Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I believe she is also alive. Are there any verified facts or evidence that she is not? I wouldn’t want to think differently until there are. Holding out hope and safe return of Mollie to her family and friends.
Nothing would make all of us happier than to find Mollie alive, and that is a possibility.

Does anyone else remember reading or watching an interview wit DJ brother in which he stated it wouldn’t be like Mollie to stay overnight in the house if everyone else was gone?
I don't remember that specifically, but I do know I have read that is was uncommon for her to be staying in the house alone. Way too many articles, I don't know where I saw it.

What 20 year old girl/woman (or anyone for that matter) would go on a (estimated/most likely) 45 minute run and then NOT shower immediately upon returning home???

After running/walking combo for 45 minutes on a hot/humid Midwestern evening? - most (if not all) people would be sweaty, smelly and beyond ready to get out of their clothes and get in the shower!!!

To me - she vanished while on her run - plain and simple.

Me! I’m not a person who sweats a lot. It’s not uncommon for me to get home from a run and get busy doing other things before showering. I wouldn’t even necessarily hesitate to go talk with a friend (close or casual) (especially at 20) right after a run.

Yes, I found that weird, too. I was just trying to run through, if this was related to MT, why/how they would know that early to not post the logs when she hadn't been officially called in as missing yet. I will stop my train of thought there.

Additionally, though, perhaps there WAS a software issue and not posting them on the 19 was totally innocent, but after it was fixed, the FBI/whoever looked into them and someone they have an eye on for Mollie's disappearance were on those logs?

The logs were posted in public and events on them have been cited by others. They are no longer there. Trying to get my head around the type of software issue that would cause two logs in a long sequence to be missing when they continue to post new logs. At the worst, if they are so committed to public disclosure of their activities, why not repost these two? They have dispositively answered they will not repost them.

Ok, I have spent my entire morning trying to find something about a missing girl in Iowa Nov 14 2017. I cannot find anything. I found a story of a girl on Nov 20, and a boy prior to her pinned tweet. Wouldn’t there be some sort of news coverage, if a 10 year old girl who went missing in Iowa City? Also, November 14 was a Tuesday, so it appears she pinned it the night the mistaken identity happened.
Did you check the police report for 11/14/17? Perhaps it wasn't called in but someone mentioned it to campus security and it was campus security that spoke with Mollie in the library? I believe there is a bus system for that college.

Last edited:
Me! I’m not a person who sweats a lot. It’s not uncommon for me to get home from a run and get busy doing other things before showering. I wouldn’t even necessarily hesitate to go talk with a friend (close or casual) (especially at 20) right after a run.

Hmmmm - I wonder if MT is of a similar nature?

Did you check the police report for 11/14/17? Perhaps it wasn't called in but someone mentioned it to campus security and it was campus security that spoke with Mollie in the library?

Do the police log in events pertaining to minors? If they are found?

Or if on Univ Iowa property, could be Campus Security.

Speaking of phones, do you think there is any chance he might have Mollie's phone?

I'm assuming he does. Likely he pulled the sim card and cut the power around the pig farm. But I don't think he ditched it then. Cuz they haven't found it.

Somehow Mollie's fitbit and phone (needed for the fitbit to register GPS coordinates) traveled at least 10+ miles south of Brooklyn--at which point it's not clear if the fitbit stopped registering GPS pings or if that's only as far as LE is willing to admit knowing about.

FACT: MT did NOT return home to her Mother's house, where she had a bedroom,that night.
UNKNOWN: There is no proof one way or another that she returned home to the BFs house where she was staying that night.
On you Unknown theory wouldn't it depend if they can get an accurate log time for the online homework? We have seen multiple reports of doing homework in 'evening' or 'late evening'. I still can't reconcile these reports to those presenting theories that she was grabbed on a run or got in car while on run.

Ok, I have spent my entire morning trying to find something about a missing girl in Iowa Nov 14 2017. I cannot find anything. I found a story of a girl on Nov 20, and a boy prior to her pinned tweet. Wouldn’t there be some sort of news coverage, if a 10 year old girl who went missing in Iowa City? Also, November 14 was a Tuesday, so it appears she pinned it the night the mistaken identity happened.

