Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking if she was taken by someone that person is likely fit because she was not able to outrun them.

Only if she was already in the grove of a full on 'run' at that time... I think in these cases, it's a perp stopping the victim, asking for directions or help or whatever. The victim stops to interact with the perp and that's when they make their move.

I realize the FIT BIT is a huge focus here on WS and in this case in general... and how awesome it would be if it ends up being the thing leading LE to Mollie's whereabouts.

However: With all the knowledge about smartphones/fitbits, I don't understand why these things would not have been discarded straight away once she was abducted. Seems too risky to have these items tagging along making it easier to locate Mollie or the perp (if she's with perp). I would imagine perp is intelligent enough to have thought of this important detail?

Sorry, I haven't read everything. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
I've known friends who absolutely need their glasses to drive but will walk around the house at times without them.

To me there are 3 confusing points in the information given:

1 Are they positive she didn't have her contacts in (many times I have more than one pair going. I leave the old pair in my case when I'm ready to trash them and put a new pair in)? If she didn't, the only scenario I see is her answering the door for someone she was expecting.

2 The dogs were in the basement. According to the family they were put in the basement when the family was leaving the house. (Again, she was expecting someone, perhaps planned on leaving with them and put the dogs up)

3 Was it unusual for her to not show up for dinner? The family hasn't said if they tried calling her when she didn't show up. (Could they tell if she ate anything for dinner that night at home? Or could she have made plans to go out with someone?)

I know her wallet was found but what about her id? I've left before with just phone ID and cash/card.

I realize the FIT BIT is a huge focus here on WS and in this case in general... and how awesome it would be if it ends up being the thing leading LE to Mollie's whereabouts.

However: With all the knowledge about smartphones/fitbits, I don't understand why these things would not have been discarded straight away once she was abducted. Seems too risky to have these items tagging along making it easier to locate Mollie or the perp (if she's with perp). I would imagine perp is intelligent enough to have thought of this important detail?
If an abductor wasn't familiar with Fitbits, he would think my Fitbit Charge is only a black plastic watch.

Sorry, I haven't read everything. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
I've known friends who absolutely need their glasses to drive but will walk around the house at times without them.

To me there are 3 confusing points in the information given:

1 Are they positive she didn't have her contacts in (many times I have more than one pair going. I leave the old pair in my case when I'm ready to trash them and put a new pair in)? If she didn't, the only scenario I see is her answering the door for someone she was expecting.

2 The dogs were in the basement. According to the family they were put in the basement when the family was leaving the house. (Again, she was expecting someone, perhaps planned on leaving with them and put the dogs up)

3 Was it unusual for her to not show up for dinner? The family hasn't said if they tried calling her when she didn't show up. (Could they tell if she ate anything for dinner that night at home? Or could she have made plans to go out with someone?)

I know her wallet was found but what about her id? I've left before with just phone ID and cash/card.

1. I NEED glasses to see, but I have 2 current pairs that I switch between depending on my outfit. I also have RX sunglasses, that I would wear if I was going out for jog perhaps? We need an inventory of her corrective eye wear.

2. I think she was absolutely preparing to leave, or had just returned from run. Those dogs were exactly where they needed to be if left alone, maybe they were known to chew or bark nonstop while running freely in the house.

3. This one has me stumped also. I would check on my kids had they not attended an arranged dinner plan with me. My mother would do the same for me... Unless it was a 'willy nilly' plan, like "if you're in the neighborhood later, feel free to stop by" but nothing super concrete?

Excellent questions.

Only if she was already in the grove of a full on 'run' at that time... I think in these cases, it's a perp stopping the victim, asking for directions or help or whatever. The victim stops to interact with the perp and that's when they make their move.

Sadly this could be what happened if its a stranger abduction. The confusion over that last jog seems to allow this possibility.

The Poweshiek County Sheriff Department was posting daily call logs up until July 21st when they suddenly stopped. It seems it was a daily/regular thing up until that point.....could be nothing, but wonder why?
Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office

They're probably getting inundated with calls and tips and I'd assume they're pretty busy with this case.

They'd have to have someone go through and pull out only the calls that aren't tips, since I'm guessing the tips are anonymous/ they wouldn't publish the address or origin. I'm not sure I see the point of them having someone do that only to post the normal everyday call list? I don't think them not posting it means anything other than they are unusually busy and posting the call list for normal calls is a low priority.

Depends on the type of person. If it’s some old, creepy man for instance, maybe they’re the type that doesn’t notice what her “bracelet” is.

I do it. I wear a neck knife and remain super alert. Usually I run the canyon though and it's filled with people - many of us know each other.

It's jogging the street that makes me nervous.

I never wear ear buds. You have to be alert and aware. I notice people and their body language and mine is aggressive if I feel something is wrong.

We all have to learn how to be tough and teach our girls the same.

I'm not polite and I don't give up space. No man has a right to ever approach me for any reason when I'm alone. He can ask another man.

Gosh I went to Staples today and the checker was this young gal who looked a bit like Mollie. I had the wild urge to ask her "Are you being careful? Are you safe? Be careful! Take care of yourself!!!"

I kept my mouth shut though. I would've seemed crazy.

But the vulnerability of these young, sweet girls. It scares me.

Great post!

With all the media attention regarding the FitBit, if this alleged old, creepy man didn't know about her "bracelet" before, he does now. :(
The fact that this has been reported prominently in the media has perturbed me. The perp is more than likely following the news about the case. This type of knowledge could be detrimental to finding Mollie whether alive or deceased :-(

Just thinking, do they know for sure she went running. All they got is the neighbors words saying so. Wonder how confident they are in their story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3