of these questions and just aren't putting info out. They would know if her running clothes were at the house. It was hot out so surely she would have been sweating and there would be some evidence of clothing that had been worked out in somewhere in the house.. bathroom floor, bedroom floor, in the laundry room or in a hamper. If she never returned from that run, they would likely not find anything like that in the house.

Has it been mentioned anywhere if she had a step father? I see mom, brothers, and the boyfriends family mentioned, but what about a step dad? I see her moms name is different than hers so assuming there is one or has been one at some point unless that is a maiden name?

accident
suicide

I just really want it to be, left town for own reasons. We all do. But what happened?

I am still on the "Left of her own volition" side. It feels like the Alison Cope situation of last year to me. I can't quite decide why, but for right now, that's where I am.

accident
suicide

Unfortunately I think abduction by someone known. The circumstances of her being alone are just too perfect for a stranger

great post hatfield. methinks you're on to something...

but if she got into a car she'd have her wallet and ID on her. they were taking the kids on a field trip to the county fair (hence all the day care aides wearing the red shirts).

also explains why the question of how was she supposed to get to work all the more sensitive and why it's going unanswered...

and i cannot comment on the dogs, i've never had one so can't give any input. reminds me of the mcstay case which i'd like to forget :D:mad::rolleyes:...

Yea, I forgot all about the wallet and ID. There is always something that makes it even more complicated. LOL :)

But in that case she would have taken her ID, at the very least.
Yes.
It's unknown if her ID was in her purse. My husband puts his IDs in his running shorts in case he's hit by car while running. He frequently forgets to put it back in his wallet.

Mollie may have been forced out of the home before picking up her purse with her ID.

I was lying in bed last night and I had an "Aha Moment".

The dogs Mollie were dog sitting know her. They probably know her very well. I wonder if they would try to protect her if someone attacked her? Conversely, would they do nothing, if the person who attacked Mollie (assuming she was attacked) was known to them? Perhaps well known?

So it is possible that Mollie was abducted while out on a run. It's a theory at this point. The dogs are not involved in this scenario.

If something happened "in the home" the dogs either may go into protection mode or not perhaps; depending on who all was in the house that night.

Typically, burglars, etc., bypass a home where dogs are present. It's just something they don't want to deal with. If the person is known to the dogs, then it's no problem.

Someone posted a while back, "if only dogs could talk". Maybe they have.

MOO

I was lying in bed last night and I had an "Aha Moment".

The dogs Mollie were dog sitting know her. They probably know her very well. I wonder if they would try to protect her if someone attacked her? Conversely, would they do nothing, if the person who attacked Mollie (assuming she was attacked) was known to them? Perhaps well known?

So it is possible that Mollie was abducted while out on a run. It's a theory at this point. The dogs are not involved in this scenario.

If something happened "in the home" the dogs either may go into protection mode or not perhaps; depending on who all was in the house that night.

Someone posted a while back, "if only dogs could talk". Maybe they have.

MOO

The dogs were discussed in the last thread and it was said they were very timid.. would not have tried to attack. Where that info came from or how accurate, who knows... Regardless, they wouldn't be much help.

This article states she sent a text at 7pm and then a Snapchat to her BF. This is new...is it accurate?

FBI Joins Search For Missing Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts Nearly One Week After Her Disappearance

Yes, it is new. Info was always stated that the 7 pm text was to her mother. Now it is changed to her boyfriend.

At about 7 p.m. she sent a text to her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, and then a SnapChat that he opened around 10 p.m. that night, he told ABC 5 Local.

What is that childhood game? Telephone?

Last edited:
And maybe, just maybe, she didn’t take her wallet or whatnot Bc she didn’t want to fool with it at the fair and she wasn’t driving. Had her phone and Fitbit and some contacts in that no one knew about (owns multiple pairs) i realize this is a stretch but hey, what else do we have to do at this point but continue to bang our heads on the wall of this rabbit hole we have descended?

I'm still wondering how much the police/FBI are looking at this guy. He lives less than a quarter mile away and was convicted of rape of a 13 year old girl. http://www.iowasexoffender.com/registrant/8101/AUSTIN-HUDSON-IOWA/?postalcode=52211&type=simple
If the address was put in the sex offenders site wrong and it's actually 508 W DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 (it has it listed as 508 B E DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 but that address doesn't exit), that makes this house a 1 minute drive from her address at
622 W Des Moines St,Brooklyn, IA 52211

Attachments

• address.PNG
    address.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors