Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pow-a-sheek. He was a chief of the Fox.

Iowa is an American Indian battleground of sorts. Up north were the Sioux, or Lakota or Dakota. They were aggressive and very populous. Down South were Fox, Pottawattamies, the Chippeways, Sacs, Ottawas, Ho-Chunk, Sauk, Sac and others.

The Sauk were lied to, bullied and pushed into Illinois (and eventually into Iowa). Their great Chief Black Hawk attacked the United States. In fact Black Hawk was given a commission in the British Army in the War of 1812. He was a Brevet Brig General. A battle was fought in the Mississippi on Credit Island. Also a battle at Rock Island. Massacres here and there. I want to say William Henry Harrison was US Army commanding.

I am a little rusty, but after the War of 1812, the Sioux Nation declared wars on the southern Indians - The Fox Allies (Sauk). A line of forts was built by the US to keep some piece.

You see American Indian Names in Iowa like Black Hawk, Keokuk, Poweshiek, and US Forts like Ft Madison, Ft Atkinson, Ft Dodge, etc.

LaCrosse WI was a place by the Mississippi where Indians played Lacrosse for days on fields that went on for miles. :)

Black Hawk died in Des Moines Co. His body was either stolen or never recovered or burned.

Thank you, that's all very interesting. We have lots of Algonquin, Abenaki, Pequod, Wampanoag, and other tribal names around New England, but the languages and culture are quite different.

Kind of, I guess. Somehow I don't believe every home/farm/building was officially searched. I'm sure they walked around and asked everyone to search their buildings/barn etc.

Not judging at all, just speculating that without some official search that I'm doubtful those areas were thoroughly search.
But yes, that does leave all of the land/fields to be searched.
There were official searches by air, land and water. They utilized dogs as well. If you look on the MSM section you can read about them.

That is not clear. MT included no details in her message to DJ other than to imply it was her "pink coat" that allegedly triggered the reporting.
They were looking for a missing child wearing a pink coat and mistook her for the child.

I'm wondering when was MT's experience regarding her being approached in a library by a "cop" investigating whether or not she was a "missing child" wearing a pink coat? If it was either of those days listed above I suspect it would have been a major topic of discussion but I guess it comes down to MT's experience was simply a mistaken issue (from a different date range) and is not related to this case.

Odd... I hadn’t come across this story. Makes me wonder if she was in a campus library, which would likely mean campus police, or the public library, and an Iowa City police officer.

Just a caution, I don't think we can bring up trafficking in this thread. I brought that idea/subject up many, many threads ago and it went south quickly. A few said Mollie's not the "type" traffickers want.
Anyway, I think someone mentioned that there is another thread on the board dedicated to trafficking topics.
Thank you so much! I'm new to this so if it needs to be deleted, no problem! Sorry, moderators!

Not sure it’s helpful, but I know at times other LE have utilized psychics to help with different cases. Any idea if anyone has been called to assist. Last resort I’m sure

I’m not sure whether that is significant or not. I feel like based on tv etc we often overestimate the extent LE can and will reasonably go in these investigations...yes, even with a life hanging in the balance. It’s simply not realistic to search every square inch of an entire county...Im sure LE is focusing their limited resources and directing the public to focus their resources, on areas that are most likely and plausible based on what they know so far.
which was why they called in federal and state agencies to assist them.

Not sure if the site Crime Online is considered MSM, but they have an interview with the guy who last saw her jog by and here is the 10% of the article worth noting:

"(the witness) said the name-calling, such as being called “killer” and “pervert” by social media users online, while other people bang on his door, has stressed him out and scared his young daughter. He reiterated that the FBI already questioned him and he has not been named a suspect in Mollie’s disappearance."

Ok, now seriously, if anyone is wondering why a person who knew something would not come forward and tell the police, all one has to do is look at how they've treated some of the people who have so far. People need to be a little less "angry mob" and a little more "helpful citizen". JMHO

There are indications she made it home that evening yes?
No. The dogs were still in the basement where they were put when they were left alone. The only reason to believe she made it home was based witness DC stating to the press that LE told him she made it home safely and had been studying on her computer later in the evening. LE won't corroborate that.

which was why they called in federal and state agencies to assist them.
Sure and even these agents don’t bring down the full wrath of the US Justice Department to solve a single murder. I’m just trying to set reasonable expectations...they will NEVER search “all the land” in the county, so it’s not a shock that the authorities haven’t implored the land owners to do so themselves. It’s impossible, even with a whopping 15 FBI agents. Not only that, it’s a waste of time...investigations don’t just search an entire 20 mile radius...they focus on likely spots and areas that have some glimmer of hope based on what they do know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06