Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone follow Katelyn Markham’s case...she was not found until 2 yrs after she went missing...still no arrest though apparently a POI...but not enough to charge. I think it has been 5 years now. So even having a POI may not help...

Not necessarily. She could have washed her clothes that night and had planned to wear them the next day with her red work shirt over the sports bra. It doesn't appear they had a strict dress code at work, so yoga jogging short/capri wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for her to wear going to the fair the next day.

If the house has a SmartMeter they can actually trace the amount of water or electricity at any given time. The house may have been equipped since it's rural ... But I assume they checked that.

I agree. I am the same size as Mollie - no one would mistake me for a child.
I picked up my son from preschool last week and one of the kids greeted me with "Wow!! X's mom is SO little!!" I'm 4'11. I've been mistaken for my teen son's sister and asked "is your Dad home?" by door to door solicitors. Personally, I take it as a compliment. At 20, I definitely looked like a child. Moo.

We also don’t know what the battery charge level was on her phone when she left the house. Some people are manic about having a full battery while others seem to always be at 3% charge.

Mine is never charged... I even have a spare battery... That's always dead too... Pretty sure my digital footprint would send LE on a wild goose chase haha...

I think some of these theories are getting pretty elaborate and unrealistic.
You think we're elaborate and unrealistic. I scanned the topics over at the /r/ place and they have an entire thread dedicated to someone's theory that this Q-Anon("17") person holds the key to solving Mollie's case. #facepalm

Even though everyone, including LE, has found this case to be very complex and frustrating, Mollie is still missing. Just because the case of finding her is so complex doesn't mean that what happened to her is equally as complex.

Access to the information that Mollie's BF and her other housemates would be out of town and Mollie would be kicking it solo at the house that night would seem to circumscribe the universe of possibilities. It reduces the odds this was just random abduction. and it probably excludes hostile or at least arm's length perps/stalkers (at least as your initial avenue of investigation).

Doesn't mean lightning couldn't have struck and it just so happened that someone saw Mollie randomly jogging and took advantage on the same night she was dog-sitting solo. But I'd put that way down on the list of possibilities; def ahead of Q-Anon's global sex trafficking ring theory but way behind someone Mollie encountered in her everyday life (either directly or by proxy of someone else feeding them info about Mollie) prior to being abducted.

I spent a lot of time hunting in the South and summers at relatives in the midwest. Buzzards are usually there in a short period of time. However, we don't always go investigate. In the Hannah Graham murder case she was found a month later. One of the locals stated they did find it odd there had been so many buzzards in that area a couple of weeks earlier. But they never went to look in spite of LE telling the public to be alert.

In the midwest, we didn't pay them any mind, UNLESS we had cattle. Still, when feeding the cattle one day in the spring my grandmother noticed one of the Angus cows was missing. When she didn't show at a subsequent feeding, they looked for her and didn't find her. My brother and I found the remains and her tag later in the summer - she had apparently been hit by lightning based on the marks on the tree she was under. No one remembers seeing buzzards.

What bothers me here is that LE not only is not warning the public to be aware of personality changes in a person they know, but I'm not hearing a lot of requests from LE to landowners to search their properties. I wonder why that is? On purpose? Or poor investigative skills?
If I remember correctly, they did tell the public to look for changes in people close to them. They said any tip is important. Change of behavoir, someone coming home late, not showing up for work, and many other things were discussed, but I don't remember LE exact statement. But what we have heard is that they are following each lead and at one time had over a 800 tips, and probably much more by now. They are examining every possibility thoroughly, and I suspect that is why the press conference was changed to Monday. They are incredibly busy. I dont think there is any indication of poor investigative skills at all.

I am signing off for the day but before I go, I thought I would share with you the formal definition for a ping farm. A ping farm is a pig farm where pigs wear fitbits. Get it? Ping farm.....try getting that image out of your head.

I picked up my son from preschool last week and one of the kids greeted me with "Wow!! X's mom is SO little!!" I'm 4'11. I've been mistaken for my teen son's sister and asked "is your Dad home?" by door to door solicitors. Personally, I take it as a compliment. At 20, I definitely looked like a child. Moo.

Molly is on the short side (average for my family, we top out around 5’4) but does not have childish looks or figure at all. My sisters are both 5’0 and we are all under 120 but not childlike.

If I remember correctly, they did tell the public to look for changes in people close to them. They said any tip is important. Change of behavoir, someone coming home late, not showing up for work, and many other things were discussed, but I don't remember LE exact statement. But what we have heard is that they ate following each lead and at one time had over a 800 tips, and probably much more by know. They are examining every possibility thoroughly, and I suspect that is why the press conference was changed to Monday. They are incredibly busy. I dont think there is any indication of poor investigative skills at all.

Did they?? We all said it many times...wondering why they did NOT say these things.

I posted that theory early on, and I still think it's a valid one. What would she do, especially with no car, if someone came to the door, or stopped her on her jog, and said, "I'm (some name), you may not remember me, but your father has been in a bad accident, and I'm here to take you to the hospital where your family is waiting. Get in."

Hmmm, maybe back in the 1980's or even 1990's. But in 2018? When everyone has a cell phone--Wouldn't she just text or facebook message her dad or mom immediately? And expect to have received notice of such an emergency via some communication other than a random driving up and shouting it at them.

Interesting theory to think about tho.

What if she had the Fitbit Surge or Ionic? I thought they are not dependent on the phone for GPS, but have it built in.

I know that people here have looked at her pictures and said they thought it was a Fitbit Alta, which doesn't have built-in GPS, evidently.

The battery discussion is an interesting one. Perhaps nothing was ditched near WC's or thrown out or whatever. It's possible the phone wasn't even intentionally turned off; what if that is when her phone died bc it was out of juice? They could have kept driving long after that, but it would be the last time it sent out a signal, correct?

My BFF here in the UK is about four foot ten and skinny and from the back, totally looks like a ten year old. My daughter is 15, five foot six and built like Marilyn Monroe and is often mistaken for a 25 year old. Personally, I am horrible at guessing anyone's age. Also,it looks like Mollie wears just a touch if any make-up, also making it difficult since most ten year olds don't wear make up.

Also, the dogs were still locked in the basement leans more toward Mollie either had not returned or had just returned.

But without knowing more about Mollie's usual routine/behavior with the dogs, hard to know how quickly she'd let them up from the basement on returning.

I know if I locked my dog in the basement and I wasn't down there too, he'd whine and complain til I either went down there to be with him or let him out.

Possible, esp since these weren't her dogs (?), that Mollie didn't have a close relationship with the dogs. And that she returned from her run, sat down in her jogging clothes to do homework and left them down there still. OR, that she came back from run, let them out and then, as someone suggested last thread, put the dogs in the basement when a visitor arrived.

But, yeah, with the limited information we have, seems Mollie was either on her run or returning from her run when the events transpired.

Yep -- good post.

I assume she would put them back down in the basement in the mornings -- or if she went on a run, as we apparently know -- or if someone ambushed her before she went into the house after her run -- or if she were contacted at the house by someone telling her that a family member had been in a bad accident and "volunteered" to take her to the hospital. I don't know how much this tells us except that there probably wasn't a struggle at the house, as many of us agree.

You're so right about our limited info -- we may not know if there is more concerning the condition of the house -- but apparently LE did not encircle it with the familiar yellow "keep out -- Police" tape and an officer guarding it.

Will we be any wiser in a couple of days???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member