Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say, as a father, this case terrifies me... I'm overly cautious when I run and only have one ear bud in, wear bright clothes, carry my RoadID, and usually open carry also. . At 6'2", 220lbs and a former wrestler and boxer I know that I could still be surprised and harmed... Unfortunately there are bad men and women out there and we have to be careful. I feel bad because a woman should be able to go about her day and not have to second guys every male she comes in contact... Parents of boys, please teach them the value of life and that ladies should be respected...

Molly is on the short side (average for my family, we top out around 5’4) but does not have childish looks or figure at all. My sisters are both 5’0 and we are all under 120 but not childlike.
I think clothing, makeup, and hair style can really change the way one looks. T-shirt, yoga pants, no makeup, hair in a ponytail and I could easily pass for a teen (I'm in my late 30s). I also think some people are just very poor judges of age (makes me think of the guess my weight, age, etc game at the carnival).

I have no strong opinion on the missing 10 yr old November incident but am sure it was on LEs radar to at least look into from day one. Unless, they already had another solid lead that didn't involve said incident. I'm still hoping that is the case and they just don't have enough to charge, yet. Moo.

It's certainly everyone's choice to form their own opinions based on the facts and conflicting reports.
Absolutely agee that everyone gets a choice and has the ability to form their own opinion! I think that I have been unable to form much in the way of a theory due to conflicting statements, possible misinformation by LE, lack of quality in witness statements, no information about digital data or timeline from LE. I do think its possible to stack up the various theories that have been presented and rank them in terms of probability based on the poor information that we have at this point and I think this is what we have been doing in a somewhat disorganized conversation manner. I think the case can definately be made for MT going missing while out of the house, I am not certain however it is clear on exactly which day she went missing. LE spoke to the missing date as the 18th and they must have had a reason for this statement but I think another case can be made for the 19th being the missing date too. Challenging state of affairs in terms of presenting theories! We shall see.

I don’t recall ever seeing joggers along any highway in this area, maybe not unheard of but certainly not common. Too many good running surfaces along the city streets.

Its too bad we don't know someone nearby that could go for a GoPro run along this loop, and possibly suggest better alternates. Maybe at ~7:30pm to get a better idea of available light, and what street light are/aren't on.

Thanks. When I click on the link, I see that the youtube video is not available and that the comments are disabled. Would you happen to have an MSM link?
If someone can tell me what exactly this woman is saying in terms of a working theory and timeline I would certainly appreciate it. I found the interview extremely general and it had me questioning how much she has actually read about the case. As she was billed as a former FBI profiler I actually exected more substance. Just keep listening to her and asking myself 'where is the beef'? Disappointing media time filler at best IMO.

I picked up my son from preschool last week and one of the kids greeted me with "Wow!! X's mom is SO little!!" I'm 4'11. I've been mistaken for my teen son's sister and asked "is your Dad home?" by door to door solicitors. Personally, I take it as a compliment. At 20, I definitely looked like a child. Moo.

Same, I'm 5'1" and have very childlike facial features. When I first started working at a big firm (where people only know the people they work with), a few of the secretaries thought I was a partner's teenage daughter helping at the firm for the summer, not a 24 year old attorney. Just recently in my 30s when a contractor came to my house he asked if my dad was there to talk to him about the project. o_O

Were there any sweat drops by the front door or a sweaty hand print? All easily detected and evidence she made it home after a run. He scent should have been available for dogs for days

Just had a thought...what if LE advised her boyfriend not to reveal the content of the SnapChat caption...this would make more sense to me then him not remembering the caption, moo. I know that when I’ve had friends pass, I always seem to especially remember our last conversation. I imagine it would be similar here. Not to mention the caption is right there on the phone to see until turned over to LE. This would be a major question that family, etc would ask, as well as something the individual would deeper ponder, I imagine: “what was the last thing(s) she said to you”?
The content may very well be known by LE by now, but as it disappears in seconds and cant be retrieved, I don't think he would have remembered. I know I wouldn't, plus he wasn't "into" social media, and was exhausted by that time, hence falling asleep with the phone on his face. It is a mystery and I too would like to know what it said, but no where near as much as he would like to know, as it was the last message he received from her.

Its too bad we don't know someone nearby that could go for a GoPro run along this loop, and possibly suggest better alternates. Maybe at ~7:30pm to get a better idea of available light, and what street light are/aren't on.
I’m doing exactly that tonight. Well, not the running part. I’m too old and fat to run.

Not necessarily. She could have washed her clothes that night and had planned to wear them the next day with her red work shirt over the sports bra...

I'm thinking about the work clothes and asked myself... the video posted of Mollie goofing off the day before she disappeared. Was that in a gym? Could she have gone to a gym in the morning and planned to shower and dress afterward, either there or at home? It appears the nearest gym is in Grinnell, which is where she worked.

That’s fair, but for me, her latest sentiments - that she does not believe that Mollie returned to DJ’s - hold the most water. I’m assuming that for her to have come out and said that (especially after her initial statements to the contrary) she would have received some pretty pointed information to that effect at some point. If she had ANY indication that Mollie had returned, I can’t imagine her saying that.
Possibly, but I can't reconcile the family statements about her working online doing homework with the statement that she never returned. One or both of these statments is false but I'm not sure which.

Yep -- good post.

I assume she would put them back down in the basement in the mornings -- or if she went on a run, as we apparently know -- or if someone ambushed her before she went into the house after her run --

Someone up-thread noted that the family said that when they entered the house the first time after Mollie went missing they found the dogs with food/water and maybe not making too much/any mess of the basement floor? I haven't seen that info myself but if it's accurate, that leans toward Mollie having put them in the basement more toward the morning--or those are some light-eating dogs with strong bowels/bladders.

This post is very well written and polite. I couldn’t agree more and have been wanting to say something similar, but couldn’t find the words, you nailed it. Thank you.

QUOTE="tabitha111, post: 14276663, member: 2386"]I have been following from thread #1 ...many of the questions new people are bringing up have been hashed and rehashed starting from there until here. You will get MUCH detailed information if you go back and read all the threads. I know..its long and time consuming, but I can almost guarantee if you ask it now, its been asked and gone over with a fine tooth comb in the threads before this one. Perhaps over the weekend, you can make it your bedtime reading.[/QUOTE]

What if she just got clipped by a car on her run, injured and disoriented in the corn, it's dark... She crawls or wanders in the wrong direction, not necessarily bleeding outwardly... I used to find deer on my property where that happened...

It's a good thought. I think the biggest problem with it is the electronics one. First we have to assume that her phone ran out of power well before the accident--otherwise her location would be pinned down perfectly.

Then we have to discount the theory that there were any electronic signals from the "pig farm region", 10-15 miles away. We don't know for certain that there were, but reporting has certainly suggested it.

I believe that her standard routes went through town, rather than through the corn fields.

I'm thinking about the work clothes and asked myself... the video posted of Mollie goofing off the day before she disappeared. Was that in a gym?

The employees at Mollie's work didn't have to wear the red shirts everyday. So that video may well have been taken at the day-care/kids-camp place at Grinnell Medical Center where Mollie worked.

Possibly, but I can't reconcile the family statements about her working online doing homework with the statement that she never returned. One or both of these statments is false but I'm not sure which.

Not necessarily .. She could have worked on homework and not returned home... But her IP address from her school log in would tell... Unless she logged on using her phone... Some online classes "homework" simply means logging on and commenting on a class related post on the class message board and only takes 2 minutes.

Maybe the timing was initially wrong. The first reports had her jogging at 530, right? So if LE went with that and saw online activity after 530, they would assume she made it home. But then the time of the jog was changed to 7:30-ish. So she could have been doing homework between when she got to the house at 530 and when she left for the run at 730. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member