Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ever I decide to commit a huge bank heist or other major crime, I'm headed for your county.

I'm new to this forum and searched for a chuckle button...your post would have warranted one. :)
Do you have a link for this witness report? I do not remember reading any reference to 10pm other than DJ opening a snapchat from Mollie around 10pm.

I'm new to this forum. Am I allowed to publish links? Playing it safe for now and will just give the info to search. Good Morning America featured DR and his report, plus many other media outlets. You can also find his initial statement on the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office's Facebook page in the comments. He posted it within a couple of days of her being reported missing. I believe his original time of seeing MT was between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM, July 18. As for DC, there are several media reports about his statement. ABC7.com's article 'Mollie Tibbetts updates: Timeline of Iowa student missing for three weeks' states that LE believed she made it home. If you Google his name and MT's, you will see many reports.

The Fitbit pinged at the hog farm. From what we know, this is the reason the farm and surrounding area were so thoroughly searched. This Fitbit ping is probably the reason WC has been thoroughly investigated. From what we know this Fitbit ping represents the last known location of Mollie. How is this a distraction?
My thinking is that since the phone would work without the Fitbit but the Fitbit wouldn't work without the phone, the phone's last ping would be more revealing. That's all. Maybe a smoke and mirrors tactic, here look where the Fitbit last pinged and it's very interesting but we've also pinged the phone which likely, from the volumes I've read here on WS about Fitbits, would not yield the amount of information the phone would. And has LE really said anything concrete about the phone pings? Or just the Fitbit? I am sure they have 100% of the phone info.

<snipped quoted post>
Honestly the first thought I had when I saw the video was that she was acting coquettish as a girl would if a guy was filming her. Not necessarily someone she liked or was interested in but someone she did not expect to or feel comfortable with filming her. I dismissed that when someone here said a girl had posted it. Has it been determined who in fact filmed it? I thought when her dad said someone may have misconstrued her intentions, that he was referring to this video.
I don't remember any reference by her dad pertaining to this video. We don't know at this time who filmed it or who posted it.

Did WC pass the polygraph?

He did take the test, but I thought I heard him say he wasn't going to take no "polygraph chest."

My only question would be where can you get one of those, plastic surgeon?

We don't know if he passed. My impression from media reports was that he may not come up again in the case based on lack of interest since he took the test.

Sorry, still catching up... you guys are good and interesting. Thank you so much.

Link for the bit about 10pm? I have not read that LE gave him a time frame for that Fitbit data.
EDited to add the paragraph that is floating around all the MSM articles in regards to DC:
“Neighbor DC <edited for initials> a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.”

I had written it down in my notes but didn't cite the source. My job requires reading many articles (unrelated to MT) so I can't immediately recall which media source reported that time. I'll try to look for it though.

I do not believe this family is using a “script” at all. They have let things out LE refuses to confirm, offered scenarios that would bring the best (the only good, really) result for Mollie. LE can’t tell them what to say and what’s more, LE has probably has told them almost nothing as to their beliefs from investigation. We hear constantly from familes who demoan LE telling them nothing, not even the most basic info, in lot of cases. I see nothing scripted at all in this family’s interviews...instead I see desperation. Jmo

If she had the mobilerun app on with her fitbit there is real-time tracking data. If not the FitBit would have to sync to the sensors on the phone and link to the FitBit app.
If they have "pings" then that have her last known location. If it was the pig farm(which doesn't have pigs at this time I read) then they area would be secured and every inch would be searched. The farmer just seems to be a strange guy. His past record was domestic, as he had a relationship with the women he stalked...

It depends on how the picture was sent... And maybe it wasn't just an innocent "hey", but a more intimate image set to disappear after x seconds...
I have been hesitant to bring this up here. In no way do I wish to accuse MT of something she may never have done. But even though I do not use Snapchat I do have younger people around me that have told me not only what others have sent on Snapchat but what they themselves have as well. I am NO prude but I can't even believe the stuff I have heard being sent over snapchat even by young women who are avid church goers and from excellent families. Obviously I have asked why they do this. The answer simply is because we all do. You are from a whole other generation and don't understand how things are today. The fact that the pictures "disappear" had been considered a safety net until some realized these pictures can be saved. My own daughter told me a situation with one of her friends that I know where the receiver of the snapchat, not someone she had been in a long term relationship with, has gone on to send the pictures to others guys causing extreme embarassment to this girl who is only 19. I can understand why there are now laws against this and considered cyber stalking as there should be. What a horrible way to harm some younger person's character and reputation because of a not well thought out decision.

My thinking is that since the phone would work without the Fitbit but the Fitbit wouldn't work without the phone, the phone's last ping would be more revealing. That's all. Maybe a smoke and mirrors tactic, here look where the Fitbit last pinged and it's very interesting but we've also pinged the phone which likely, from the volumes I've read here on WS about Fitbits, would not yield the amount of information the phone would. And has LE really said anything concrete about the phone pings? Or just the Fitbit? I am sure they have 100% of the phone info.

The fitbit provided an exact (to within a few meters) GPS position. Phones only give a cell tower a very rough estimate of location.

I had a thought... were there any door to door salesmen in the area in July???... selling solar panels, electric rebates, etc.???

I’m thinking if one went to the bf house and mollie answered the door, she accidentally told him her bf was away for work and bf was the decision maker, and to come back on x date just to get rid of the salesman.... then salesman took this as an opportunity, knowing she was alone, to revisit the house or wait for her to leave the house in the am to assault her??

JMO and a theory I haven’t seen discussed.

threadclosed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members