Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie would have to grant someone explicit permission (essentially "friending" them on the fitbit app/website) for anyone besides Mollie to view her runs/workout history/weight etc. Fitbit should have a record of anyone Mollie granted such permissions to.

2 Notes from this article:

1. "Authorities have NOT found her Fitbit or cellphone."

2. "The reward fund offered for the safe return of a missing University of Iowa student has grown to more than $332,000."

That language suggests Mollie has to return, Sharon Papini style, alive and well to get the reward. Is there a separate reward for turning in someone who is ultimately held responsible for MT's disappearance, in the worst case scenario she's not alive and well?

My guess is most people will assume the reward is for any info about Mollie's disappearance; which could be a helpful lack of understanding by the general public.

Mollie Tibbetts reward fund reaches $332,000

I posted this earlier today......

I am convinced she was taken during her run.

It all comes back to the Fitbit...

- When Tibbetts' Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortved(Mitch Mortvedt, spokesperson for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation) said. Source: Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

So they got a Fitbit "ping" at the hog farm. In order for the Fitbit to "ping", it was using GPS via her phone. In normal mode, Fitbits do not use GPS. The only way for it to get and use GPS information is for it to be put into an activity mode (running, biking swimming, etc). Mollie's Fitbit's (Alta HR) only activity mode is called MobileRun, which is activated through the Fitbit app on her phone. MobileRun is how one tracks their run, by providing heart rate, distance, and time overlayed on the GPS route data. When one finishes their run, they stop MobileRun(through the Fitbit app on the phone), which then shows the results and allows one to compare previous runs. So Mollie's Fitbit was using MobileRun when it "pinged" at or near the hog farm.

Putting all this together... Mollie activated MobileRun at the beginning of her run but never stopped MobileRun. Combine this with her missing workout outfit, missing headphones, dogs in the basement, and an undisturbed house. I think it is almost certain Mollie was taken on her run. It also explains how LE is confident in their timeline.
Best post I have seen on the Fitbit "ping. "How big a land/water/etc. area would this "ping" when active, near the farm, means needs to be searched ? Thank you.

I don't believe Mr. Tibbetts is in any danger. This coward ran off with a 5'3" woman. I don't see him having it in him to take on an adult male.

This just makes me so sad. To see Mr. Tibbett's out there at the fair, looking for his daughter. A life shattered into a million shards- a life sentence of pain. There is just no way I can not feel the enormity of this situation.
Mollie would not hurt her loved ones like this intentionally.
Lord and angels above please bring Mollie home!
JMO

Interesting, but I just don't know. Something about it says unrelated. But who knows!
It’s just scary if you then google further as to how this person operates, sending the same kind of message to many many girls at the Uof I and some have met up with him and he’s been accused ( not convicted so innocent until proven otherwise) of not letting them leave until they agree to have sex with him or to be in a relationship with him . Very unnerving!

It’s just scary if you then google further as to how this person operates, sending the same kind of message to many many girls at the Uof I and some have met up with him and he’s been accused ( not convicted so innocent until proven otherwise) of not letting them leave until they agree to have sex with him or to be in a relationship with him . Very unnerving!
It is the only scenario I have seen so far that leaves open the possibility that she could still be alive.

If LE has info and was keeping family informed...I don’t think her dad would be at the fair. That is clear evidence they aren’t...unless they really are stuck. And for those who say how could LE be stuck, all that experience, all those agents...visit the Cold Case/Missing but not Forgotten threads. Many of those cases included the FBI. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper