Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found interesting about that, was in the comments someone asks if the issue is resolved and would they post it. The county states calls for that time frame will not be posted. I took that to mean ever.

Yes, I found that weird, too. I was just trying to run through, if this was related to MT, why/how they would know that early to not post the logs when she hadn't been officially called in as missing yet. I will stop my train of thought there.

Additionally, though, perhaps there WAS a software issue and not posting them on the 19 was totally innocent, but after it was fixed, the FBI/whoever looked into them and someone they have an eye on for Mollie's disappearance were on those logs?

Ok, I have spent my entire morning trying to find something about a missing girl in Iowa Nov 14 2017. I cannot find anything. I found a story of a girl on Nov 20, and a boy prior to her pinned tweet. Wouldn’t there be some sort of news coverage, if a 10 year old girl who went missing in Iowa City? Also, November 14 was a Tuesday, so it appears she pinned it the night the mistaken identity happened.

Unless they found the girl shortly after she was "missing"?

I've wondered if someone was watching her for a while and this was some sort of test, though. Another interesting fact - Lyric Cook was 10 years old when she went missing. Mollie was reported missing six years and six days after Lyric and Elizabeth went missing. I've previously suspected Lyric was the primary target and Elizabeth was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not saying the cases are connected, but it's a possibility - anything is at this time.

LE searched an area (Lincoln Wildlife Area?) somewhat near the "pig farm" (where there aren't any pigs) based on a tip. (Fact).
A local posted here on Websleuths that the search occurred due to someone finding a red shirt in that area. (Rumor). I don't remember if there were MSM reports to corroborate that, and the local subsequently declined to post more about that topic. LE was asked about a red shirt in the last PC, IIRC, and they declined to comment. And that's all I know.

Some info about the red shirt here..

Was a Red Shirt Found in Mollie Tibbetts’ Disappearance? | Heavy.com

LE searched an area (Lincoln Wildlife Area?) somewhat near the "pig farm" (where there aren't any pigs) based on a tip. (Fact).
A local posted here on Websleuths that the search occurred due to someone finding a red shirt in that area. (Rumor). I don't remember if there were MSM reports to corroborate that, and the local subsequently declined to post more about that topic. LE was asked about a red shirt in the last PC, IIRC, and they declined to comment. And that's all I know.

There were news reports that a red shirt was found. Here is one: FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
On Thursday, search teams scoured ditches near a pig farm that had been searched nearly a week ago after finding nearby a possible clue to her disappearance -- a red shirt.

However, we don't know if the red shirt belonged to Mollie or if she actually owned a third red shirt. Her mother accounted for two of them. Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
Laura Calderwood told DailyMail.com that she had found two of her daughter’s red work shirts in her bedroom but could not be certain there wasn’t a third somewhere.

Ok, we’ve discussed the bike race and the fair as events that could bring people in from out of town. What are some other events that would do the same thing? Was there anything else going on around the time she went missing? A funeral? Just thinking out loud.
I wondered about the funeral thing as the funeral home could easily been on her route.

I also am currently thinking MT may have been taken by someone she did not know while out walking or running but that it happened the night of the 18. My reasons for not thinking it happened early on the 19 are that I don't think she would have gone to bed wearing her sweaty running clothes from the night before, nor put those same clothes back on in the morning. As far as we know, those clothes haven't been found, so she would have been wearing them. If it was raining (and possibly chilly too), I don't know that she would have set out in just a sports bra.

Also if it was raining, would she have worn her phone in the armband that we believe is missing too? I don't typically run in the rain but if I was setting out in the rain, I would personally make sure my phone was tucked away somewhere it would definitely not get wet at all. Just my thoughts

Good points for sure.

Ok, I have spent my entire morning trying to find something about a missing girl in Iowa Nov 14 2017. I cannot find anything. I found a story of a girl on Nov 20, and a boy prior to her pinned tweet. Wouldn’t there be some sort of news coverage, if a 10 year old girl who went missing in Iowa City? Also, November 14 was a Tuesday, so it appears she pinned it the night the mistaken identity happened.
Try the Charley project under geographical search. I have been combing through them looking for similarities.

I am very aware this is real life.
If anyone reading here has Mollie Tibbetts or knows where she is, for good or for bad, this needs to be resolved now.
The longer it goes on, the more it escalates.
If it was for attention on anyone's part, they got it in spades.
Stop. Think. Act.
Chi
SJM-L-MOLLIE-0809-4.jpg

It has?????

Unless LE has her running clothing and running shoes and the family isn’t aware of, I would agree with mom that she never made it back from run. As an avid long distance runner myself, it does not make sense to me that she would have made it back and headed anywhere else, to moms for dinner, or even sat down to do homework or SM without at least changing out of her sweaty clothes and shoes. And they haven’t been accounted for. I ALWAYS change IMMEDIATELY after running/working out, non negotiable, as I’m usually saturated.

Or maybe I just sweat a lot

Thank you for this. I have added this to the map I created.
Thanks for working on a case map. Not sure if this is feasible but on google maps it tells you the time it takes to walk from point A to point B or the time it takes to travel that distance in a car. Is that something that could be worked into your map?

What I found interesting about that, was in the comments someone asks if the issue is resolved and would they post it. The county states calls for that time frame will not be posted. I took that to mean ever.

I wonder if the Freedom Of Information act applies and if someone in the media would be all over this (omission)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member