Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great info. That leaves the land.

Kind of, I guess. Somehow I don't believe every home/farm/building was officially searched. I'm sure they walked around and asked everyone to search their buildings/barn etc.

Not judging at all, just speculating that without some official search that I'm doubtful those areas were thoroughly search.
But yes, that does leave all of the land/fields to be searched.

Looks like a "software issue" led the sheriff to pull the public call logs for the 15th and 16th, per his Facebook page. Sez he will not be posting them in response to a question. Maybe they were never posted but seems odd all the others have been. Software issue? Really?

I'm wondering when was MT's experience regarding her being approached in a library by a "cop" investigating whether or not she was a "missing child" wearing a pink coat? If it was either of those days listed above I suspect it would have been a major topic of discussion but I guess it comes down to MT's experience was simply a mistaken issue (from a different date range) and is not related to this case.

I'm wondering when was MT's experience regarding her being approached in a library by a "cop" investigating whether or not she was a "missing child" wearing a pink coat? If it was either of those days listed above I suspect it would have been a major topic of discussion but I guess it comes down to MT's experience was simply a mistaken issue (from a different date range) and is not related to this case.

IIRC, that was in November. My assumption was it occurred at college as she was in a library studying in November. JMO.

Dumb question department. How do you pronounce "Poweshiek"?

Pow-a-sheek. He was a chief of the Fox.

Iowa is an American Indian battleground of sorts. Up north were the Sioux, or Lakota or Dakota. They were aggressive and very populous. Down South were Fox, Pottawattamies, the Chippeways, Sacs, Ottawas, Ho-Chunk, Sauk, Sac and others.

The Sauk were lied to, bullied and pushed into Illinois (and eventually into Iowa). Their great Chief Black Hawk attacked the United States. In fact Black Hawk was given a commission in the British Army in the War of 1812. He was a Brevet Brig General. A battle was fought in the Mississippi on Credit Island. Also a battle at Rock Island. Massacres here and there. I want to say William Henry Harrison was US Army commanding.

I am a little rusty, but after the War of 1812, the Sioux Nation declared wars on the southern Indians - The Fox Allies (Sauk). A line of forts was built by the US to keep some piece.

You see American Indian Names in Iowa like Black Hawk, Keokuk, Poweshiek, and US Forts like Ft Madison, Ft Atkinson, Ft Dodge, etc.

LaCrosse WI was a place by the Mississippi where Indians played Lacrosse for days on fields that went on for miles. :)

Black Hawk died in Des Moines Co. His body was either stolen or never recovered or burned.

Last edited:
What is the ONE question you would ask LE about this case if you knew they would give you an answer?
I suspect they have a whole lot of information on a whole lot of people right now. I don't think they know who done it.
I would love to know who is in their sights and who isn't. I'm guessing they, like us, have several different opinions and their individual sights set on different individuals. Now they have to prove it.
Sorry for the ....My question. Who do you suspect is responsible for Mollie missing?

Last edited:
IIRC, that was in November. My assumption was it occurred at college as she was in a library studying in November. JMO.

Alright. I've been looking at it from the perspective of a "cop" approaching MT (according to her message) but maybe it should be approached from who allegedly called LE to report they saw a "missing child wearing a pink coat." A stalker works over time. It's just an avenue that should be explored and resolved, to be complete.

Who was this missing child they were looking for? Surely they did not mistake Mollie for a child???

Kind of, I guess. Somehow I don't believe every home/farm/building was officially searched. I'm sure they walked around and asked everyone to search their buildings/barn etc.

Not judging at all, just speculating that without some official search that I'm doubtful those areas were thoroughly search.
But yes, that does leave all of the land/fields to be searched.

I've read about a lot of searches. So, I'm not as skeptical of that. But, it is very possible she was missed in the searches. We had a poster here that was involved in the coordinated official searches.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/public-safety/search-continues-mollie-tibbetts-brooklyn-missing-student-press-conference-investigators-news-search-university-of-iowa-details-leads-20180731?template=amphtml

"Thus far, in excess of 200 leads have been followed up on, (and) searches have included ground, air and the utilization of K-9s,” he said. “Since July 19, law enforcement and volunteers have searched tirelessly for Mollie, (and) investigators continue to work this case aggressively.”

Is this incident something that has been confirmed by MSM or LE anyway?

Results of polygraphs are known immediately to the tester. Some testees want to know the results immediately, some don't really care. As per what seems to be protocol for this case, while we learned there was a poly given this week, results were kept close to the vest.
There are 4 results to any poly; pass, fail, incomplete and inconclusive. LE said that while they had nothing for today, they would have more info on Monday.
My biggest fear is the poly will be inconclusive. And yet, it can offer us a more clear direction.
Personally, I think she felt she really knew the person she encountered and the situation went south in the wink of an eye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member