This detail is really bugging me. I am wondering exactly who approached her? Local police or campus police? The questions nagging me all have to do with was this a legit officer or someone posing as one in an effort to get close to her. It really does seem like a bizarre incident given what we know. I hope LE has it on their list of red flags.

Just wondering, but are all threads shut down overnight, or just this one because of number of people following? Admittedly, it has been a while since I followed a case as closely as I am this one, but I don't recall any other threads I have ever followed being closed to posting overnight. Is this new, or am I just having a senior moment? Please let today be the day we find Mollie![/QU

Hi Steve! Yes, lots has changed.....I am having senior moments navigating the changes, myself! Good to see a familiar face. Also, as to Mollie, it seems to me if she had been home in the morning in the rain, she could have easily CALLED her brother to pick her up..as opposed to running a mile in the rain....but the evidence so far, suggests that she was NOT HOME in the morning, and had been abducted on her run the night before, BEFORE she reached her Mom's house. I don't understand why anyone thinks she was home.

x

I couldn't find anything even expanding the search to the surrounding states. Of course a lot of missing children are only on the news for a few hours before they're updated with a happy ending, but I couldn't even find any news items that might fit.

It seems like a silly enough mistake but in retrospect it makes me wonder if there was a stalker and he made up the story to have an excuse to approach her. Not likely, I know...

Good Morning WS !!! WOW Thread #21 already!!!
I am praying today is the day the Mollie is found!!!
I feel for the PC to be postponed.....again...that LE are diligently working on the case 24 hours a day and following up on tips and will be reporting something other than."we have nothing new to report". I am hopeful anyways.
I think it was someone fairly local, not well known to her but she may know some family members and I have headed down a few rabbit holes the past few days/nights until I couldn't keep my eyes open.
I think LE is on the right path looking through cornfields and farms, however I think they need to broaden their search area as there are a few other farms that have open fields and sheds and barns that need to be searched and they are within 15 miles of WC's farm. I always thought WC is Innocent and I still do.
I have nothing new to add as you all seem to have covered a whole lot of information and I am starting to read this thread backwards to try to catch up as we seem to be going through a thread per day. I pop in several times a day for updates and will continue to do so until Mollie is found.
Carry on and enjoy the weekend...we have a beautiful hot summer day here in Michigan and all 5 kids and 4 of the 6 grandkiddos will be here along with their dogs LOL ..and we just got a new puppy to go along with our rescue dog that we got 8 mos ago so it is going to be a very entertaining day !!

Do the police log in events pertaining to minors? If they are found?

Or if on Univ Iowa property, could be Campus Security.
It may have been campus security and the U of Iowa's bus system she was referring to. Maybe nothing more than the campus security notifying each other via walkie talkie (if they still use those) at the time.

Did LE ever disclose the last time her phone pinged? That would tell us when she disappeared.

OMG, I am finally here and caught up! TGISaturday! Although there are a lot of ideas and impressions that have gone through my head while I have scrolled, my most pervasive repeated thought has been Sierah Joughlin (spelling probably incorrect). It brings me to Occam's Razor. It could have been someone who had been watching/aware of her routine or totally happenstance as she jogged/walked. But I just keep thinking of all those corn fields, just like Sierah.

Unless LE has her running clothing and running shoes and the family isn’t aware of, I would agree with mom that she never made it back from run. As an avid long distance runner myself, it does not make sense to me that she would have made it back and headed anywhere else, to moms for dinner, or even sat down to do homework or SM without at least changing out of her sweaty clothes and shoes. And they haven’t been accounted for. I ALWAYS change IMMEDIATELY after running/working out, non negotiable, as I’m usually saturated.

Or maybe I just sweat a lot
Mollie could have showered and changed at her mom's house, if she had planned to go there for dinner, pick up the car, and then drive back to the boyfriend's house. She had a room and clothes at her mom's house. Just mentioning that because it changes the possible jogging routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member